MyRideTrac - New Mileage/Expense App for Uber, Lyft Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyRideTrac

Past Sponsor
Update 7/12/16: Just released version 2.0 with Metric Support. Check it out here!

I’m Ken, I have been driving Uber for just over a year now and I just rolled out MyRideTrac – to help rideshare drivers track their mileage. I tried many of the apps out there to track miles and expenses and they didn’t work for me as a Rideshare driver, so… I designed one on my own – just for rideshare drivers. . It’s called MyRideTrac. MyRideTrac logs your miles and gas purchases in the background (an all expense tracking version is in the works) and uses a convenient pull-down widget to let you control how to tag those miles as RIDER, NORIDER or PERSONAL, in real-time. See your savings immediately by accurately tracking all your deduction eligible miles.

MyRideTrac works with all rideshare apps. However, MyRideTrac is available on iOS for iPhones/iPads right now and and an Android version is in the works. I have been using it in test mode for 5 months and I just rolled it out on the Apple app store. It is free to try (20 free events per month) and just $.99/month for unlimited events if you like it.

MyRideTrac logs your miles/kilometres in the background but uses a convenient pull-down widget to let you control how to tag those miles/kilometres, in real-time, as RIDER, NO RIDER or PERSONAL. You start saving from day 1 by accurately tracking all your deduction eligible miles/kilometres and expenses.

YOU ARE IN CONTROL
MyRideTrac is not passive. It gives you active control when you start and stop a ride. It also lets you track your RIDER and NORIDER (empty) mileage. That's important because the rideshare companies only report the distance you drive with a RIDER in your vehicle! I start tracking RIDER mileage/kilometres when I accept a ride, not when the rider gets into my vehicle. This helps me understand my costs.

You change your event status as you go, using the handy pull-down menu, so you never have to leave your rideshare app and there is no additional categorization work or corrections to make at the end of the day. You did all of the work while… you were working. EASY!

TURN YOUR MILES/KILOMETRES INTO A TAX DEDUCTION
The 2016 IRS US deduction rate is 54c per qualifying mile or expenses, whichever is greater. In the UK it’s 45p for the 1st 10,000 miles and 25p afterwards or expenses. In Canada, it looks like it is expenses. But, don’t worry, MyRideTrac has your back. It keeps track of all of your expenses and creates a handy log that includes odometer readings.

Don't miss out on deductions by reporting only when you have a RIDER in your vehicle. You are entitled to deduct the miles/kilometres you drive in-between! And that adds up!

** You set the deduction rate per mile/kilometre in the SETTINGS Screen. MyRideTrac now supports all tax systems that allow you a simple deduction based on distance or expenses.

REPORT WHEN YOU WANT
Send yourself an email with a handy summary and a detailed CSV file that loads into popular spreadsheet apps. Or, view the last 30 days of your trips on the screen all at once, not one at a time with a summary of your miles/kilometres and fuel purchases.

MyRideTrac LETS YOU TRACK THE MILES/KILOMITRES YOU DRIVE:
- To get to your passenger (NORIDER)
- With a passenger (RIDER)
- In-between rides/alerts (NORIDER)
- To get fuel or repairs (NORIDER)
- For personal errands (PERSONAL)
and
- You can pause tracking and reduce battery consumption without exiting MyRideTrac (STOP)

TRACK YOUR EXPENSES
- fuel purchases
- All OTHER expenses - **NEW
Wash, Lease, Repairs, Tires, Insurance, Toll & Miscellaneous costs too!

20 FREE EVENTS EVERY MONTH
Trac up to 20 events (RIDER/NORIDER/GAS...) for free every month. Upgrade to unlimited events for only $.99 per month!

AFFORDABLE IN-APP UPGRADES ADD CONVENIENCE
*** Add the Pit Stop button
Need to make a pit stop fast!!! Let MyRideTrac find the nearest fast food or gas station for you - all with the push of one button.

*** Unlimited Events
For the serious rideshare driver. maximize your convenience and deductions by adding unlimited events for $0.99/month. Tools to help you track your business expenses are tax deductible.

** MyRideTrac is a tax deductible expense because you use it to prepare your taxes

Here is a link to the AppStore page an overview video on YouTube and MyRideTrac.com

My goal is to make this app as simple and useful as possible. Please share your stories on how it is working for you. MyRideTrac is in continual improvement mode and your input helps make it a better tool for all RideShare drivers.

MenuWidget.png

MapitWide.png

Metric_1334x525.png

SendReport.png

PitStopWide.png

iCloud.png

Last edited:

MattyMikey

I’m Ken, I have been driving Uber for just over a year now and I just rolled out MyRideTrac – to help rideshare drivers track their mileage. I tried many of the apps out there to track miles and expenses and they didn’t work for me as a Rideshare driver, so… I designed one on my own – just for rideshare drivers. . It’s called MyRideTrac. MyRideTrac logs your miles and gas purchases in the background (an all expense tracking version is in the works) and uses a convenient pull-down widget to let you control how to tag those miles as RIDER, NORIDER or PERSONAL, in real-time. See your savings immediately by accurately tracking all your deduction eligible miles.

