My lowest rated PAX

Jeff1205

Well, I had my lowest rated PAX yesterday which was 4.4 and I am sure a lot of you have seen lower. I was ending my day after this trip so of course it wasn't local. When I was picking him up I saw it was from Princeton to EWR so I told him I wasn't going there (politely). He says to me "why the HELL did you accept it then." I again (politely) explained that I accepted his pickup location and did not know where he was going until I arrived to pick him up. He says again, "why the HELL did you accept it." Then I told him just so I could waste my gas driving to him and watching the look on his face when I told him I wasn't taking him. I told him have a nice day and drove off. Some people...lol. I wish Uber would just put the damn destination in before we get there to avoid this. We are going to cancel if we don't want to take them anyway. Tired of calling people to see if they are going long distance. Maybe they put a filter when we log in on how many miles we will drive from our area?

Last edited by a moderator:

PorkRollUberAndCheese

1) text passenger before hand
2) don't start the trip before confirming destination verbally with pax
3) see #2 especially if they have bags
4) no frigging idea why you turned down Princeton to EWR. Once you get on 8A the ride is super easy. Don't listen to the Uber nav, don't take route 1 to exit 9.

Skyhakw2472

That is such an easy ride, regardless of the time of day. I would take Princeton to EWR every day of the week. If you are nearing the end of the shift then just put the destination filter on. I agree with the passenger, why the hell did you accept the request. Once you get to EWR then set your destination filter back to Princeton or Trenton and ride back and you may get a ping along the way. It isn't the passenger's fault that we don't know where they are going until we get there or call or text ahead of time. At least it was EWR and not JFK or LGA.

Once again I have to ask the question, what is everyone's ideal ride or rides because so many people complain about long trips, short trips, city runs, it's amazing.

PorkRollUberAndCheese

Once again I have to ask the question, what is everyone's ideal ride or rides because so many people complain about long trips, short trips, city runs, it's amazing.
My most ideal rides are long highway drives that stay in-state and put me in an area to pickup more passengers OR are on my way home at the end of a shift.

The worst drives are either JFK, LGA, or the upper East side of NYC.

Skyhakw2472

My most ideal rides are long highway drives that stay in-state and put me in an area to pickup more passengers OR are on my way home at the end of a shift.
I agree, I like the longer highway drives myself. Especially at the shore rates. Just wish the rest of NJ would be higher because after that nice long ride and you see the payout you get just a bit discouraged.

PorkRollUberAndCheese

Since things have relaxed at EWR, as long as you follow the pax up front rule, and get in/get out rule, there really shouldn't be any issue dropping off at EWR.

Pizzaburrito

Since things have relaxed at EWR, as long as you follow the pax up front rule, and get in/get out rule, there really shouldn't be any issue dropping off at EWR.
Things do seem to have loosened up a bit at EWR, and I've been receiving quicker rides there. You just have to be smart like you said, have them sit up front, get in and out quick.

JMW1072

Well, I had my lowest rated PAX yesterday which was 4.4 and I am sure a lot of you have seen lower. I was ending my day after this trip so of course it wasn't local. When I was picking him up I saw it was from Princeton to EWR so I told him I wasn't going there (politely). He says to me "why the HELL did you accept it then." I again (politely) explained that I accepted his pickup location and did not know where he was going until I arrived to pick him up. He says again, "why the HELL did you accept it." Then I told him just so I could waste my gas driving to him and watching the look on his face when I told him I wasn't taking him. I told him have a nice day and drove off. Some people...lol. I wish Uber would just put the damn destination in before we get there to avoid this. We are going to cancel if we don't want to take them anyway. Tired of calling people to see if they are going long distance. Maybe they put a filter when we log in on how many miles we will drive from our area?
I would have taken that ride. I pray every Sat & Sun am that the rides I pick up are going to Newark. It's the easiest ride, usually $55-$65 without a surge from the shore and I set the destination filter south and usually get someone along the way back.

Jeff1205

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, but I was tired. Started at 5am and this was almost 6pm. Then about 45 mins there and 45 mins back if no traffic. Just wasn't doing it. I don't mind if its earlier.

Jeff1205

That is such an easy ride, regardless of the time of day. I would take Princeton to EWR every day of the week. If you are nearing the end of the shift then just put the destination filter on. I agree with the passenger, why the hell did you accept the request. Once you get to EWR then set your destination filter back to Princeton or Trenton and ride back and you may get a ping along the way. It isn't the passenger's fault that we don't know where they are going until we get there or call or text ahead of time. At least it was EWR and not JFK or LGA.

I wasn't complaining about the long trip. Was saying of course it happens when ending my shift. I do long trips all the time because I know I am getting paid and not waiting to squeeze in 10 trips for 5 bucks a piece. That will take about 2 1/2 hours to make compared to the 1 trip and make 50 bucks for about 1 hour.

JMW1072

I wasn't complaining about the long trip. Was saying of course it happens when ending my shift. I do long trips all the time because I know I am getting paid and not waiting to squeeze in 10 trips for 5 bucks a piece. That will take about 2 1/2 hours to make compared to the 1 trip and make 50 bucks for about 1 hour.
Oh I hate when you decide that the day is over & then the last trip takes you an hour away from your house. That is a bit annoying, but I feel like I get zinged that way because I'm being greedy & want one more ride.

Jeff1205

Oh I hate when you decide that the day is over & then the last trip takes you an hour away from your house. That is a bit annoying, but I feel like I get zinged that way because I'm being greedy & want one more ride.
Pretty much the same thing that happened here.

Skyhakw2472

That is the allure in all this, that one last ping that may take you to the promised land of big bucks. Guilty as charged as well, until I get the text from my girlfriend reminding me I have work in the morning :smiles:

nickd8775

Destination filter works at EWR. Set destination to Princeton, sit at Terminal C level 3, and wait for a ping. I've ended up from Rahway through Princeton setting the filter to Trenton.

Jeff1205

Destination filter works at EWR. Set destination to Princeton, sit at Terminal C level 3, and wait for a ping. I've ended up from Rahway through Princeton setting the filter to Trenton.
I will try it next time. Yesterday was the first time I ever got a ping using the destination filter coming from Bridgewater back to Princeton. Any other time I never get a ride back. I never thought of sitting there at EWR with the filter on though. I usually just start heading back which is why I could see no pickups.

Jeff1205

Does anyone know when using the destination filter if I was for example setting it from EWR to Princeton and someone was happening to go to Trenton, would it send me the ping or should I just set my destination further away? I don't mind driving past my destination. I just want to head back towards it.

jerseyboys

Does anyone know when using the destination filter if I was for example setting it from EWR to Princeton and someone was happening to go to Trenton, would it send me the ping or should I just set my destination further away? I don't mind driving past my destination. I just want to head back towards it.

No it will not send you past the final destination in the filter. BUT it does send you west or east of your final destination.

Jeff1205

No it will not send you past the final destination in the filter. BUT it does send you west or east of your final destination.
Yesterday, I had taken a PAX from Princeton to EWR. I set my filter to Trenton and hopped on the turnpike back. Got a ping at a hotel off exit 10 to take them to the movie theater on route 1 in New Brunswick and then got my 2nd ping right after that to take a PAX from New Brunswick to Trenton. First time it worked perfectly for me.

Today, I took a PAX from Princeton to a mall in phillipsburg, NJ and didn't get any pings coming back. Could only wish that it worked perfectly every time.