My last day driving for Uber - switching to Lyft

HOOSIERGAL

I'm tired of fighting Uber for every guarantee. Even with documentation up the whazoo......I can't work for a company who makes you fight for every payment. Once I receive my driver referrals and next Wednesday's payment, I'm sending all my PAPER documentation to Uber Corporate, snail mail. I am assuming, though, the folks at the Corporate Office in San Francisco use English as their primary language. LYFT, here I come!

DriverX

Why not drive both, they are virtually the same thing now. Having the option to do either is essential if your doing this full time.,

uber6

Go to there cooperate office downtown. It's on canal near union station.

The one thing I've never had a problem with is them paying up. Sometimes they even paid me more

HOOSIERGAL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Go to there cooperate office downtown. It's on canal near union station.

The one thing I've never had a problem with is them paying up. Sometimes they even paid me more
I only know of three offices, North Avenue, Belmont Avenue and 115th Street. Where is the one downtown?

HOOSIERGAL

Why not drive both, they are virtually the same thing now. Having the option to do either is essential if your doing this full time.,
I won't drive for a company that I don't trust. We shouldn't have to wonder if Uber is going to cheat us every week. My friend just started last week and they tried to cheat her out of her 'first ride' bonus. It's the principle of it all. I'm not a crappy driver either...I've maintained atleast a 4.9 rating in my first 300 trips. Today was the last straw, struggling through downtown where every street was a parking lot...constant network errors....and then thinking Uber will deny my guarantee payment next week because they'll say I missed requests...because of their network errors. I had a bad feeling about Uber when I first started driving for them. I only switched from Lyft when I started receiving the guarantees. I don't need this aggravation and it's just not worth it...They already cheated me out of $500 and I'm not going to keep driving for them and keeping adding to it.

DriverX

I won't drive for a company that I don't trust. We shouldn't have to wonder if Uber is going to cheat us every week. My friend just started last week and they tried to cheat her out of her 'first ride' bonus. It's the principle of it all. I'm not a crappy driver either...I've maintained atleast a 4.9 rating in my first 300 trips. Today was the last straw, struggling through downtown where every street was a parking lot...constant network errors....and then thinking Uber will deny my guarantee payment next week because they'll say I missed requests...because of their network errors. I had a bad feeling about Uber when I first started driving for them. I only switched from Lyft when I started receiving the guarantees. I don't need this aggravation and it's just not worth it...They already cheated me out of $500 and I'm not going to keep driving for them and keeping adding to it.
The guarantees are the only way to make money on lyft at least in my market, when they go away so do I. Plus if you know what your doing you can double hook and collect the Lyft guarantees while swooping in on Uber surges. On a busy night I can make $45 an hour doing that. but its a hassle and with a strong surge on uber you don't really need to hassle with double hooking. always good to have an option, and lyft isn't any better than uber now that the destination is hidden. You need to research these forums and learn about surge driving. Your obviously leaving yourself online all the time which is a really novice way to drive.

HOOSIERGAL

The guarantees are the only way to make money on lyft at least in my market, when they go away so do I. Plus if you know what your doing you can double hook and collect the Lyft guarantees while swooping in on Uber surges. On a busy night I can make $45 an hour doing that. but its a hassle and with a strong surge on uber you don't really need to hassle with double hooking. always good to have an option, and lyft isn't any better than uber now that the destination is hidden. You need to research these forums and learn about surge driving. Your obviously leaving yourself online all the time which is a really novice way to drive.
No, I don't leave myself online all the time...I position myself when I can, to the known surge areas when I can, but lately Uber has been pushing the trip requests so that you can't get offline in time..and you know what that means if you're on a guarantee! I'm not doing this to get rich, I do it to make a little extra money in addition to my day job. I enjoy driving and the people I meet, but Uber just adds to the aggravation. I'd just rather drive for a more reputable company. Lyft tries to work with its drivers and build a community of sorts. Atleast they try.

veblenrules

21st Century cut rate cab driving. Don't try to make more of it than it is. Pick 'em up. Drop 'em off. These guys are no better than the taxi and limo operators. Don't drink the KoolAid.

HOOSIERGAL

Don't do it. Lyft is worse
I drove for Lyft before Uber, just got a little greedy with the guarantees. I was doing okay with Lyft and did very well with tips. Couldn't have changed that much in two months. The pax are much 'better' at Lyft - they appear to vet more professional-types than gUBER.

80sDude

You need to research these forums and learn about surge driving. Your obviously leaving yourself online all the time which is a really novice way to drive.

This is what I've been trying to tell you guys...

HOOSIERGAL

I'm taking this week off from driving but it feels great to be off the Uber train. After all, it was just a means to make a few extra dollars. I'll never be as serious about it as some of you guys, my day job will always be my first priority. I'll start with Lyft again in a week or two and wait for SafeHer to make their debut in Chicago in the fall.

Last edited:

Sure

I haven't driven in almost 2 weeks, and the thought about logging in tonight or this weekend is so unappealing right now. I think I might be done. Just done with it all.

HOOSIERGAL

I haven't driven in almost 2 weeks, and the thought about logging in tonight or this weekend is so unappealing right now. I think I might be done. Just done with it all.
Absolutely! If I really want to get serious about another part time job, I'll stick to the IT field. This was just too easy to get started and I'm glad I tried it, but it's not something you want to do all the time

SomeDrivingGuy

I was wondering why you vanished! Sorry for your bad experience. I'm making the same decisions. I don't get the weekend guarantees now, but during the week I do.

I would switch to lyft if it benefits me. So far they've added me back to their guarantees! Much lower than uber but better than no guarantees. I'm not a surge chaser either.

The passengers aren't much different. Some will annoy while most will be easy to deal with. If lyft had better guarantees then I'd choose them over uber but without any uber guarantees, or boost, I'm sticking with lyft.

I hope for the best for you. Good luck in what you do..

Sure

I was wondering why you vanished! Sorry for your bad experience. I'm making the same decisions. I don't get the weekend guarantees now, but during the week I do.

I would switch to lyft if it benefits me. So far they've added me back to their guarantees! Much lower than uber but better than no guarantees. I'm not a surge chaser either.

The passengers aren't much different. Some will annoy while most will be easy to deal with. If lyft had better guarantees then I'd choose them over uber but without any uber guarantees, or boost, I'm sticking with lyft.

And last night surge was non existent on Uber. I didn't drive, and really happy I didn't. The earnings boost of 1.4-1.5 just want enough to get me out.

HOOSIERGAL

Give it another six weeks when all the students and teachers start returning to school. Both Uber and Lyft will be forced to offer some decent guarantees to get their core drivers online again

HOOSIERGAL

Thanks! I'm not going away, just away from Uber. I'm taking the next week off from driving and then will drive exclusively for Lyft.

SomeDrivingGuy

And last night surge was non existent on Uber. I didn't drive, and really happy I didn't. The earnings boost of 1.4-1.5 just want enough to get me out.
Honestly I was out last night lol and when someone mentioned no surge I sort of knew why. Seems uber found a way to make more while keeping drivers rotation in and out nearly constantly, vs having them on que (guarantees.)