My new LAX policy

UberIsAllFubared

My new LAX policy is if the passenger doesn't answer their phone or put in the rideshare letter he is at, I am cancelling the ride. Every time I get a ping at LAX I call the passenger before I leave the Jenny parking lot to touch base. Half the time they are still on the arrival level, so the phone call is of utmost importance. The two times I have not been able to speak to the passenger (one time their phone was disconnected, and the other they didn't answer the phone) and still gone to the terminal it has been a disaster and I have not been able to find the passenger. Wasted roughly an hour (time in the queue, time going to the terminal, time getting out of the terminals and back to the parking lot, and time back in the queue), no more.

Why the hell doesn't uber tell the passenger that their drivers will be calling them at LAX to touch base is beyond me. No way am I ever leaving the queue without actually speaking to the passenger or making sure they are at one of the rideshare signs.

Todays disaster was a mother in NY requested a ride for her daughter arriving at LAX. My dumb ass relied on the mother to relay my instructions to the daughter. Of course, she was still at the arrivals, and now was some how over at terminal 3 when she flew American and should have been at terminal 4. OMG. Instead of having her dumb ass walk over to the D rideshare sign, I just told her to go upstairs to C and I would go around again, cause I knew that driving around a crowded airport from D to C would still be faster. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh, and the ride I got before this one, I pickup a guy at rideshare A who had just been dropped of by fly-away, and he was going to some administration building on the other side of the airport. Lets just say, after these two disasters I decided to call it a day.

valor

Sounds like you have had some bad luck. I have done a dozen LAX pickups without issue. I never call, just text them a reminder about the upper level, and say I'll be there in 5-10 minutes. Letting them know an ETA should get them there on time.

saucy05

Once I had a pax who used another passengers wifi to order an uber. He didn't respond to my text or phone call because he didn't have an american sim card yet. Luckily he was waiting for me at the right pick up zone and the destination was get this San Diego!

ikabod

This is why I never pick up at the bigger airports... contacting customers and the whole waiting in the que thing. Good luck to you guys.

UberIsAllFubared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is why I never pick up at the bigger airports... contacting customers and the whole waiting in the que thing. Good luck to you guys.
Yeah but when you have platinum status and you are getting anywhere from 1.8=2.2X and get a ride to Carona its nice. :biggrin:

saucy05

Hi. What is platinum status? Does it affect your rates? Thanks
That was back in the days... We used to get sometimes double the rate if you were platinum, little bit less if you were gold and even less if you were silver. The metal statuses were dependent upon how many rides you gave the week prior. But it's all gone now and it wasonly available in certain cities. All you have now is boost depending on where you live.

Tr4vis Ka1anick

We had a handful of drivers reach titanium status and only two who made adamantium status. IIRC, the adamantium status went to one of the driver's heads and started acting like and quoting Wolverine. Sadly we had to deactivate him soon after. So so sad.

Ya know what I mean bub.