• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

My no touch policy earned me a 1 star

My first day out driving I did like 21 rides. All 5 star rides, except for one 1 star, with no reason given. My rating shown to me on my first night was down to a 4.64.

warsaw

My first day out driving I did like 21 rides. All 5 star rides, except for one 1 star, with no reason given. My rating shown to me on my first night was down to a 4.64.
Being a new driver, sometimes pax show no mercy or consideration, so best to wait till you reach 500 trips, before you do anything drastic.
As long as you smell good, can drive safely from point A to B, there's not much more you need to adjust, except put on a fake smile once in a while.

MPD001

I am sure I see the ratings immediately. I only drive part time. So I am not doing a lot of rides (25 to 30 weekly). The few times I received a 1, I know exactly who it was. It is discouraging to me. But, I just stay focused, consider the issue and see if I need to change or learn something from it.

A lot of customers in Detroit area are playing the refund game. It is crazy. Does Uber limit the number or refunds a customer can receive?

I picked up a customer on my other app and she did tell me Uber banned her and told her she had to take a class on “Respecting Drivers”.

FLKeys

I have 756 trips and only 499 rated so far that is 66% rated. I really don't think there is a delay in the ratings I see. I have seen PAX rate me 5* and they come across pretty quick on the app. The only reason I know this is because I an not at that 500 rating mark.

Saturday night I had a mid 20 year old female fall asleep in the back seat of my car, was not sure how I was going to handle it as we were nearing her house, luckily when I turned the corner quickly into her neighborhood it jostled her enough to wake her.

On the reverse side I have had many PAX touch me, mostly females but some males. Most of the time it is a pat on the back or on the arm/shoulder during conversation among the Pax. Most of the time it starts with one of the Pax saying to the other that they are going to have me stop and toss them out. In return the PAX that touched me says oh he is a great guy he will never kick me out. Or something like that. Others are a pat on the back/shoulder followed by thanks for the recommendation(s).

Uber_Yota_916

A 1 star knocks your rating down .8 and only if it replaced a 5 star. You got two 1 star ratings.

Uber never posts bad ratings right away. They always hold them at least a few days so you pull your hair out wondering who gave it to you.
I have seen retaliation ratings moments after giving the pax a deserving one star. I do not believe Uber delays their passengers ratings of drivers. In my experience anyhow.

Lando74

A 1 star knocks your rating down .8 and only if it replaced a 5 star. You got two 1 star ratings.

Uber never posts bad ratings right away. They always hold them at least a few days so you pull your hair out wondering who gave it to you.
Both are untrue. A 1 star knocks you down .008, not .8 - if you were a perfect 5.0 with 500 ratings and you replaced one with a 1 star you'd be at 4.992.

I've received 1 star ratings immediately and I knew it was coming based on the ride. The most recent was a guy from a hotel to a grocery store .5 miles away. He set it up as a two-stop so he could shop and go back to the hotel. He said it would take about 5 minutes. After waiting for 15 min, and knowing it was surging, I ended the trip and moved on. I got the 1 star rating within a couple minutes. I've had a few similar circumstances where it shows up immidiately. Same goes for comments and badges friends have left me after rides. Shows up right away.

Working4peanuts

Both are untrue. A 1 star knocks you down .008, not .8 - if you were a perfect 5.0 with 500 ratings and you replaced one with a 1 star you'd be at 4.992.

I've received 1 star ratings immediately and I knew it was coming based on the ride. The most recent was a guy from a hotel to a grocery store .5 miles away. He set it up as a two-stop so he could shop and go back to the hotel. He said it would take about 5 minutes. After waiting for 15 min, and knowing it was surging, I ended the trip and moved on. I got the 1 star rating within a couple minutes. I've had a few similar circumstances where it shows up immidiately. Same goes for comments and badges friends have left me after rides. Shows up right away.
Seriously? You must be the only one in Earth who did not understand that I meant .008. the point was a 1 star does not knock you down 2 points.

And they do hold them back. Whatever you think it's wrong.

Lando74

Seriously? You must be the only one in Earth who did not understand that I meant .008. the point was a 1 star does not knock you down 2 points.

And they do hold them back. Whatever you think it's wrong.
Right... because when you type .8 we should just all assume you meant .008 and you're actually not bad at math. I do, however, assume you meant "the only one on Earth," not in Earth. We can add typing to the list of things you're bad at.

And no, I'm not wrong.

Working4peanuts

Right... because when you type .8 we should just all assume you meant .008 and you're actually not bad at math. I do, however, assume you meant "the only one on Earth," not in Earth. We can add typing to the list of things you're bad at.

And no, I'm not wrong.
Are you freaking 8 years old?

.8 would mean a one star would take you from let's say 5.0 to 4.2. really? You that stupid?

You are wrong. Christ. It's like explaining to trump the wall won't do anything.

Uber does NOT post pax ratings in real time. But you will still believe whatever you want. I guess that's why you're an Uber driver...

