1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

My first airport pickup in the new zone

Discussion in 'Atlanta' started by uberRog, Sep 11, 2017.

1. uberRog

uberRog Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Finally got my first rematch in the new zone last Friday (haven't been driving much the past few weeks). Piece of cake for me! The signs were easy to follow (south terminal), and I called my rider upon arrival to confirm which zone he was waiting at. Not so easy for the pax though- he told me what a pain it was to walk there and figure things out the first time. Still, I was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly it went for me. Has it gotten better for you guys? I just didn't think it was nearly as bad as everyone made it seem on this forum.

2. Ivin

Ivin Member

Mornings are definitely different from evenings. Still logjams in the pm as opposed to am.

pjrxj likes this.
  3. Storm104

Storm104 Member

I had my first this weekend. The pax was so mad about having to walk that far. It's ridiculous. An officer there said it's just a way to make money by ticketing uber drivers. He said they are using plain clothes officers to catch drivers. They lost revenue with uber because they can't charge the high fees they charge taxi and car services.

4. iptaylm

iptaylm Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Passengers *****ing about the walk to the pickup area need to get a life, I used uber the other day when coming back to the ATL, it's not that far of a walk and the pickup was a piece of cake.

pjrxj, Harleyfxdx1 and negeorgia like this.
  5. Harleyfxdx1

Harleyfxdx1 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with your observation about the walk. However, it's always been known that IPTAY = " I plow thirty acres a year !! " so you are more used to walking than most others

negeorgia and Carbenger like this.

6. pjrxj

pjrxj Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Paxs are used to curbside service. In other cities there are designated pickup areas that are similar. Unfortunately with the construction of the canopy taking a year and a half the situation is going to get worst. Plus, they will probably make the temporary pickup procedure permanent. I like the idea of having a different place for picks than drops. It just need a little more logistic work on the airport's part.

negeorgia likes this.
  7. iptaylm

iptaylm Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    DON'T CARE WON NATTY!

uberRog and negeorgia like this.
  8. uberRog

uberRog Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Go Tigers!!

9. Harleyfxdx1

10. inthefoot

inthefoot Member

Some airport terminals can be pretty complex in terms of getting through TSA and checking in in general.

The way PAX seem so bewildered and lost trying to find the rideshare pickup is kind of annoying.

You made it from Phoenix to Atlanta but you can't figure out how to find your Uber?

Harleyfxdx1 and negeorgia like this.
  11. Jamesp1234

Jamesp1234 Well-Known Member

I've walked to the Atlanta pickup zones as a traveler and I would rate them as pretty bad.
    I can see someone with disabilities filing suit due to bad design (hint).

Harleyfxdx1 and negeorgia like this.
  12. Harleyfxdx1

It's not going to change for 2 years during construction. And when the construction is completed all you'll have is a canopy over the existing C.F. drop off (departures) and pick up (arrivals) ramp. No designated lane for ride share. Just a covered C.F.!!! Should build upper level departures and lower level arrivals. All that construction would then make some sense.

negeorgia likes this.