NC Uber Driver Class Action sign up

Disgusted Driver

You might want to find someone else to do your taxes if you're paying 40%.
I think they are include the 15% for financial which would put you at 25% for fed and state, not outrageous.

The better question is how much income do you have? I done recall the actual numbers but I made something like 20k in revenue after fees from Uber. My taxable income was only about 5k. Why? Because I turn my app on every morning and evening as I drive to and from work, knowing full well that I won't get a call. Taxable expense though because I'm on the clock. I'll do the same thing on the weekends, leave the app on while running errands, run up the mileage deduction!

P.S. I drive select, If you are doing x, you should not have any income.

Disgusted Driver

WoW... $400.00 per week part-time is not bad.
That was last year, Things were better then AND I used the word revenue not earnings, probably 25% of that goes to vehicle expenses. But yes, 300 a week was a nice supplement to my income, helped me do a lot for my family, but this year I'll be lucky if I bring in 15k in revenue.

Bill Wirth

Have things got slow or has uber hired new drivers for New Years! Surges are quick and weak! What gives?

Disgusted Driver

Have things got slow or has uber hired new drivers for New Years! Surges are quick and weak! What gives?
I think they've added so many drivers that is thrown the equation of of whack. For example, Sunday night has always been slow. inside the belt line, at 1am there were 5 selects and 10 or 12 x's out there, way more than needed. Way too many poor souls chasing peanuts.

You might want to find someone else to do your taxes if you're paying 40%.
By the book: Worker's Compensation. Federal Unemployment, State Unemployment, State Tax, Federal Tax and Social Security Tax could come close to 40% of net pay.

Bill Wirth

I love all of these commercials saying that uber is the ultimate side hussel! What a complete nightmare!

KVan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
tr41: Ist of all, you already have a real job. You are currently employed by a company worth more money than either Ford or GM. They owe you by law, compensation for the work you have done, are doing, or will do. Uber currently has a $68 Billion valuation because of drivers who think it is somehow not a real job and don't want to take the initiative to collect what they are owed. Many drivers are also grateful for some extra income but would also like to be compensated for expenses. For instance, the expense for the drive to a pax and after completing the trip are obviously put off on the driver by the TNC companies. Insurance, car repairs, payments, lincensing, gas, food, tips, mileage depreciation, basic wage and Labor protections, ad infinitem. (help me out guys, I'm forgetting some stuff) However, the companies dictate what rates we can charge and collect the fare from the pax along with their cut 1st. They have abject control over every aspect of the app we use. Other companies have to pay these protections to maintain control, it's called "employment". TNC's like Uber are passing these expenses on to us while they watch their prospective IPO value grow. Let me cut this short because I could go on until morning and just close with this. THE QUESTION IS NOT DO WE REALLY WANT TO BECOME EMPLOYEES? The question is since the law says we have ALREADY been employees why would you not want to get the pay you have ALREADY earned?

tr41l3rtr4sh

I think when everyone signed up to become an "independent contractor" they understood this and that doesn't make them an "employee" so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. No one was forced to sign up and everyone knew exactly what the terms were from the beginning. You knew that you would be driving your personal car around for $.70/mile with all the other operating cost and now people want to act surprised because they realized that it's not worth it. So if you feel like this is a "real" job then that's good for you but for me I know I'm worth a hell of a lot more. Love it or leave it...that's all I'm saying.