MyRideTrac works with all rideshare apps. However, MyRideTrac is available on iOS for iPhones/iPads right now and and an Android version is in the works. I have been using it in test mode for 4 months and I just rolled it out on the Apple app store. It is free to try (20 free events per month) and just $.99/month for unlimited events if you like it.

YOU ARE IN CONTROL
MyRideTrac is not passive. It gives you active control when to start and stop a ride. Rideshare companies only report the miles you drive with a RIDER in your vehicle! I start tracking RIDER mileage when I accept a ride, not when the rider gets into my vehicle. This helps me understand my costs because getting TO the Rider is part of each trip. I also like tracking my NORIDER miles to see how much I am driving empty.

You change your event status as you go, using a widget that you install in the pull-down menu, so you never have to leave your RideShare app and there is no additional categorization work or corrections to make at the end of the day.

TURN YOUR MILES INTO AN IRS DEDUCTION

The 2016 IRS deduction rate is 54c per qualifying mile. Don't miss out on deductions by reporting only when you have a RIDER in your vehicle. You are entitled to deduct the miles you drive in-between! And that adds up!

I understand there is a need for a metric version. I have spec’d it out and it is in the works.

I am in active development and look forward to Feedback and Input!

FEATURES:
- Categorize your miles. YOU ARE IN CONTROL
- Handy pull-down Widget - never leave your RideShare app.
- Visualize the last 30 days with MapIT!
- Auto Calculates your potential Deduction
- STOP GPS tracking, reduce battery use with STOP button without having to kill the app.
- SEND a Summary and Detail CSV report (for the tax man) to yourself in email
- LOG your GAS and track your expenses
- iCLOUD BACKUP- lose your phone? - don't lose your data!
- Online Help with Videos
- Send direct feedback to MyRideTrac designers
- Handy add-in purchases
* PitStops - need a bathroom! Find a pit stop fast! with one button
* Unlimited events - for the pro RideShare driver.

MyRideTrac LETS YOU TRACK THE MILES YOU DRIVE:
- To get to your passenger (RIDER or NORIDER)
- With a passenger (RIDER)
- In-between rides/alerts (NORIDER)
- To get fuel or repairs (NORIDER)
- For personal errands (PERSONAL)
and
- You can pause tracking without exiting MyRideTrac (STOP)

Here is a link to the AppStore page an overview video on YouTube and MyRideTrac.com

My goal is to make this app as simple and useful as possible. Please share your stories on how it is working for you. MyRideTrac is in continual improvement mode and your input helps make it a better tool for all RideShare drivers.
Does it track the times and not just the mileage? I don't think it does. If it does (or when it does) would love to purchase it. Especially if you could add your fares.

MyRideTrac

Past Sponsor
It logs start time and stop time for each event (RIDER, NORIDER, PERSONAL). These are sent in the spreadsheet that you can send at any time.

Thanks for the question.

Ken

MattyMikey

Purchased it. Can you get the report to add the total minutes/hours in each category and preferably on a daily basis? If not just don't show the start and stop times but have a column giving the total minutes. That way excel can calculate if needed. Thanks again!

MyRideTrac

Past Sponsor
Thanks. I just finished a trip to Ann Arbor MI to demo MRT. Had a great time, and received lots of compliments. I look forward to continuing to make MyRideTrac even more functional.

avguste

I like it, however it seems that the "Log Gas" is not working. I tried to input my fill up, but it didnt save.

MyRideTrac

Past Sponsor
The app requires you to complete the odometer, date, gallons and cost before recording. The RECORD button should change to RECORDED once it is saved. Here is a link to a short video on Logging a Fuel Purchase.

Please let me know if this helped. If not, send me a note at [email protected] with a phone number where I can reach you (and a good time/date) and I will give you a ring.

Ken

MyRideTrac

Past Sponsor
Yes. we have several releases being planned as well as an Android version. Next up is the ability to enter ALL of your expenses (tires, maintenance, etc) and edit those expenses.

Thanks for asking and if you have suggestions on what you would like to see are questions on how to use the app, we'd be happy to answer!

Best,
Ken

MattyMikey

Yes. we have several releases being planned as well as an Android version. Next up is the ability to enter ALL of your expenses (tires, maintenance, etc) and edit those expenses.

Thanks for asking and if you have suggestions on what you would like to see are questions on how to use the app, we'd be happy to answer!

Best,
Ken
Is that the only enhancement being made with next release about expenses? I hope there is more.

MattyMikey

Also can you make in the options to have the default setting be changed? It automatically defaults to NO RIDER and would be better for me to have it be PERSONAL. Thanks! :wink:

FAC

By chance is there an option to track medical miles? I use everlance because i track U/L miles; personal miles; and medical miles ($0.19). I track all my expenses too and end of year determine whether the standard miles deduction is better than actuals. Especially since I have a car that requires mid-grade to premium gas.

I would love to support a fellow driver if it tracks medical too.

MyRideTrac

Past Sponsor
Great suggestion! I have a feature designed that may work for this use but I am still in the design stage. Any suggestions you have are appreciated and will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.