• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

My rider rating has steadily dropped from 4.96 to 4.91, and not sure why

Delilah5

who even cares about a rating, like it will affect your weekly pay
Post automatically merged:

Unless you have over 500 rider trips, it I'll drop more than .01 for a 1 star.

10. What do do discounts have to with anything?

8. Drivers lie. Most hate short trips.

No mention of tipping. Lol. And if you do (no mention, so maybe you don't) then if it's not cash, it won't help your rating.

That's because a $1 tip is cheap as hell and you know it, which is why it's awkward.

Super short trips are much better than super long trips. Because there is a minimum. and no dead time/miles getting back into a busy area.

Hi, for over a year my rider rating has been about 4.96 but in the past month it has steadily gone down to 4.91. That means I've received at least 5 non-5 star ratings in the past month.

I don't think I am doing anything different than before. I:
  1. never keep drivers waiting
  2. always politely greet and say goodbye
  3. try to get a sense of whether the driver prefers to have a conversation and if so I'm responsive (I'd usually be quiet otherwise, except for maybe an occasional innocuous comment or two)
  4. if not, I will usually start using my phone (never any music or even conversations and I take off my headphones)
  5. may take an Uber to the gym but never one back as I might be sweaty
  6. don't eat or drink or bring hot food in the car
  7. if going to the gym I do bring my gym bag
  8. use Uber for v short rides as well, like 4 or 5 minutes, and have explicitly asked drivers if like or dislike such short rides and the ones I've asked all said they like them
  9. don't slam doors
  10. have been getting $4 dollar Uber discounts on every ride for about a month and also very often in the past year
So what am I doing wrong? (i now have the same rating as my girlfriend and I can't stand it!)

Thanks for any suggestions

I went from 4.97 to 4.92, 12400 trips here

zoobadger

It's BO man nobody wants to tell you to your face, I smelled it as soon as I opened the thread. You are doomed for life with bad BO.

Seriously from reading some of the driver threads around here rating you low because of possibly short trips helps them later decided if they want to accept your ping in the first place. Welcome to the ANT vs PAX wars.
Most of the time I truly don't mind short trips as long as it's a reasonable drive to the pickup point. That said, if every short ride include a $1.50 tip that would add up quite a bit. With tipping, a trivial amount for the customer is fairly meaningless, but can really add up for the server/driver. I wish people understood that.

Krandor

Only for *very* short rides would i tip only $1.
That is too low. I am a rider myself but I know that drivers don't get paid a lot for shirt rides especially when counting in the time to get you.

I normally use Uber to get my local bar. Only about 2-3 miles. $7 trip. I tip then $5 in the app while the ride is in progress. They are doing me a favor by helping me avoid the possibility of a DUI so they deserve to be compensated.

Queen Texas

Right on. If it is a short trip (under 2 miles) then you need to tip at least $3 for the driver to make over $5 on the trip. So if you don't tip that the driver may not like you very much. If you tip at least $1 that might be enough to placate the driver also. It depends. But everyone ought to be tipping at least $1.

In fact I'm just going to tell you:

If your trip is under 3 miles and you don't tip we basically HATE you. Even if it looks like we like you. We don't. I know if I get a regular rider like this who always takes short trips without tipping I will purposely try to avoid their future pings and even cancel when I still get them.

It's not that I am mean or greedy. It's that I am getting paid $2.50-$3.00 on the ride and that means I make no money on that trip. I basically drove you for FREE!

If you are only paying $5 for the ride then that means the driver is probably getting $2.50 or less. Your tip is what makes the ride acceptable again. Otherwise your driver made $0 from your trip and may have even lost money. Would you work for free?

THANK YOU.

IR12

Hi, for over a year my rider rating has been about 4.96 but in the past month it has steadily gone down to 4.91. That means I've received at least 5 non-5 star ratings in the past month.

I don't think I am doing anything different than before. I:
  1. never keep drivers waiting
  2. always politely greet and say goodbye
  3. try to get a sense of whether the driver prefers to have a conversation and if so I'm responsive (I'd usually be quiet otherwise, except for maybe an occasional innocuous comment or two)
  4. if not, I will usually start using my phone (never any music or even conversations and I take off my headphones)
  5. may take an Uber to the gym but never one back as I might be sweaty
  6. don't eat or drink or bring hot food in the car
  7. if going to the gym I do bring my gym bag
  8. use Uber for v short rides as well, like 4 or 5 minutes, and have explicitly asked drivers if like or dislike such short rides and the ones I've asked all said they like them
  9. don't slam doors
  10. have been getting $4 dollar Uber discounts on every ride for about a month and also very often in the past year
So what am I doing wrong? (i now have the same rating as my girlfriend and I can't stand it!)

Thanks for any suggestions
Here's some REAL talk.
Your #10?
After seeing that, my attitude is so what. The only way, Uber can give you a $4.00 discount ON EVERY RIDE is to TAKE IT FROM DRIVERS.
Wrap your 4.91 brain around THAT.

PaxiCab

Really not worth it to worry about your rating unless it drops to around 4.7/4.6. Seriously, once you stop worrying about it it will go up. For everyone it fluctuates, people still want rides no matter what