• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

navigation problems

the uber app navigation isn't working today but it knows when I am getting to the fare and when I am getting to their destination. Has anyone else had this problem before? How do you rectify? I had to ask turn by turn directions from the fare and felt unprofessional for it.

Cableguynoe

Don’t use UBER navigation.

Google maps of Waze.

Make sure you have them installed on your phone and in settings you can make them the default.

I like google maps and when I’m getting close to pickup or drop off I switch to UBER app. That’s the only time I like it, for pulling up to exact spot.

Alexxx_Uber

Google maps of Waze.

Make sure you have them installed on your phone and in settings you can make them the default.

I like google maps and when I’m getting close to pickup or drop off I switch to UBER app. That’s the only time I like it, for pulling up to exact spot.
Exactly same

Seamus

Google maps of Waze.

Yup, I do the same with waze.

mmn

If you set the default to Maps or Waze the Driver App will open it automatically with the destination. Then as you near the destination it will switch back to the Driver App.
so you guys start the ride, minimize the app, open google or waze and type in the address all before taking off? What a pain in the butt.

jgiun1

The only issue with switching to Google....when a stacked ping (another ride coming in while in current one) it'll give you an alert pop up message. You'll be tapping three times to accept new ride and go back to maps, all the while, pax witnessed you breaking the law.

Last edited:

Brian321

I use Google Maps (Waze doesn't show you which lane you should be in, and in Boston, that's very important info).

Yeah, except when the pax didn't drop the pin in the right spot.

racheljo

Do uber, google maps, and/or waze show you if a street is a one way street and if so, which way it goes? Which ones show that info and which ones don't?

Cableguynoe

I use Google Maps (Waze doesn't show you which lane you should be in, and in Boston, that's very important info).

Yeah, except when the pax didn't drop the pin in the right spot.
True. But that doesn’t mater too much. As long as you’re at the pin, the timer starts.

And I like google maps for the same reason.

Do uber, google maps, and/or waze show you if a street is a one way street and if so, which way it goes? Which ones show that info and which ones don't?
99% of the time they won't tell you to go down a one way.
The other 1% we should be sharp enough to catch it if it's within the first 10 hours of driving.

racheljo

True. But that doesn’t mater too much. As long as you’re at the pin, the timer starts.

And I like google maps for the same reason.

99% of the time they won't tell you to go down a one way.
The other 1% we should be sharp enough to catch it if it's within the first 10 hours of driving.
I mean if the pickup address is on a one way street?

Cableguynoe

I mean if the pickup address is on a one way street?
You don’t have to know that it is a one way.
It doesn’t matter.

The gps will direct you to enter the street the correct way.

If it ever seems like that app is taking you the long way to get to a pax when you’re so close to them, it’s probably because of a one way

Just follow gps and like I said, 99% of the time you’ll be alright.

Cableguynoe

Sorry Rick James *

I saw Rick and assumed you were a dude.
I should have been nicer.

I also would have flirted at least a little bit now that I’m seeing your pic.

Now I feel like we need to start over

dirtylee

Google maps of Waze.

I only use NAV for general directions & when I get turn by turn close. App switching is cumbersome & I already long haul via memory.