Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Nazi Über deactivated me for no-fault accidents on my record!

6K views 80 replies 39 participants last post by  Crosbyandstarsky 
#1 · (Edited)
According to Checkr, and they're not lying, I have a 2016 speeding ticket and two recent accidents on my U.S. driving record.

What Checkr, or the DMV for that matter, don't say on my record is that the two accidents were "no-fault" of mine.

I was driving for nazi Über when I had the accidents, with nazi Über riders/customers in my car. I got hit both times by deranged drivers who weren't paying attention to their driving. I, and my riders, could have gotten killed by the irresponsibility of those drivers that hit my car. This is the risk we take while driving for nazi Über, every time we drive for that company.

So... I take the time to obtain letters from Geico showing that, in fact, I wasn't at fault in either one of the two accidents.

I take the Geico letters, in pretty blue-and-white Geico letterhead, to nazi Über. They say:

"It doesn't matter that you weren't at fault. We just don't want drivers with 3 or more INCIDENTS on their record. Your 4.96 driver rating, 8,419 rides, and 4 years of faithful service to us in Miami, St Louis, and Seattle, don't mean SHIT to us. GOOD BYE."

This is how nazi Über pays its drivers.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I can compare Uber to many, many awful things, but Nazi? That's a bit reaching.

Seems like you're prone to accidents and tickets. Their insurance can't take a risk on you. Remember, its business, not personal.
Yeah. I've read this exact same comment on similar cases before.

Wow. Didn't waste any time fulfilling Godwin's Law in this thread. Congrats.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
#12 ·
As others have pointed out, it shows a pattern. While on paper it may not be your fault, there are certainly many circumstances where the driver isnt at fault by law but still contributed to the crash. Whether its poor situational awareness and avoidance, or brake checking, or whatever, it can still be a pain on the insurance.

Insurance sets perameters to maintain a certain costs effectiveness. To keep the insurance rate lower, they have to adhere to those guidelines strictly.

It sucks, but those are the guidelines.

#13 ·
I use my go pro as a dash cam for now saveing money for a more expensive better front and rear faceing cam for rear end accidents. I have defensively avoided 3 accidents in the last 30 days driveing Uber passangers. I suggest you take a defensive driveing class and pay very close attention. I would guess your 2 no faults could have been avoided. Speeding is something we all do. I have had more than 5 in last few years as I ride a sport motorcycle. The trick is getting your charge reduced to a non moveing violation or speed reduced to non reporting limit. Such as 1-14 over speed limit in Georgia is non reporting. But seriously please take a defensive driveing class. You can’t control other cars but if you leave space and be on lookout for idiots you can avoid accidents.

#15 · (Edited)
In 18 years I've never been in an accident
You might have jinxed it right now :devilish:

Speaking of accidents. Today was driving a a couple of nice doped kids from Arlington, MA to Swapscott, MA. On the way on a 4 lane highway in the opposite direction the traffic was stopped and a guy lay across the road apparently hit by a car, motionless. No cops or ambulance yet. What a sad way for someone to start a beautiful Sunday... I felt sorry for the driver who now has to go through he'll because of some idiot who jumped in front of his car on a HIGHWAY!

#17 ·
No fault accidents can happen to anyone, regardless of your style of driving. You can not control how people drive around you. People can rear end your car cause they are distracted. People can swivel into you from the opposite lane on a curvy road (happened to me), they can loose control of their vehicle due to technical issues, they slide into your car during icy roads season, all of that is just a game of chance. Pure dumb chance not controlled even by God himself.

#18 · (Edited)
Fault or no fault, nazis or not, the important problem here is whether companies like Uber should be regulated, in what aspects of their business models, and to what extent.

In my opinion, there should be clear rules put in place for the common wellbeing, and these rules are nowhere to be seen right now.

As things stand, protected only are the interests of the huge investing conglomerates that intend to keep Uber afloat with annual financial losses in the billions until driverless can be fully implemented.

In the meantime, Uber could stand practicing a little decency towards their drivers. We're but their humble drivers, not the Gestapo.

#33 ·
Fault or no fault, nazis or not, the important problem here is whether companies like Uber should be regulated, in what aspects of their business models, and to what extent.

In my opinion, there should be clear rules put in place for the common wellbeing, and these rules are nowhere to be seen right now.
Actually...government regulation is probably exactly what caused your deactivation. Seattle or Washington state probably put in some new regulation that said drivers had to be deactivated in certain circumstances for the common well-being of the citizens, no matter what.

We have such regulations in Florida, and you folks have MUCH more stringent regulations (for the common well-being) than we do.

You met the criteria, and you're done.

#34 · (Edited)
Uber, Uber, über alles!

Actually...government regulation is probably exactly what caused your deactivation. Seattle or Washington state probably put in some new regulation that said drivers had to be deactivated in certain circumstances for the common well-being of the citizens, no matter what.

We have such regulations in Florida, and you folks have MUCH more stringent regulations (for the common well-being) than we do.

You met the criteria, and you're done.
Regulation, precisely, would protect drivers from unfair and/or obtuse measures. Regulation, also, had it been properly in place, would have prevented 737 MAX planes from flying and killing 346 innocent humans. Both Uber and Boeing self-regulate, without proper oversight. Drivers with no-fault accidents get deactivated, and might face homelessness -- but some with rape and murder convictions are o.k. to drive for Uber.

#24 ·
The insurance at my day job is the same way, accidents where you are not at fault still count against you. It is an insurance thing not a company thing. There are guidelines that go back for 3 years, too many strikes get you deactivated from driving. Once one drops off you are good to go again.

#51 ·
I was trying to tell someone in a recent thread that even if you're not at fault, accidents are a bad thing, and to drive defensively. All they cared about was that it wasn't their fault that they almost got into an accident instead of taking my advice about being a defensive driver and my advice to anticipate when an idiot is going to be an idiot and come into your land and to drive defensively as a precaution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.