Nashville Airport navigation

Scott Fleming

Although I'm only a few days into driving, one thing I've quickly noticed is that sometimes riders do not enter the correct location for the International Airport BNA, and the navigator (uber and Waze) will direct you to the Air Freight terminals instead of the actual "departures" entrance. Don't be fooled by this, and if you know the way into the airport, then ignore the GPS navigation - it will save you from apologizing to your rider(s) and time. It's happened twice to me but not a third time.

So, when a rider tells me the airport, I ask "Which airline are you flying out of?" So I know which terminal to take them to. I use the Nav to get me to the airport, but once I know where I'm going, I ignore further directions and head straight to the "departures" to drop them off.

Just sharing some insight. Thanks,

Clay66

Hi Scott...will be traveling to Nashville next week and was wondering if UberX is allowed to pick up at BNA? Thanks.

iDriveNashville

Hi Scott...will be traveling to Nashville next week and was wondering if UberX is allowed to pick up at BNA? Thanks.
Not Scott, but yes BNA was the first airport in the US to welcome rideshare drivers, and there is a dedicated pick up area for ride share services, simply follow the signs in the terminal. Please make sure you are getting into a vehicle displaying their affiliation (as required by the airport authority), and that the driver, vehicle plate, and description are correct.

Have fun in Nashville!

iDriveNashville

Thanks for the info!
My pleasure! Love helping people enjoy the city... unless your a Texans fan, then you can burn in hell and take a cab. Speaking of which, metro taxi commission uses the triangle system between the airport, Opryland, and downtown, meaning a cab can only charge a $25 flat rate between any point on the triangle. So, bna to Opryland, 25. Opryland to downtown, 25, etc. Many cabs will offer a special flat rate off meter to legally get around this. Don't do that.

Rideshare is exempt from the triangle though, and are much cheaper per mile than cabs.

Enjoy your trip!