My Uber/Lyft car sideswiped at body shop

NtroP

So my Prius was getting a tire repaired overnight at a tire place. Just got a call it was finished but somebody sideswiped it coming into the lot. I told the repair person not to take pictures where the trade dressing could be seen. A police report is being made up right now.

For insurance, I know to take my trade dress off & remove my phone mount. But... NOW WHAT!?

NtroP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Right front pax side. Broken light, bumper, side. Haven't seen how bad yet. Need to wait for roommate to get home to go see it.

KiaScott

I would think the body shop's insurance should cover this. No? No reason to get your personal insurance company involved.

NtroP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It happened at a (flaming rock) I dunno what THEY can do. Otherwise, yeah, other driver. I was 4 miles away when it happened. As far as their shop, on their lot, is there any recourse?

djede

my wifes car was recently hit by someone backing out of a parking space. They traded information and got a police report. The other lady told my wife she was going to talk to her husband to see how to proceed. At first, they were going to pay us out of pocket for repairs. They decided to run it through their insurance. I contacted their insurance company and opened a claim. I scheduled a day to take the car in for repairs and they supplied a rental car. I should be getting my car back tomorrow and no cost to us. Note: I did contact my insurance and let them know of the situation, but that I did not want to open a claim with them. The only need to open a claim with my insurance company would be if the other insurance does not pay for the damages.

Basically, The other drivers insurance should cover your damages and a rental car. However, during that time you have a rental, you will not be able to Uber/Lyft with the rental car.

djede

asking for lost earnings is opening a can of worms. You don't want your insurance company to find out where your earnings are coming from.