BigRedDriver

This is how we get 1 stars. Most of them are bogus. Don’t let it get you down we all get them.

Over my last 500 trips I have 4 1 Stars. That is just about 1%. So basically 99% of my riders were satisfied. Isn’t that to be expected? Why are you stressed out trying to satisfy people who can’t be satisfied?
And why we should have the right to dispute them and know who the rider was that down rated.

If we can’t, how the hell do we know that Uber isn’t simply making them up?

Lando74

Are you freaking 8 years old?

.8 would mean a one star would take you from let's say 5.0 to 4.2. really? You that stupid?

You are wrong. Christ. It's like explaining to trump the wall won't do anything.

Uber does NOT post pax ratings in real time. But you will still believe whatever you want. I guess that's why you're an Uber driver...
You’re the one who typed it, genius. And we should probably add people skills to the list of things you’re bad at. Talk about acting like an 8 year old..

But bring up Trump and get mad at other people for your own mistakes in life. I guess that’s why you’re a liberal.

Alidean

Just stay out of the news..... I've been singing it since day one. I've got five 1 stars in last 500 rides. I'm rocking a 4.87 almost since day one. Uber literally doesnt care as long as you arent a headache. Worst case they dished out to refund a ride but they didnt need to potentially lawyer up. You're good to go. Personal observation rating is drivers is trending super low lately? I mean it was always bad but I think I've only had maybe like 10 out of my last 300 rides

vladi

Seems like people outside SF forum are brainwashed with those stars!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!! THOSE STARTS AINT PAYING YOUR BILLS!!!!!!!!
YOU BEING MANIPULATED BY TOILET SEAT & LIL MOUSTASH BRO

I care. 4.85 is halfway toward deactivation. And I'm tired of these bs 1 stars. I had another 1 star for requesting a cleaning fee. And another 1 taking the pax to the wrong address which THEY provided.
I bet you also allow eating in your car, going into drive through with your pax, giving out mints and waters or even aux cable????
pshhhh relax your buttcheeks you`ll be aite!!
Just dont refuse minorities and service dogs....

RideshareSpectrum

Late night pickup from a bar. The pax is standing outside talking with his friend. He gets in I say hi and we're on our way with no issues. We arrive, I say thanks have a good night... no response. I look back, his eyes are closed, his head is slumped forward and he has ear buds in his ears. I thought maybe he's just sleeping so I say louder, you're home have a good night, no response. I screamed this probably half a dozen times in his face and he's just completely unresponsive. Finally, I said get out or I'll call for help and that's what I did, 911, 3 minutes later the ambulance and cops are there. They shake him, ask if he knows where he is and he starts insisting he's still at the bar. They took him out of the car and said I can go. Immediately, I called uber support, they transferred me to the US call center (they only do that in cases where the police were called), I specifically said this dude is probably gonna 1 star me, please block him from doing that. They said they'd note the request in my report. A few minutes later my rating tanks from 4.87 to 4.85 and a rider feedback complaint for "service quality". I messaged back and forth with uber support, and they gave me the usual, take more rides to get your rating up bs.
Dude don’t feel bad.... not to one up you but I ate a one star a few weeks ago when I ejected a rhythmically challenged drunk from my car, mistakenly ended the ride instead of cancelling it, when this dude went berserko trying to get at me. He was punching my windows full force and his gf had to tackle him to the ground to get him to stop. Reported that shit immediately to the platform and got a bunch of lip service. Woke up to a new 1star the following morning and the platform refused to remove it. I’m pretty sure they didn’t do a flippin’ thing about my complaint either.
I’ll be posting the dashcam footage one of these days.

Lythium

I don't know if driver ratings show immediately, but on the pax app, they take a week. I took numerous rides when traveling to NYC a month ago My Uber app hadn't been used in a couple of years and had about 14 rides total...I had a less than stellar rating.
After the trip...My rating started jumping up starting on the 8th day from when we left Dallas. Kept going up daily to correspond with the days of use. I expected it to go up since we were model pax...toes on the curb/black car/20%-25% cash tip, never once mentioned I was a driver...if I wasn't getting 5's, I'd be surprised. When we returned home...didn't use Uber for a couple weeks. Took 4 trips in a 2 day span and saw rating jump again...on the 8th day.

This gives me comfort knowing I can downrate a pax and not have retaliation because they likely wouldn't connect it to me since their rating won't take a hit for a week. That all said, I wonder if we, as drivers, see the results of ratings immediately or a week later, like the pax app. I just started doing Black a little over a week ago, and saw my first ratings show up yesterday. Leads me to believe it takes a week. Who knows.

In any event...it's easy to say don't worry about the occasional bs 1*, but it would drive me nuts as a matter of principle. I get the op's frustration. Still...you're still good, so try not to fret about it.
As far as I know there is a delay in the driver app as well. Before the update ratings were shown one touch from the home screen, and when you got to that screen you could see it change. With the way mine changed it definitely didn't look instant.