NC Uber Driver Class Action sign up

KVan

If Drivers in NC want to join current driver plaintiffs in existing NC class action suit contact Brittany Weiner 646 380 9555

KVan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www. uberdriverslawsuit.com/

https://www.pacermonitor. com/public/case/15319326/HOOD_ v_UBER_TECHNOLOGIES_INC_et_al

http://www.indyweek.com/news/ archives/2016/09/02/uber- really-really-doesnt-pay-very- well-according-to-a-lawsuit- filed-in-north-carolina

These links are 3 different sources describing aspects of class action. Same idea as current California suit: O'Connor vs. Uber.

KVan

Best way to access the article about NC class action on Indyweek is to google it by copying:

uber- really-really-doesnt-pay-very- well-according-to-a-lawsuit- filed-in-north-carolina

and then enter as a google search

KVan

Great video by uberman, thank you. The video was just forwarded to the attorneys handling the case. Will see what their response is.

agtg

Thanks for posting this.

The wording Uber sent out yesterday was tricky. It said "if you use our app" you agree to the terms. What is construed as "using our app?" It's a big vague, and likely intentionally so. I understand most would presume that would mean giving someone a ride, but Uber is tricksy. I haven't gone near my app, and don't plan to (I deleted it).

Here is the exact sentence: If you use our app or other services on or after that date, you're confirming you've read and agree to the updated Terms.

KVan

Thanks for posting this.

The wording Uber sent out yesterday was tricky. It said "if you use our app" you agree to the terms. What is construed as "using our app?" It's a big vague, and likely intentionally so. I understand most would presume that would mean giving someone a ride, but Uber is tricksy. I haven't gone near my app, and don't plan to (I deleted it).

Here is the exact sentence: If you use our app or other services on or after that date, you're confirming you've read and agree to the updated Terms.

KVan

If you send in an email to: [email protected], state your full name, telephone #, email address on your Uber account and clearly write " I reject the U.S. Terms and Arbitration Agreement submitted by Uber Technologies to take effect 11-21-2016. That's what I did. No concern about using app and continuing to drive after sending this if you want to. We are protected by law, don't worry.

KVan

I currently count 11 drivers officially signed on to the class action. The number will continue to grow as word of the lawsuit gets out and drivers find out they are owed money. It's up to us drivers to force them to pay us back.

tr41l3rtr4sh

Why would anyone (especially uber drivers) support this? Yes the wages sucks but do you really want to become employees? If they classify us as employees we would have to abide by their rules 100%. You would then have to work on their schedule at minimum wage! I can make more flipping burgers. I'm just saying I'm grateful for the opportunity to support my family until I find a REAL job.

Disgusted Driver

I don't think it will go that way. the effect of the CA. suit was to force Uber to change rules, not to make us employees. There is no way Uber could survive if we were employed.

I'm hoping that it will get me some cash in my pocket one day in the next few years and that they will treat drivers better. Whatever the case , it will likely be years before anything comes of this.

Hogg

Why would anyone (especially uber drivers) support this? Yes the wages sucks but do you really want to become employees? If they classify us as employees we would have to abide by their rules 100%. You would then have to work on their schedule at minimum wage! I can make more flipping burgers. I'm just saying I'm grateful for the opportunity to support my family until I find a REAL job.
The tax burden shifting would be a good reason to support it. As Contractors we are responsible for 100% of our FICA, it's sometimes called self-employment tax, but the company is not paying employment tax that employers do, so we have to make up the difference. The tax rate on our income is something like 40%. That means if you make $20,000 in a year doing ride-sharing, you will owe $8000 at the end of the year.