My response to the latest recruiter that called me:

lakersfan1

Thanks for the follow up, Jana. For your future advancement, you can look to Master's degrees outside of the South, where they know how to use computer systems and schedule interviews on-time like professionals. As a former recruiter and holder of two degrees in Human Resources disgusting. I found your lack of professionalism common across many recruiters in all fields. By-the-way not identifying my call-in number and making me wait for your call for nearly an hour ever though you certifified my phone number by e-mail was atrotious. You are not doing anybody a "favor" in hiring them. You should revere all qualified recruits willing to interview with you. You are not a GOD, you are a representative of your company. In representing your company, you have only proven to be an inept hick who can't even master email. How you managed to get hired at a superior company in the HRIS industry is beyond me. As someone who has killed 100's of Taliban trash in war, I wonder how HR trash was able to progate in the U.S. while I was dedidicating my life to my country.
You are not special. You are not even average. Please give your life while real Americans with real degrees from real Universities are in the pipelines. I'm sure there are plenty of handguns in Alabama.
True Regards,
Sgt. Jason Plastow. U.S. Army.

This @@@@@ confirmed my call in number the week before, didn't call me on time, told me she didn't have my number. I told her to check her outgoing email from Friday. Surprise! @@@@@ had my number, and she was still cold as hell. @@@@@, you graduated with a bachelor's from a school lower ranking from a school I got a Master's. When I was a recruiter, I was polite to EVERYBODY. This @@@@@ was boogie to me when she was late? Go @@@@ yourself!

Fubernuber

Thanks for the follow up, Jana. For your future advancement, you can look to Master's degrees outside of the South, where they know how to use computer systems and schedule interviews on-time like professionals. As a former recruiter and holder of two degrees in Human Resources disgusting. I found your lack of professionalism common across many recruiters in all fields. By-the-way not identifying my call-in number and making me wait for your call for nearly an hour ever though you certifified my phone number by e-mail was atrotious. You are not doing anybody a "favor" in hiring them. You should revere all qualified recruits willing to interview with you. You are not a GOD, you are a representative of your company. In representing your company, you have only proven to be an inept hick who can't even master email. How you managed to get hired at a superior company in the HRIS industry is beyond me. As someone who has killed 100's of Taliban trash in war, I wonder how HR trash was able to progate in the U.S. while I was dedidicating my life to my country.
You are not special. You are not even average. Please give your life while real Americans with real degrees from real Universities are in the pipelines. I'm sure there are plenty of handguns in Alabama.
True Regards,
Sgt. Jason Plastow. U.S. Army.

This ***** confirmed my call in number the week before, didn't call me on time, told me she didn't have my number. I told her to check her outgoing email from Friday. Surprise! ***** had my number, and she was still cold as hell. *****, you graduated with a bachelor's from a school lower ranking from a school I got a Master's. When I was a recruiter, I was polite to EVERYBODY. This ***** was boogie to me when she was late? Go &%[email protected]!* yourself!
A recruiter is a headhunter. The types of people engaged in the trade are different but if you wanted to find very clever criminals or the completely inept look no further than a head hunter. Some of the smartest criminals i have met are headhunters. Some of the most morally bankrupt people also. I am not stereotyping or generalizing. I think sites like ziprecruiter are eating their lunch particularly those who have no specialities

isosconfig

May I add more? It must be frustrating when you get a breeze of change and have that poof on you. Yet, we are nation at full employment. You will get out. This, too, will pass.

lakersfan1

A recruiter is a headhunter. The types of people engaged in the trade are different but if you wanted to find very clever criminals or the completely inept look no further than a head hunter. Some of the smartest criminals i have met are headhunters. Some of the most morally bankrupt people also. I am not stereotyping or generalizing. I think sites like ziprecruiter are eating their lunch particularly those who have no specialities
This was an internal recruiter, and I was referred by a former co-worker. Head-hunters are outside recrtuiters. I've done recruiting in my early days, and always treated my interviews with respect and empathy, and thanked them for their time. This recruiter did not even apologize for making me wait 40 minutes for her call. Then after the call, I was made 100% aware that I wasn't going to be considered for the job by her context drops. @@@@@! I've been in HR long enough to know what you are dropping. Just remember, I didn't call you ... YOU CALLED ME! Go back to Alabama, you Basic B!tch.

lakersfan1

Just I'm fine as hell driving, former coworker refers me to her company, recruiter treats me like garbage, doesn't apologize for wasting my time and screwing up the appointment, rushes through the interview because SHE'S 40 minutes late, acts like God's gift even though I'm more qualified to do her job, then makes it clear she's not interested. @@@@@. If I wasn't qualified, I wouldn't be recommended by an internal employee who worked with me, and my credentials wouldn't be better than your even though you been working the same job title 15 years. Wonder why you never made manager? You basic.

Mapnik

The reality is that there is no skills shortage in the economy - evidence of that is how goddamn picky these companies are. Somebody with a college degree in anything could be taught to do practically any "skilled" job with a relatively short period of training. So if there was actual, real, honest-to-goodness labor demand for "skilled" workers, industries would be *pulling people in, not trying to screen people out and worrying about "culture fit" and all that sort of groupthink bullshit.

I don't talk to recruiters any more - I had one that lamented my being "out of the workforce" these past two years.... really? So the 70 hours a week I do this has no value, whereas if I had an office job surfing the web all day that would qualify, simply because there's a "supervisor" to call? It's all a @@@@ing joke - the jobless recovery rages onward, with headline UE at sub-5% but underemployment in the 20-30% range...

And when people who somehow manage to land a semi-decent job start talking about their "skills", which supposedly "add value" in the economy... what skills? Microsoft Office? Because you can format a Word document and insert pictures to go with your meaningless narrative? You can make a powerpoint presentation? That makes you a "professional"? Mmkay. But 6000+ safe-trips in Chicago, dealing with the entire range of characters, let alone the traffic, and that's being "out of the workforce?" Right... Well, there's a few people out there that will call your bluff and say that you didn't get your job because of your skills, but rather for any number of other reasons that have nothing to do with your actual ability. And that's why there's a crisis of authority in this country, because the vast majority don't believe that those who have the upper hand actually deserve the positions/rewards they get. OK, professionals, do you still need help figuring out why Donald Trump is your president?

Last edited: