• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

My passenger said she had tried to ignore a sign from God.

goneubering

I’ve had many fascinating conversations with riders from all over the US plus riders from many other countries. Recently one lady told me a very inspirational story about why she wants to learn to speak and write Swahili.

When she was young this lady had two distinctive dreams about helping children in Africa. She didn’t understand why she would have dreams like that because she was raised in Irvine. The dreams made a powerful impression on her and she remembers them to this day.

Two years ago she was trying to attend a concert in San Francisco. She arrived later than her friends but was second in line when the doors were closed due to being sold out. She was disappointed to not get in but there were other interesting options in the surrounding area. As she was deciding where to spend the next two hours the doors unexpectedly opened and they said there was one final seat available. She assumed the lady in front of her would grab it but that lady said she actually needed five tickets so she told my rider to take the last seat.

After the concert they were handing out sponsorship cards for kids who need help all over the world. My rider said she had never felt comfortable contributing to those causes because she couldn’t know for sure where the money was going.

Her friends who had gotten in to the concert were taking cards and getting children to sponsor in Asia and South America. Now here’s the amazing part!! God told her to take a card but she told God no.

Once again God told her to take a card. The second time she decided she better listen. She was shocked to see she had gotten a child in Africa!! None of her friends had drawn a card for a child from Africa. At that point she realized why she had the two earlier dreams. It was part of God’s plan preparing her for a special job.

That concert was two years ago. The young child she’s sponsoring is now four years old. She writes letters to him but her goal is to learn Swahili so she can eventually communicate directly with him instead of going through an interpreter.

This lady is an awesome person who’s dedicated to helping others. Uber has given me the opportunity to chat with some absolutely wonderful people.

LIsuberman

so - goneubering - you would like to do something nice for this lady like giving back the tip, that's Nobel of you, I would handle it a different way. Put a sign up in your car so the pax can see it - stating that 5 or 10% of riders tips will be donated to an African children's charity or any childerens charity. Mabey you will get more tips ? and in store be able to donate more, maybe you wont get more tips and realize that pax dont care about anything except getting from point A to point B cheaply. Its worth a try ! Experiment on dude !

Amsoil Uber Connect

I call it, your spirit guide. often times you better listen and act accordingly.

Dreams are from your reactive mind of past things put together. Her case could be from a past life coming forward.

It has nothing to do with God.

UberBastid

I call it, your spirit guide. often times you better listen and act accordingly.

Dreams are from your reactive mind of past things put together. Her case could be from a past life coming forward.

You believe in 'spirit guide', but not in God?
What's the difference.

Budda, Allah, Gaia, God, Spirit Guide, Shiva ... all the same entity.

goneubering

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
so - goneubering - you would like to do something nice for this lady like giving back the tip, that's Nobel of you, I would handle it a different way. Put a sign up in your car so the pax can see it - stating that 5 or 10% of riders tips will be donated to an African children's charity or any childerens charity. Mabey you will get more tips ? and in store be able to donate more, maybe you wont get more tips and realize that pax dont care about anything except getting from point A to point B cheaply. Its worth a try ! Experiment on dude !
I’m not really a sign guy but thank you for an interesting suggestion.

peteyvavs

Regardless of how she was influenced she listened and touched another human being to be a kinder human being.
Post automatically merged:

You believe in 'spirit guide', but not in God?
What's the difference.

Budda, Allah, Gaia, God, Spirit Guide, Shiva ... all the same entity.
We are all connected, we just lost our humanity somewhere along the way, all it takes is one person to wake up the world.

TXUbering

Are you trying to make fun of a lady who’s helping a poor child?
Yes, I'm making fun of a lady that thinks an imaginary all powerful being is talking to her directly to help a child, where if this entity was all powerful, it would snap its finger, tentacle, whatever, and absolve the poor children of their hardships....

If an omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient god exists, then evil does not. There is evil in the world. Therefore, an omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient god does not exist.

Just ignore this person, if you’re not a part of the solution then you’re part of the problem.
What "solution" is that, the "solution" that there is some all powerful being that will clean up after us, that we can destroy the planet, abuse the animals, abuse each other, but that if we trust in an imaginary being, it'll all take care of itself in the end? Yeah, I'm not part of THAT "solution".....

goneubering

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, I'm making fun of a lady that thinks an imaginary all powerful being is talking to her directly to help a child, where if this entity was all powerful, it would snap its finger, tentacle, whatever, and absolve the poor children of their hardships....

What "solution" is that, the "solution" that there is some all powerful being that will clean up after us, that we can destroy the planet, abuse the animals, abuse each other, but that if we trust in an imaginary being, it'll all take care of itself in the end? Yeah, I'm not part of THAT "solution".....
She said I probably wouldn’t believe her testimony but I actually do because I’m a Christian like she is. I hope someday God will change your life with a sign too.

TXUbering

She said I probably wouldn’t believe her testimony but I actually do because I’m a Christian like she is. I hope someday God will change your life with a sign too.
I've seen a lot of what is done in the name of "Christianity", and that is enough of a sign for me.