Nasty gram from Lyft. Should I worry

Fisk33

I received this email from Lyft today. First of all, I don't "miss" requests. I decline them if they are too far away. I start driving around 3am when there are very few drivers on the road so I frequently get requests over 15 minutes. Here's the email:

Account Update
Passengers rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and it's important that you're there for them. We've reached out to you several times about your substantial number of missed ride requests. If this problem continues, you'll affect our ability to keep the platform running smoothly.
It's best for the community when you accept the ride requests you receive, or simply log out of driver mode if you need a break.

Are they going to deactivate me, or is this just an empty threat?

Friendly Jack

I received this email from Lyft today. First of all, I don't "miss" requests. I decline them if they are too far away. I start driving around 3am when there are very few drivers on the road so I frequently get requests over 15 minutes. Here's the email:

Account Update
Passengers rely on drivers to provide a dependable service, and it's important that you're there for them. We've reached out to you several times about your substantial number of missed ride requests. If this problem continues, you'll affect our ability to keep the platform running smoothly.
It's best for the community when you accept the ride requests you receive, or simply log out of driver mode if you need a break.

No problem. I have received at least a dozen of that same identical letter. Consider it a badge of honor and proof of your good business sense.

BeansnRice

Account Update

You’re shaping up nicely as a driver.
Keep up the good work!

TheDevilisaParttimer

Account Update

Lyft’s relationship with it’s drivers summed up in one message.

Dropking

Account Update
wo
No worries. Eventually they will stop sending these coercive emails. Its just a tactic to scare you.

touberornottouber

They won't do anything. Long ago when there were less drivers out and I worked a certain area in the early morning I'd get those warnings at least once or twice a week because I'd refuse to leave my target area.

In fact I'm pretty sure I read something once which suggested that if the time away is more than 10 minutes they won't even really count it against you. It was supposedly a message from a Lyft CSR. With the companies cutting the percentage going to the driver and gas prices increasing we pretty much have to be pickier about accepting long distance rides. No one wants to drive 5+ miles to get a $3 ride.

vtcomics

Maybe Lyft will eventually realize that long pickup fees are better than nasty grams in convincing drivers to 'care more about riders'.
I've had discussions with Lyft about this. I point blank asked them how they expect me to take these trips that ARE A FINANCIAL LOSS TO ME. They responded with a one time $10 spiff payment. Now, Lyft is a part of my rideshare biz, but I never ever take a trip that is more than a couple miles to the rider. That's a road to insolvency.

1974toyota

Account Update

here's the deal, LYFT needs to make $$$ there stock is tanking, if you don't start taking more rides LYFT will be in $$$ trouble, so PLEASE take those rides, LYFT NEEDS you NOW,jmo

Kodyhead

Account Update

You read this a few times and interpreted this as nasty or threatening?

This is why we need less guns lol

dctcmn

OP has been a member at UP.net for exactly 3 years.

This is also the 50,000th time this question has been asked here.

Lots of important milestones to celebrate in this thread.