• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

My rating went to sheet this past 30 days

CDP

Every night I get 1 star ratings and then random messages...

- Pickup complaints (that were never voiced)
- Comfort complaints (that were never voiced)
- Topic of conversation complaints (never voiced)

I feel this is all in retaliation for surge pricing. As well, I've begun to really not care. My rating went from 4.95 to 4.88 in 1 month. The only variable is that I have picked up a lit if younger people who had to pay surge.

UBER gives me no ratings protection, and I feel the ratings are in retaliation for surge pricing. UBER will not tell me anything but that "it doesn't matter, that my rating is fine. But, it keeps going down.

I feel it is young people that do this to me, for fun. This past week I have had 5 passengers start a fight with me before a ride, that I never took

UBER is letting then complain now. This while thing has my head spinning. Its just shit show. There is nothing good about this.

Well, yestersay evening, I explained to UBER that this was rideshare. Im not their passengers damned chauffer! That i dont owe them water, or a charging chord or shit! If I am going to care, its because I feel respected.

I hate UBER. I'll never be my old self again after this. I literally hate people these days.

Attachments

240BIGWINO

I feel this is all in retaliation for surge pricing. As well, I've begun to really not care. My rating went from 4.95 to 4.88 in 1 month. The only variable is that I have picked up a lit if younger people who had to pay surge.

UBER gives me no ratings protection, and I feel the ratings are in retaliation for surge pricing. UBER will not tell me anything but that "it doesn't matter, that my rating is fine. But, it keeps going down.

I feel it is young people that do this to me, for fun. This past week I have had 5 passengers start a fight with me before a ride, that I never took

UBER is letting then complain now. This while thing has my head spinning. Its just shit show. There is nothing good about this.

Well, yestersay evening, I explained to UBER that this was rideshare. Im not their passengers damned chauffer! That i dont owe them water, or a charging chord or shit! If I am going to care, its because I feel respected.

I hate UBER. I'll never be my old self again after this. I literally hate people these days.
Love the anger!

Seriously, bro sometimes you just get a batch of aholes trying to take advantage of Uber's system back to back. Don't sweat it or think about it if you just drive like you did when you were a 4.95 you will be a 4.95 again.

In Washington DC none of the grocers, restaurteurs or gas stations accept stars for payment. Unless it's different where you are, ignore it.

JasonLV23

You definitely need 2-3 days off. It really helps to get away from these Paxholes for a few days to recharge your batteries. The same has happened to me repeatedly over the past 3 years. I will be up to a 4.96 then it goes down to a 4.88 and it takes forever to crawl back up. Uber has taught these riders to feel privileged... it will never change... it will only get worse. I disagree with Uber when they say don't be bothered that your rating dropped because I find that when it's very high it has a psychological effect on mature riders and tips are much higher in relation to the high rating... BUT some of these self-entitled brats will see your high rating and purposely give you a low rating to be a jerk. Other specific races are notorious for this in all service industries... no tip and constant complaints... how to protect your rating???? Simple... don't give rides to those who you sense are garbage!

Last edited:

Wildgoose

Right.. There is no reason that we are to giving them highly service. Do Uber expect us to even give foot massage to the riders?
If Uber wants us to fulfill rider's requirements, I believe that Uber should provide Charging cables, Aux Cords, Fees for water bottle, etc. If the riders are safely transported from point A to point B in a nice clean comfortable cars without extra delay time , our job should be taken as excellent. Uber is way asking too much from drivers.

dnlbaboof

my rating is going down as well, and most of the time there is no reason given. So they probably click other, meaning its total nonsense. these pax dont realize they are getting a ride 1/5 the price of taxi from many people who had to take this job out of some unfortunate circumstances. its ok not to tip, that doesnt bother me but having to deal with bogus complaints is garbage.

MiamiKid

Have been with Uber four years, 6,000 rides. Currently a 4.87. Can never get above 4.88. I receive these same nasty messages, from Uber, every week.

Uber needs to do more about this. Pax, primarily do this to get free rides or credits. 90% are totally bogus and Uber knows it. Like you, I no longer care. However, I am getting much stricter with passengers without regard to ratings. The less I worry about it, the less stressful it is.

DoItNow

Yeah I’ve noticed many more entitled passengers in the last couple weeks . Their affairs or lower we get paid lower yet they demand even more and more from drivers.

Just going to get worse, people think they own us and our cars. It’s too bad. I don’t mind the job at hand, but when we have to entertain and let people trash our cars for $2.40 minimum... just going to get worse I’m wondering...

Also I do ubereats sometimes to stay in area plus it’s busy for it, but now more demand I deliver to door and don’t tip. Uber says now we have to if they command. So much for curb service as stated initially... have to do more for less, fine by me if people want their food cold... keep my insulated bag and car smelling normal.

I guess they don’t get how much we get paid... or they do and know that they can treat low paid workers like crap. Funny higher income people show more respect... and demand little. They are ok with how little they pay for the conscience... they reliZe they aren’t buying an experience.

Last edited:

DriverMark

No, but I've got 1 I'm ordering from Amazon.
Vantrue N2 Pro .... the Pro has infrared in the cabin if you do driving at night. Newegg just had it on sale over the weekend. Might come up on sale again at some point on Amazon or Newegg.

The standard Vantrue N2 is cheaper, but no infrared in cabin. Make sure you get the right one you want/need.

amazinghl

I have a dash cam.
I wanted to submit dash cam video to prove a complaint was a scam.
Uber couldn't have cared less.
Having a camera isn't for Uber to review, and you're right Uber does not care.

Having a camera is for the PAX to know you will upload the video to youtube and/or for police to review should there by any questionable action done to you and/or your vehicle. If the PAX does not agree to be recorded, cancel the ride right there for your own protection.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MarvinG Ratings 9
rubbermeetstheroad Las Vegas 4
ZenUber Lyft 4