My oldest rider

Athos

He is 91. Runs the app himself. He even gave me $1. tip! He was all dressed up and was waiting at the curb.

I took him to a seniors residence from his small bungalow in north Scarborough. His wife had been there and when she died 5 years ago he kept going on Sunday mornings. He helps get people into their wheelchairs and takes them to the TV room and he helps feed them too. He says it's a shame the way people dump their old ones there then never visit.

His first job was as a telegram delivery boy using a bicycle in downtown Toronto for 25 cents an hour. I'll bet he was in WWII but I didn't think to ask. He was telling me stuff from the '40s in Toronto.

Cool old dude! It was a pleasure to meet such a gentleman.

CDNcrippler1

He is 91. Runs the app himself. He even gave me $1. tip! He was all dressed up and was waiting at the curb.

I took him to a seniors residence from his small bungalow in north Scarborough. His wife had been there and when she died 5 years ago he kept going on Sunday mornings. He helps get people into their wheelchairs and takes them to the TV room and he helps feed them too. He says it's a shame the way people dump their old ones there then never visit.

His first job was as a telegram delivery boy using a bicycle in downtown Toronto for 25 cents an hour. I'll bet he was in WWII but I didn't think to ask. He was telling me stuff from the '40s in Toronto.

The place you took him to was on the north side under a bridge and he lives in a cul du sac on the north side as well?

Athos

That's right! Did you drive him one Sunday morning? Neat guy, eh?

Anyone else got a good story of a senior senior?

uber fool

So you guys have met mkat

Last edited:

mKat

That's right! Did you drive him one Sunday morning? Neat guy, eh?

Anyone else got a good story of a senior senior?
Had an old gal chat me up, mid 90's. I usually ask seniors about their taste in music. She lists the usual suspects from the 30's and 40's and then surprises me with, "oh...and Rick Astley...I just love when Rick Astley wiggles his little butt" . Impossible not to laugh out loud.