My earnings for fri sat sun

gooberhater

$537, 36 hrs, b4 gas. After gas about $400. That's about $11.00 per hour. Thats not including any charges for wear and tear, insurance, depreciation. How does this evil company get away with this kind of bullshit? Because there are plenty of desperate idiots in this country willing to do it. Granted not for very long, as the average uber driver figures out real quick that this shit ain't worth it. But there's always another moron coming in and willing give away a few thousand miles on their brand new car.

I've been doing this now, (in a preowned bought at 26k miles car out of desperation because I lost a 75k job) for about 6 weeks. I've put 7k miles on the car( all for Uber). My front tires are almost gone in that 7k miles. Why? this driving on the strip, with the constant braking, turning and acceleration eats thru tires. These are $250 Continentals. I am a @@@@ing idiot. I pray to God that I get a job soon. Uber is literally stealing money from people plain and simple. They won't get away with it in the long run. There's a reason why the cab rates are so high. That is the true cost of operating a vehicle in the taxicab business. The costs of operating a vehicle for uber are not being compensated by uber. It is unfair competition, and it is wrong. Mark my words--the rates uber charges will gradually rise to equal the taxicab rates or uber will be legislated or sued out of business.

TransporterX

When you change the tires.. they don't have to be the Continentals though. My Prius stock tires were Bridgestones and i changed them for Firestones brand, Primewell. Almost half the price and do the job. Considering i do this full time, why would i let the Paxs enjoy Bridgestones? Just my 2c.

kojeislandincha

When you change the tires.. they don't have to be the Continentals though. My Prius stock tires were Bridgestones and i changed them for Firestones brand, Primewell. Almost half the price and do the job. Considering i do this full time, why would i let the Paxs enjoy Bridgestones? Just my 2c.

kojeislandincha

For someone getting Rich from Uber you spend a lot of time on this forum

Call Johnny Cab

$537, 36 hrs, b4 gas. After gas about $400. That's about $11.00 per hour. Thats not including any charges for wear and tear, insurance, depreciation. How does this evil company get away with this kind of bullshit? Because there are plenty of desperate idiots in this country willing to do it. Granted not for very long, as the average uber driver figures out real quick that this shit ain't worth it. But there's always another moron coming in and willing give away a few thousand miles on their brand new car.

I've been doing this now, (in a preowned bought at 26k miles car out of desperation because I lost a 75k job) for about 6 weeks. I've put 7k miles on the car( all for Uber). My front tires are almost gone in that 7k miles. Why? this driving on the strip, with the constant braking, turning and acceleration eats thru tires. These are $250 Continentals. I am a &%[email protected]!*ing idiot. I pray to God that I get a job soon. Uber is literally stealing money from people plain and simple. They won't get away with it in the long run. There's a reason why the cab rates are so high. That is the true cost of operating a vehicle in the taxicab business. The costs of operating a vehicle for uber are not being compensated by uber. It is unfair competition, and it is wrong. Mark my words--the rates uber charges will gradually rise to equal the taxicab rates or uber will be legislated or sued out of business.
OMG. And they keep putting drivers on. Craigslist alone is full of ads. I'll bet many don't even get min wage. Ub is using this independent contractor stuff to run over working people and to get around the employment laws. They avoid taxes, and costs like tires, etc. when they can get everything so much cheaper with mass purchases and their own auto repair. This crazy.

Last edited:

kojeislandincha

OMG. And they keep putting drivers. I'll bet many don't even get min wage. Ub is using this independent contractor stuff to run over working people and to get around the employment laws. They avoid taxes, and costs like tires, etc. when they can get everything so much cheaper with mass purchases and their own auto repair. This crazy.
Invisible Hand of Economics is Hurting

UberDude2

You're right, this job isn't for everyone. Good luck on your next adventure. Should do a little due diligence before you jump in with both feet next time.

Suburban LV

Yep... did my minimum for the $50 plus some extras because I got gung ho... (got offered the $50 for 5 rides thing.) Ended up on the strip and doing a couple of good rides but the majority of rides were under $5. LOL!!

"Granted not for very long, as the average uber driver figures out real quick that this shit ain't worth it. But there's always another moron coming in and willing give away a few thousand miles on their brand new car."

LOL!! We've been stating that since Uber came into town back when rates were far higher than what they are today. I did my rides for the $50 incentive and it was sick how many Uber drivers were out there chasing the guarantees and sitting around.

