My ratings system. It's tough but fair

Jake Air

I wish drivers would stop handing out so many 5's.
I have friends who tell me they give 5's to anyone who behaves.
I've lost track of the number of people who get in my car with a 5.0 rating, and I can tell the minute they get in that they don't deserve a perfect rating.
So....

5 stars -- Anyone who tips any amount will get 5 stars. Students and elderly people who are generally exempt because I get it.
4 stars -- Anyone who does not tip (even on short trips when they should actually tip more since they're wasting my time) gets downgraded to a 4.
3 stars -- Anyone who irritates me, displays any signs of misbehavior, or makes me feels uncomfortable in any way .. it was nice knowing you!
2 stars -- Don't hand out 2 stars. No point
1 star -- Anyone who I catch trying to pull a scam, anyone who pukes, anyone who smells, anyone who is the worst of the worst...good job earning the lowest star possible!

Svoloch

For the newbies the system is easy - Tippers (proper, not $1-2 on $25-30 rides) and 100%+PT get 5star, the rest get 1star. P.S. Lyft manipulates pax ratings on ping.

dctcmn

If someone adds a stop after they're in my car and I don't think I can weasel out of the stop without drama, they're getting a 1*-- unless they cash tip an appropriate amount upfront.

Wait time is 19.5 cents/minute in my market and that's not gonna cut it. When I have a passenger in the car, I need to be making $40-50/hr+ to make up for empty time and miles. It's not necessarily the passengers' fault, because they don't know any better. I still don't want them in my car again and I want to let other drivers know that they're a time waster.

Jake Air

Oh thanks, then 1s and 5s. Tip or be punished!!!!!
And for Lyft, anything less than a 4 means that if you give a 3 or below, that passenger will never be matched with you again. At least, that's what Lyft tells us.
Post automatically merged:

It's good to see other drivers are also strict with their ratings.
See this is the problem as declineathon apparently says Uber does its ratings (I don't drive for Uber). Giving everyone 5's because drivers are worried about retaliation. It's like blackmail and there's no way every PAX is a perfect 5.0 ride. There's no way.
I shouldn't be able to access a passenger's rating and they shouldn't be able to access what I give them.
Lyft sends a weekly report showing my star count for the week. I think that's all I need.

For the newbies the system is easy - Tippers (proper, not $1-2 on $25-30 rides) and 100%+PT get 5star, the rest get 1star. P.S. Lyft manipulates pax ratings on ping.
Oh there's a lot of manipulation. Can anyone say fake Prime Time maps. But my friends who drive for Uber say the surge maps are also fake and annoying.

Last edited:

Svoloch

And for Lyft, anything less than a 4 means that if you give a 3 or below, that passenger will never be matched with you again. At least, that's what Lyft tells us.

It's good to see other drivers are also strict with their ratings.
See this is the problem as declineathon apparently says Uber does its ratings (I don't drive for Uber). Giving everyone 5's because drivers are worried about retaliation. It's like blackmail and there's no way every PAX is a perfect 5.0 ride. There's no way.
I shouldn't be able to access a passenger's rating and they shouldn't be able to access what I give them.
Lyft sends a weekly report showing my star count for the week. I think that's all I need.

Oh there's a lot of manipulation. Can anyone say fake Prime Time maps. But my friends who drive for Uber say the surge maps are also fake and annoying.
Whole app is manipulation yes. There is no such thing as “fake surge” - it’s a visual representation, the ping itself is most important part. Lyft representation of riders rating on that ping is bs.