My worst trip - deserved 1 star

Kaune

I don't understand how these people miss there flights your supposed to be there with tons of time to spare the check in and whatnot...messing up the route should not be the make or break on making a flight. If he was being irate just drop him at the cargo area and say just walk to the other side lmao

Deoxlar

I don't understand how these people miss there flights your supposed to be there with tons of time to spare the check in and whatnot...messing up the route should not be the make or break on making a flight. If he was being irate just drop him at the cargo area and say just walk to the other side lmao
70+ minutes to the airport could be a factor in people missing their flight

Myxx

Picked up a guy in DT, destination YYZ. I thought I was lucky until we got in a traffic on University. Spent about 40 minutes just to get to Gardiner. The guy was calm enough, talking on cell phone all the way. I followed the Google Maps and it took me to some parking lot in Pearson. The pax was very frustrated and asked where I took him. I explained that I followed the GPS and it was the destination which he requested. He needed actually Terminal 1. I entered it in Google Maps and it showed 35 minutes from this f....ing parking!!!!! The guy missed his flight and was ordering tickets on the next flight on our way. It was the worst experience I ever had.

Anyway I got paid 50$ for this trip)))
Do you know what is at the airport?? TERMINALS!! So why wouldn't you confirm with your PAX which terminal? 40 Minutes to get to the Gardiner from DT???

Deoxlar

Do you know what is at the airport?? TERMINALS!! So why wouldn't you confirm with your PAX which terminal? 40 Minutes to get to the Gardiner from DT???

Lol nice comic strip. Everytime I get a Pearson international airport destination , I'm thinking to myself. There's a newb taking a Pax to the wrong location.

I took uber to airport before they allowed me to write in terminals but as soon as I got into the car, I told the driver. He drove me with his phone off and uber charged me a straight line from my house to the airport. 18$ ride from yonge and bloor to Pearson!

Ghostface

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I came to Canada 6 months ago and started doing Uber part time one month ago. Do you expect me to be an expert in navigation and routes??? are you serious? I'm driving 10-15 hours per week.

Did you read at all what I've written before? I knew it was Terminal one and I definitely know how to get there. I followed the GPS because I thought it gave me alternative route due to some road problems.

Harry70

I came to Canada 6 months ago and started doing Uber part time one month ago. Do you expect me to be an expert in navigation and routes??? are you serious? I'm driving 10-15 hours per week.

Did you read at all what I've written before? I knew it was Terminal one and I definitely know now to get there. I followed the GPS because I thought it gave me alternative route due to some road problems.
Everybody do it once,don't take it to heart, cheers

Poja

Sorry buddy, u must be a new driver , got into same shit my first month as uber driver since then I put terminal 1 or 3 in GPS and still keep my eyes on the road signs while going to the airport . 1 star rating is a good deal for u, in my case (uber) deducted

Sam22

It did happen to me during my 3rd day driving Uber. Always ask for what terminal they are going to

i_k

I asked him where he needs to go and he said Air Canada so I knew he needs Terminal 1 and I knew how to get there. I followed this damn GPS because I thought that there was a traffic jam ahead or road repair.
Don't worry about it you live and learn. My gps almost always tells me to take claringview when I'm headed west, I always ignore it and take 409.
The more you drive the more familiar you'll get, don't let it discourage you.

Deoxlar

If it's happening to so many drivers then it's not a driver issue. It's an uber issue. Tell them to ask terminal and arrival/departure / car rental when someone orders an uber. If they can do it when you order from the airport, they can easily do it going there too.

DollarStoreChauffeur

If you don't know how to get to the right part of the airport yet, just pull up the airport destination in Google maps and then scroll down and choose from the arrivals, departures, rental car place, whatever, listed below. Then the GPS will take you directly there.

DollarStoreChauffeur

If it's happening to so many drivers then it's not a driver issue. It's an uber issue. Tell them to ask terminal and arrival/departure / car rental when someone orders an uber. If they can do it when you order from the airport, they can easily do it going there too.
The Uber app is stupid. People are dumb and careless. If pax has luggalge always make sure you've got the right destination. If they don't have luggage, and don't point out they're going to the airport, that's their fault.

I suppose you can check every pax to assure the right destination is in, but that may irk some.

Mavros89

I only use GPS until I hit the 409 so I can see what traffic is like along the route. This never happned to me as a noob as you I used common sense and asked the pax which terminal or which airline.

Myxx

Did you read at all what I've written before? I knew it was Terminal one and I definitely know how to get there. I followed the GPS because I thought it gave me alternative route due to some road problems.
If you're gonna follow the GPS all the time , you better carry a lifejacket...

Judgeetox

Seriously. Almost anywhere you go in the world has signs pointing you to the airport. Pictures even. Once you get close to an airport there's no need to use a GPS.

Ghostface

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you're messing up this badly all the time then this job is NOT for you. Go work in a factory somewhere.
I told you about my worst trip. From little bit more than one hundred trips I have 80 5* and about 10 comments. That's not bad for a newbee.

But I agree. The job that requires only drivers lisence is definitely not for me. Or maybe you think I got 2 Masters degrees to be a driver? That's nothing more than fun for me and some extra cash in my pocket.

evad77

I'm sorry but if you ask the rider which terminal or airline they're flying with and you have to use gps to get to the airport you really shouldn't be driving uber

biozon

I don't really understand what coming to Canada has anything to do with being able to navigate easily. I started driving with Uber in November 2014 and in about a month I already had no issue in navigating. Most of the time GPS is your friend. In some cases you need to know the realia of Downtown - tricks that can save you time and effort. But generally, if you are able to follow GPS, you are good.