Mystro

Jackthecat

Not sure if anybody's tried this app yet? Got a couple questions? I know you need an android. My concern is I might get penalized? Will it make my numbers ( ratings ) go down when it set up for no pools or no rides in a Certain distance? ... if anyone has some experience with it ..... thanks

Here is the link: http://ssqt.co/mvcMj4n

Last edited:

Jackthecat

Really ? I thought it did .. my is down to 87% ... kinda freaking about it . I won't get penalized in anyway ?Tysmith95

Tinuviel

I used it for a couple of weeks, until they started emailing me that my free time was ending (got more than the 10 rides per week as the counter wasn't working).

It works fairly well. It goes offline on the alternate app when you accept so your accept rating doesn't get impacted. The only way this would affect it is if you have a request come in for both right at about the same time.

Jackthecat

I used it for a couple of weeks, until they started emailing me that my free time was ending (got more than the 10 rides per week as the counter wasn't working).

It works fairly well. It goes offline on the alternate app when you accept so your accept rating doesn't get impacted. The only way this would affect it is if you have a request come in for both right at about the same time.
Great to know ! Did u feel the app was worth getting?

I like it. Also, if you want to accept a ride that doesn't meet your requirements, you can tap it to override and accept it anyway.
I know ! That's one of the things that really stood out for me . The other is the pool

DudeGuy

I use it and feel it is worth it. It's less than 10 bucks a month.

Great to know ! Did u feel the app was worth getting?

I know ! That's one of the things that really stood out for me . The other is the pool

It doesn't reject as much as ignore. I like that when running both apps, i don't have to do anything when a trip is accepted.

A downside though, is that if you stop new requests on Uber, when the ride is over it'll turn it back on, so make sure you turn Mystro off

Tinuviel

There is also a free app that came out recently I am using, though I may stop soon. It has less qualifiers, and doesn't let you freely switch between the 'foreground' app. It does track mileage and expenses though. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thunderstick.CarCompanion&hl=en

There is now UpShift too, which I need to try and see how well it works: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.upshft.upshiftprime&hl=en.
If no app really does what I want fully, so I may eventually say 'f-it' and build my own as I am a software developer.

Jackthecat

I use it and feel it is worth it. It's less than 10 bucks a month.

It doesn't reject as much as ignore. I like that when running both apps, i don't have to do anything when a trip is accepted.

A downside though, is that if you stop new requests on Uber, when the ride is over it'll turn it back on, so make sure you turn Mystro off
Thanks for your input

There is also a free app that came out recently I am using, though I may stop soon. It has less qualifiers, and doesn't let you freely switch between the 'foreground' app. It does track mileage and expenses though. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thunderstick.CarCompanion&hl=en

There is now UpShift too, which I need to try and see how well it works: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.upshft.upshiftprime&hl=en.
If no app really does what I want fully, so I may eventually say 'f-it' and build my own as I am a software developer.
Let us know when it comes out !! Lol

Elmo Burrito

I rarely have an acceptance rate that high. They lost a lawsuit in MA where the courts said that they couldn't enforce acceptance rate requirements if they consider us independent contractors.
True, they can't enforce acceptance rate requirements but, if you been at this awhile, you know that Uber will (behind the scenes) give preferential treatment to drivers that are better team players who try to keep their acceptance rate high. Of course, if they have a shortage of drivers in that market, they don't care so much about ratings.

Tysmith95

True, they can't enforce acceptance rate requirements but, if you been at this awhile, you know that Uber will (behind the scenes) give preferential treatment to drivers that are better team players who try to keep their acceptance rate high. Of course, if they have a shortage of drivers in that market, they don't care so much about ratings.
Excatly, in May and April I kept my acceptance rate low. When I tried to do so in June and July it hurt, so I had to increase that acceptance rate.

RichNH

Acceptance rate does not have anything to do with your ability to get requests. Your location is the sole factor in getting requests. Last Sunday I had 27 rides to hit my incentive. My acceptance rate was below 70%. It didn't make a difference. I put myself in areas that had a high probability of a request but if you all want to wear your tin foil hats and worry about it go ahead.

Excatly, in May and April I kept my acceptance rate low. When I tried to do so in June and July it hurt, so I had to increase that acceptance rate.
June and July are not May and April in reguards to trip requests.

Tysmith95

I'm convinced that Uber has some sort of algorithm to prevent pool requests from going to drivers who don't want them or who click stop new requests. Only 1 in 10 of my requests are pools, probably because I hit stop new requests every time.

RichNH

I'm convinced that Uber has some sort of algorithm to prevent pool requests from going to drivers who don't want them or who click stop new requests. Only 1 in 10 of my requests are pools, probably because I hit stop new requests every time.
My experience last Sunday debunks that. I rarely take pools. I rarely allow new requests when I do. Last Sunday I took pools left myself open and hit 27 rides in 11 hrs. $120+ was worth it for me on a Sunday. I don't have that mindset on Friday

Tysmith95

My experience last Sunday debunks that. I rarely take pools. I rarely allow new requests when I do. Last Sunday I took pools left myself open and hit 27 rides in 11 hrs. $120+ was worth it for me on a Sunday. I don't have that mindset on Friday
What do you mean, Sundays are usually busier then Fridays in my experience.

RichNH

What do you mean, Sundays are usually busier then Fridays in my experience.
I'm talking about pools. I planned my day around getting pool requests. Cambridge Somerville. My best was a threefer 1st Belmont 2nd Brighton 3rd Alston all dropped in Brookline.

Brian G.

I've notice when you give 4 stars more frequent to just 5 star everyone both uber and lyft punish you by making you wait longer in between rides. Your acceptance rate means a lil when its slow and if a driver were to have a 90% acceptance rate to your much lower rate he'll always get the ride. This is how they both control us to have the platforms run smoother.

Robinhood

They sent email recently about incentives no longer tied to acceptance rates...I'm sure somewhere in there software they have/had pings and whatever else gated however suited them