We used to get pissed off with all of the Ubernuts that would be online on the strip when there was no surge at $1.80 a mile... Nowadays... there are hundreds doing it for peanuts.

At the end of the day... Made my $11 an hour doing the rides WITH the $50 bonus and a couple of rides in the guaranteed 2x zone. Without that incentive, would have made about $8 an hour.

BEFORE EXPENSES.

5 rides that netted me under $4 not counting expenses to go pick them up and deliver those cheap riders.

Took a VIP cocktail waitress from a club joint to her house in Green Valley and got stiffed for a tip... She told me she only made a little over $400 for the night and was complaining about it. She spreaded the love by not tipping me. Plus side is that she's going to hook me up in the VIP section so I'll make sure I reciprocate by not tipping her when I take her up on that offer.

The Luber thing has gotten ridiculous. It was easy to make over $100 in 8 hours not even including strip club rides. Nowadays, THE ONLY WAY you can make money is the strip club drop offs.

If you don't get a strip club drop off... you are lucky to make $10 an hour BEFORE expenses right now.

Uberx Vegas

You're right, this job isn't for everyone. Good luck on your next adventure. Should do a little due diligence before you jump in with both feet next time.
I agree this uber thing is not for everyone. I think to do this job you to be emotional stable and have positive attitude .I have just signed up to do the delivery services ....
delivering food for uber's clients.. .
I think at the beginning there's going to be some money to be made . cheers.

Last edited:

LV-Reni

I've been doing this now, (in a preowned bought at 26k miles car out of desperation because I lost a 75k job) for about 6 weeks. I've put 7k miles on the car( all for Uber). My front tires are almost gone in that 7k miles. Why? this driving on the strip, with the constant braking, turning and acceleration eats thru tires. These are $250 Continentals. I am a &%[email protected]!*ing idiot.
How the hell do you put 7000 miles on a car in 6 weeks and only make $500 a week?

And $140 on gas in a week?

And burning thru tires in 6 weeks?

Well I guess is you are doing burnouts in the parking lots between trips, that would explain the gas AND tires.

Call Johnny Cab

I've been doing this now, (in a preowned bought at 26k miles car out of desperation because I lost a 75k job) for about 6 weeks. I've put 7k miles on the car( all for Uber). My front tires are almost gone in that 7k miles. Why? this driving on the strip, with the constant braking, turning and acceleration eats thru tires. These are $250 Continentals. I am a &%[email protected]!*ing idiot. I pray to God that I get a job soon. Uber is literally stealing money from people plain and simple. They won't get away with it in the long run. There's a reason why the cab rates are so high. That is the true cost of operating a vehicle in the taxicab business. The costs of operating a vehicle for uber are not being compensated by uber. It is unfair competition, and it is wrong. Mark my words--the rates uber charges will gradually rise to equal the taxicab rates or uber will be legislated or sued out of business.
Sorry to hear this happen to you. It's good to hear the truth from Ub drivers like you and others. Its hard to tell who's telling the truth and who works 4 Uber. If you did a 100 miles a day as I beleive I've read somewhere can be done, it would be 42 days x 100 miles = only 4,200 miles. How did you come to 7,000 miles which would come to 166 miles a day. Did you count you regular driving as well?

gooberhater

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here's wed evening 16 trips, 110 fares + 7 tips = 117 less 25 gas, tot $92. 7.5 hrs = $12.2 per hr. Depreciation etc is 6 per hour, I'll give you $2 per hour for tax effect. So, it's $8.20 per hour. What a joke!!!! But wait if I do 100 rides, I'll get an extra $250. So let's add $2.50 per ride to that. 92 + 40 = $132. $132/7.5 =17.6 -4=13.6. Still not worth it to me.

Now suppose the cheap evil pax tipped just $2 per ride. $132 + $25 more in tips = $157/7.5 = 20.93 -4 depreciation etc. =$16.93. Now it's at least worth my time to be out here. It's all about the tips and the promotion.

But goober doesn't want people to tip or raise their rates to a more reasonable level because it shifts their demand curve. Economies of scale. Less money for a lot drivers, means more money in the corporate trough. Uber is dolling out misery. Uber is an unethical company. Passengers who ride Uber are UNETHICAL and passengers who do not tip are HIGHLY UNETHICAL. Have you seen their corporate employment. Mechanical engineer? Artificial intelligence? So I have to eat two cheeseburgers a shift to finance their research and development for an autonomous vehicle that is going to replace me? I am sorry. UBER IS AN EVIL COMPANY. TRAVIS IS AN EVIL AND OPPORTUNISTIC MAN. Stop exploiting people you scumbag!

