• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

My surefire way to get more riders

Prism

For the past few weeks, I’ve been trying a new tactic. I used to drive around and look for Uber to send me a trip. Now because of the “ bend over “ gas prices, not to mention the lack of insurance here in phase 1 of a trip I’ve been trying something that works probably 8 out of 10 times.

When trying to find a few more trips to complete at the end of my morning, I simply head towards home! Did it again this morning and despite the “ opportunity nearby - more demand than usual “ from Uber, no new trips showing up. Using the fact that sometimes Uber will do almost anything to keep you on the road, literally 4 blocks from home a ride pops up. It was a great way to end the morning. Pickup probably 20 miles away and drop off at the airport - another 20 miles. It was the most profitable trip all morning.

Try it - it may work where you drive too!

occupant

They know when you go home because they know where you live. They know when you decide to stop for fuel, have a lunch break, smoke break, car wash, vacuum, whatever. And they send you a trip to keep you from doing whatever else it is you want to do. Your choice to decline or do it. Do it, make money. Decline, get to do what you want. Freedom is an illusion. Uber on.

Prism

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You’re right. When I do any/all of those other things I’m always offline on the app. They can’t tell where you go with the app off right?
Only when I’m looking for a couple more trips do I keep the app going and head home and almost every time I can pick up those trips.

Cheers!

Ive been trying a new tactic as well. When I drop off passengers in high traffic areas like malls, train stations places like that. I just stay in the location with my uber light on. You wouldnt believe how many people ask for rides, all cash calls too! I wont tell you my spots, but i have been killin it!

Prism

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’ll try that Torelli! Any time you can squeeze a little more gas money while you’re out is worth the price of admission. Thanks,