My most recent uber rider has herpes, should I be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snyder1171

he's a nice guy, it wasn't until almost the end of the trip he said that he gets cold sores (oral herpes), he didn't have a cold sore on his mouth right now, we were talking and chatting and he didn't spit or do anything gross, but I did clean the handle of my door he get in and passenger? I also rushed home and took a long hot shower.

Should I be concerned for having a herpes positive passanger?

tohunt4me

he's a nice guy, it wasn't until almost the end of the trip he said that he gets cold sores (oral herpes), he didn't have a cold sore on his mouth right now, we were talking and chatting and he didn't spit or do anything gross, but I did clean the handle of my door he get in and passenger? I also rushed home and took a long hot shower.

GET TESTED RIGHT AWAY !

YOU ARE CERTAIN TO HAVE HERPESCOVIDAIDS.

SpinalCabbage

Depends if the sore is on the inside of the mouth or outside the mouth. One is not bad. The other is bad. One is a canker sore and the other is a cold sore.

But you didn't catch either from this passenger. You're good. You'll live. And for future reference, you can't kill an oral virus with a hot shower.

Last edited:

snyder1171

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is a joke, right? Please tell me this is a joke!

Not unless you engaged in sexual contact. You must of gone to Catholic school to have this level of ignorance about sex ed 🙄
I mean herpes is more than an std, it sounds like it as contagious as covid 19 and I just want to be safe.

snyder1171

Um, no. You need to have direct skin-to-skin contact with someone with an active outbreak to spread herpes. If we all got herpes from driving herpes-positive pax I think that literally every Uber driver would have it.
>>skin to skin contact
>>during an active outbreak to spread herpes
Herpes can spread through saliva, and you're still contagious even when not during a cold sore outbreak.

CJfrom619

Is this for real? Thats not how it works buddy. You dont just get herpes from talking to someone who has herpes lol. I wonder how some people make it to adulthood without knowing such basic information.

Last edited by a moderator:

snyder1171

Is this for real? I mean did you go down on him?? Thats not how it works buddy. You dont just get herpes from talking to someone who has herpes lol. I wonder how some people make it to adulthood without knowing such basic information.
Herpes is an extremely contagious virus, it doesn't need to spread through sexual contact or even skin to skin, it is also in your saliva and some people spit when they talk, I didn't see or feel him spitting though.

CJfrom619

Herpes is an extremely contagious virus, it doesn't need to spread through sexual contact or even skin to skin, it is also in your saliva and some people spit when they talk, I didn't see or feel him spitting though.
I mean cmon man are you kidding? If your that scared why go outside at all? Just where a plastic bubble whenever you leave the house to protect yourself then. I mean theres alot of things to worry about in this world...getting herpes from someone spitting on the ground shouldn’t be one of them. Your acting like herpes is a problem to be worried about..Im not an expert but I dont think herpes can kill you even if you did get it.

Some of the shit people choose to worry about is ridiculous...makes me think what else you worry about in your day to day life. Life is to short man to worry about bullshit like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.