Quite simply if drivers do not organize they will cannabalize each other..the abuse dished out by this company is unprecedented their sole mission. Is to invent ways to make people who would otherwise be happy to do so,miserable,my belief is that at every turn they are waiting with joyous glee at the thought of putting up yet another blockade to true independence. I have been an indpendent contractor my whole life..this is not the same at all. And yes of course I am free to walk...however this is now becoming a challenge to fight for what is right...and yes I am also aware there are shills and trolls on this board to confuse and irritate posters with their nonsensical and ridiculous arguments,but in the end its all about fair and equitable opportunities. I am a driver for uber I represent no one except myself..I also carry a very high rating and deliver excellence everytime I turn on the app...and in the end I am not rewarded with anything other then keeping my job,dealing with hostility from cabbies who break rules every chance they get and @@@@@@@ valets who think they wield some sort of super power at the pick ups and drop offs..you want me in a certain area then move the fing limos out of the way stop blocking my fair access to my clients,who Btw are clients of your hotels..stop threatening drivers ,YOU HAVE NO POWER.. you want me to pull 100 yards down the drive to inconvenience my client so you can say you have the power...let me say this to the drivers they have ZERO authority to do this..they claim we hold up traffic..it is the old school payoff system that is holding up the traffic. Cabs,limos,valets..they are in a conspiracy to make it so difficult for us to conduct business..then they yell and harass the drivers? I have never and I never will respond to unfair belligerent behavior. Uber doesn't care as long as they get their fare....we are in a war ladies and gents,fight back or you can expect much more of the same..

NRB313

Well, after doing my "guarantee" it is pretty clear what's happening. This is disguised as a driver benefit because it's a guarantee but really on a super busy convention week when the surge would probably be nuts it is controlled by these guarantees because it gets everyone out on the road driving. So, the you'll get paid if the surge is higher than the guarantee is an empty promise since the guarantees were made to control the surge. This also is more of a benefit to the pax and Uber... it makes Uber not look bad from too high of a fee (as we all have heard about that pax that paid xxx for going 1/2 mile because of surge complaint) and it make pax happy for a reasonable fee (aka. still much lower than a cab ride).

I have been doing this for a few weeks now and can clearly see the "advantage" Uber has and that they are also taking advantage of drivers in many, many way.

However, I believe that those arguments are mostly a problem and more valid for those who are trying to make a living off of Uber.

People like myself who are just driving a few hours a few evenings a week just for some extra cash are not in the same situation as the negatives come on much slower than someone trying to drive 16 hrs a day to put food on the table. Honestly, those people should take their experience and get a job at a cab company.

If you rely on this.. so far, I see these problems:
1) continued saturation decreasing overall income possibility.
2) possible even worse rates... I mean I've had fares on the strip less than $5 because of short distance but stuck in traffic (the 15 cent a minute wait time is a joke)... and yes, I know and take the "back roads" but sometimes that is best traffic or not.
3) The TA and other authorities make it very, very difficult on us given some of the crap going on.
4) the cab companies (still powerful here) strongly encourage #3.
5) the continued all drivers take all ride types... I have XL but I don't even see enough XL pings to make it even worth it... not to mention the Uber threat of low acceptance rates if I try to do just XL.

For now, this is a great (at least acceptable) gig for side cash or to quickly try to pay off or save up for something.

Those trying to do this as a job... sorry but I think you're really ruining what rideshare was intended to be for all of us.

Given that, those doing this for side cash, etc. I say get while the gettins' good because I wouldn't be surprised if $8 an hour is the new normal in the next year or so. Heck, right now on my best nights I've been upwards of $25/hr but most nights $10-$15 is realistic... and all of that is BEFORE gas, wear & tear, washes, and pax comforts, etc. If it goes much lower than this BEFORE expense then I think even only the most desperate will see any benefit even if just for a hew hours a week and a few extra buck as it will become too few to be worth it.

Of course, there is always the possibility that there is enough demand from prospective drivers that they backfill even if they only do it for a few weeks to a few months to keep Uber going fine on drivers.

Guess we'll all see how this plays out. But, there are some definite changes that need to be made from drivers, rideshare companies, existing transportation companies, and authorities or it's hard to see the situation getting any better.

Last edited: