1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

navigation problems

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Rick James *, Dec 2, 2018.

1. the uber app navigation isn't working today but it knows when I am getting to the fare and when I am getting to their destination. Has anyone else had this problem before? How do you rectify? I had to ask turn by turn directions from the fare and felt unprofessional for it.

jgiun1 likes this.
  2. Don’t use UBER navigation.

Google maps of Waze.

Make sure you have them installed on your phone and in settings you can make them the default.

I like google maps and when I’m getting close to pickup or drop off I switch to UBER app. That’s the only time I like it, for pulling up to exact spot.

Solid 5, Brian321, jgiun1 and 2 others like this.
  3. Alexxx_Uber

Alexxx_Uber

Exactly same

jgiun1 likes this.
  4. Seamus

Seamus

Driving:
    UberX
    Yup, I do the same with waze.

mikes424 and jgiun1 like this.
  5. so you guys start the ride, minimize the app, open google or waze and type in the address all before taking off? What a pain in the butt.

Cableguynoe and jgiun1 like this.
  6. mmn

mmn

Driving:
    UberX
    If you set the default to Maps or Waze the Driver App will open it automatically with the destination. Then as you near the destination it will switch back to the Driver App.

jgiun1 likes this.
  7. ohhhh, I just switched it in the app. I didn't know I could do that. From Uber Navigation to Google Maps, right?

Cableguynoe, jgiun1 and Alexxx_Uber like this.
  8. Alexxx_Uber

Alexxx_Uber

Change it in the app, so as soon you click navigate, the waze or google map automatically pops up ...

jgiun1 likes this.
  9. jgiun1

jgiun1

The only issue with switching to Google....when a stacked ping (another ride coming in while in current one) it'll give you an alert pop up message. You'll be tapping three times to accept new ride and go back to maps, all the while, pax witnessed you breaking the law.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Alexxx_Uber likes this.
  10. Brian321

Brian321

I use Google Maps (Waze doesn't show you which lane you should be in, and in Boston, that's very important info).

Yeah, except when the pax didn't drop the pin in the right spot.

Cableguynoe likes this.
  11. racheljo

racheljo

Do uber, google maps, and/or waze show you if a street is a one way street and if so, which way it goes? Which ones show that info and which ones don't?

12. True. But that doesn’t mater too much. As long as you’re at the pin, the timer starts.

And I like google maps for the same reason.

99% of the time they won't tell you to go down a one way.
    The other 1% we should be sharp enough to catch it if it's within the first 10 hours of driving.

13. racheljo

racheljo

I mean if the pickup address is on a one way street?

14. You don’t have to know that it is a one way.
    It doesn’t matter.

The gps will direct you to enter the street the correct way.

If it ever seems like that app is taking you the long way to get to a pax when you’re so close to them, it’s probably because of a one way

Just follow gps and like I said, 99% of the time you’ll be alright.

15. Zebonkey

Zebonkey

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Here's a crazy idea: know the area, where you are driving.

16. Sorry Rick James *Rick James *

I saw Rick and assumed you were a dude.
    I should have been nicer.

I also would have flirted at least a little bit now that I’m seeing your pic.

Now I feel like we need to start over

Solid 5 likes this.
  17. hahahaha. its ok. don't make consessions for me cuz I am pretty. do it cuz I am funny and charming. I also missed the comment you made.

Cableguynoe likes this.
  18. dirtylee

dirtylee

Driving:
    UberX
    I only use NAV for general directions & when I get turn by turn close. App switching is cumbersome & I already long haul via memory.

Cableguynoe likes this.