• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

My Rating dropped from a 4.83 to 4.71 in one day.

Ozymandias

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, it is hard to resist. It sucks because I have a 4.9 with Lyft, but with Uber X I have a 4.69. I still can't get onto Driving Mode, because I need to Manage my Documents because some are invalid or expired, which they are not. After emailing several times I get canned responses that only frustrate me even more. I was doing Uber for just extra side money, God forbid if I actually needed that money, I be really pissed. What everyone says about this company is true, I guess I just needed to say it first hand

Ozymandias

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Traveling 6 blocks is so true!
It really seems like Uber is becoming the Mass Transportation of choice. Where as these people would have taken the bus before and were at the mercy of the bus schedule, now they just hail an Uber to go almost around the corner

tommyboy

The passengers make mistakes rating one ask me how to get a hold of uber because he accidentally gave an excellent ride a 1 being new I didn't know how to fix the problem.Its hard to recover from a 1 takes several 5 s I bet the customers giving low ratings have low ones themselves
Never checked customer ratings in past but might start I'd rather not pickup a perpetual complainer they can hurt us far more than the rides worth. I care about my rating and relize about 10 percent of the population is mentally ill. And that a proven statistic

MotownUberDriver

In one day my rating dropped from a 4.85 to 4.71. I don't get it!! One pax told me it was the best Uber ride he'd ever had, yet after the trip i saw that he rated me, but it wasn't a 5 star. They don't get it, that anything less than 5 is unacceptable by Uber standards. Nothing changed from how I did things to "earn" the 4.85. But because of some self entitled cheapskates who simply just don't give out 5's my rating is low now. These jerks are only paying $6-$8 for their trips anyway, and after Uber's cut my share is only $4-$6, it's not worth the hassle and aggregation for such peanuts, flexibility or not!
By the way I run Lyft as well, often at the same time, and my Lyft rating stays above 4.85. And about %50 of my Lyft pax say f*** Uber! they have had a lot of bad experiences with their drivers.
See bold section above.

Time and time again, people claim they know a certain passenger rated them poorly.

There is no way for you to know which person rated you. Just because the ride ended, and you have another rating, doesn't mean it was from that rider.

My friend took an Uber ride on New Year's Eve, and he just rated his driver the other day (beginning of March).

Passengers have the ability to rate drivers long after the ride took place. It is impossible to know who rated you.

wk1102

I recently flew round trip from New York to San Francisco .It cost me $500 and they gave me
the smallest package of peanuts I've seen in my life. Why in my right mind would I give out free snacks for a $3 ride ?
I flew to MI and they charged me 3 bucks for an 8 oz can of gingerale!

rondog2400

I offer the candy, mints, water, never get lost or take a wrong turn. I thought I was doing good with a 4.85. I don't know what I could have done to "trash " my record. I guess I won't know.
That sucks , I get pissed at these assholes who choose a pool ride and they have to wait for their turn to get dropped off and then blame us for it.

In one day my rating dropped from a 4.85 to 4.71. I don't get it!! One pax told me it was the best Uber ride he'd ever had, yet after the trip i saw that he rated me, but it wasn't a 5 star. They don't get it, that anything less than 5 is unacceptable by Uber standards. Nothing changed from how I did things to "earn" the 4.85. But because of some self entitled cheapskates who simply just don't give out 5's my rating is low now. These jerks are only paying $6-$8 for their trips anyway, and after Uber's cut my share is only $4-$6, it's not worth the hassle and aggregation for such peanuts, flexibility or not!
By the way I run Lyft as well, often at the same time, and my Lyft rating stays above 4.85. And about %50 of my Lyft pax say f*** Uber! they have had a lot of bad experiences with their drivers.
This rating system sucks. If a food editor gave a cheeseburger 4 stars everybody would want one. 4 stars is a very good cheeseburger. A 4 star driver is looking for work. I understand riders being confused. You would think a 4 star ride was a pretty god ride. I have gotten 4 stars and a tip with it.

Youburr

Some people only 5* drivers they've had before. Everyone else maxes out at 4*.
Some people only tip pizza deliverers if they've delivered there before.
Über thinks getting from point A to B can be rated either 5* (nothing to report) or 1*-4* (some entitled pax' desire was left unfulfilled). All my sub 4* ratings were from mental patients (who expect you to tighten their straight jackets and tie down straps). Psychiatric emergency? Call 911 or Ūber.
If I see as much a furled eyebrow on a pax as I pull up I will cancel and circle the wagons (trip not worth it).

Galveston

You have to ask for 5 stars tell them you’re working on a bonus

charmer37

Ubers ratings are obviously handled by a computer: There are very few people working for Uber other then Drivers, and the burnt out people who were at the Uber inspection place when they inspected my vehicle. Okay So I woke up this morning with the thought I've had for a few days now about Uber and being rated.
I drove for _____ before I loved it. I drove some of the most interesting people around in fleet vehicles. I know who my passengers were and at times even some of them treated us badly and gave us negative undeserved feedback for whatever reasons. I also received some pretty cool "tips" and " rewards" and got along with my passengers. I know where I've been, I know the work I've done in my life, drivng for Uber isn't a dream of mine, I already had an AWESOME driving job.

I also remember from that time period, and I know that at times when I had a bad day I would not be happy with the dispatcher, or whoever scheduled me for some runs that week or day. However Ubers computer is a lifeless number crunching emotionless Linux or Unix machine ( open source code BTW) machine, and I'd love to tell it what I think of it personally, but you see it wont care. So I try to not take its comments personally. I do however realize that I am working for a company making them money, while trying to make a buck or two here and there myself.

If Uber cared about its drivers and customers it would provide:
1) A call center with real people to call and get help and advice, for the customers and employees.
2) Job incentive programs that are less stick and more Carrot.
3) NOT ASKING YOU TO SIGN A CONTRACT THAT BASICALLY SAYS:" IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO YOU WHILE WORKING FOR US, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A PUBLIC TRIAL, AND HAVE TO HAVE YOUR CASE SETTLED IN ARBITRATION. (Why because a company that is about to go public, or any company doesn't want it's dirt floating around, it's bad for business. So is sending your workers negative texts and warnings.)

Without drivers Uber falls apart. 1 driver will soon be 10, 20, 100, 1000, and on.
The same for lyft, All it takes is drivers nationwide to stop driving for a week and I bet they will increase drivers rates real fast... You gotta hit these companies where it hurts and that’s in there pockets.

CDP

I offer the candy, mints, water, never get lost or take a wrong turn. I thought I was doing good with a 4.85. I don't know what I could have done to "trash " my record. I guess I won't know.
You're a POS, they're the PAXholes.

You = replaceable
PAXholes = limited

You're about as unimportant to both these companies as a pieces of feces. Yes, it's part of the body, but once shatt out, inconsequential.

25rides7daysaweek

You did not earn the 4.85. Uber gifted you a nice 5.0, for free, when you started. And how do you repay them? By trashing your average and bringing it down to a 4.71.

Please try offering mints, water, other light refreshments and/or concierge service to your passengers.
yeah fancy water too like perrier
not some of that generic stuff
from Costco in plastic bottles..

TwoFiddyMile

The ratings system is Uberlyft's biggest shell game. I watched for 3 days as I received 27 5* ratings and FINALLY my rating went from 4.83 to 4.84.
These companies give us the rating they want us to have on that day.
I have 227 5* jobs over less than 6 weeks of service. Uber doesn't want me on the UberPro platform.
And I dont want to be on it.
But that's no reason for them to game my actual rating.