• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

My first month....

mario_&_luigi

Hi,

Just wondering how many drivers do this as their only (or main) source of income VS how many just use Uber to compliment their income?

Personally I do this after work for 2 hours after my shift every night on weekdays and 2.5 hours on weekends. I am already in work mode from my actual job (Career), and another 2 - 2.5 hours doesn't bother me. Usually works out to about 7-9 trips per night

I try to stay in Cambridge or Kitchener as I try to avoid the University drunks ( I work late). So far its been working really well. (Been doing it for 1 month).

Money has been great, though I have a really fuel efficient car thats only worth about 4k (2010 Aveo- Depreciation isnt really even a factor because my first month I already earned around $700 which is a large percentage of my car value). Should be noted expenses have to be taken out of that $700.

Also people have all been really nice. At first it's a little weird, but you get used to it fast.

I should add I work 4 ten hour shifts a week at my actual job, therefore I only do Uber 4 nights a week.