My driver had a passenger in the car!

Dallas Uber

Took an Uber home from House of Blues last night and the guy had his girlfriend or mom in the front seat. It was sooooo damn awkward.

Is it that hard to get new drivers?!?

I contacted Uber and they gave me a refund but I'm wondering if they contacted him.

Uberyouber

spongebobicon.jpg

GeT a jOb...

Mikek999

It is a violation, I’ve actually had two incidents. One of was father of daughter starting first day to determine if it was safe. Other was husband and wife, again first day wanting to know if it was safe. I personally don’t have any issue - but did warn them that other pax would most likely report them. I think uber should allow for such exceptions for the first week or first X not number of rides. There is SOOOO MUCH news about dangerous drivers but I personally think the dangers are from these weirdo passengers. There is a reason why Taxi cabs normally have a devider between the driver and passenger and why most don’t allow you to ride in the front seat.

WeDreams

Dallas Uber you did the right thing. I bet that was super awarkward. I had to sit by this guys baby once at utd.

Cary Grant

During the holiday season, I had an Uber driver pick me up after a party and he had his daughter with him. She was pretty young. It didn't bother me, and I didn't report it. Not my business, since it didn't effect my personal safety.

newdriverintown

Hoe ass move by a lil b!+[# (imo).. like you can't afford a regular taxi fare so you opt for a cheap uber. And on top of that, you get butt hurt driver brought along someone. Like if that really affects you in any sort. So you then request for a refund. Wtf?!? Did they get you to point B? Safe? On time? Dude uber is "ride sharing"! You aren't hiring him to rent out his whole car. He can do as he pleases. if you didnt have more than 3 riders, then why complain ? Oh yeah for being a little @@@@@

Dallas Uber

Hoe ass move by a lil b!+[# (imo).. like you can't afford a regular taxi fare so you opt for a cheap uber. And on top of that, you get butt hurt driver brought along someone. Like if that really affects you in any sort. So you then request for a refund. Wtf?!? Did they get you to point B? Safe? On time? Dude uber is "ride sharing"! You aren't hiring him to rent out his whole car. He can do as he pleases. if you didnt have more than 3 riders, then why complain ? Oh yeah for being a little *****

I actually am hiring him for his entire car. If I wanted someone to ride along I would have requested a pool. Since Dallas doesn't have pool he was obviously breaking the rules. What the heck does he do when 4 people want a ride?!?!

Uberdummy

During the holiday season, I had an Uber driver pick me up after a party and he had his daughter with him. She was pretty young. It didn't bother me, and I didn't report it. Not my business, since it didn't effect my personal safety.

Yep. Nobody likes a rat.....

jester121

Sounds like the epitome of "rideshare" -- just hitching a ride with a family driving across town, right? Isn't that the premise of this whole thing?

newdriverintown

I actually am hiring him for his entire car. If I wanted someone to ride along I would have requested a pool. Since Dallas doesn't have pool he was obviously breaking the rules. What the heck does he do when 4 people want a ride?!?!

No you're not. You're hiring him to take you from point A to point B, no more no less at the price Uber sets (to which the driver does not have to follow because he is an independent contractor; if you wanted to rent his whole car, that's a totally different agreement, on top of then payim him to be your private choffer. Yeah, nice try.

Trafficat

It may be against the rules right now, but IMO rideshare should mean that the driver can bring his girlfriend along. If pax want to downrate for that so be it, but it shouldn't be a reportable fire-able offense IMO.

If I was a pax, why should I care if the driver has a friend with him? All that matters is that I get to point B from point A.

I actually am hiring him for his entire car. If I wanted someone to ride along I would have requested a pool.
He took a direct route to the destination, right? He didn't make any additional stops to pick people up or drop them off? Sounds more like X than pool to me.

You just got a driver AND a navigator! Got to hire two people instead of one! If you had to move some heavy luggage they could have possible done an even faster job at it!

Since Dallas doesn't have pool he was obviously breaking the rules. What the heck does he do when 4 people want a ride?!?!

Did you have 4 people that he couldn't accommodate? Oh right, that answer is no. Beating the strawman.

Maybe she would have gotten out if there was 4 pax, and he would have come back later to pick her back up.

HotRodriguez75

Well according to Uberdummy it was a &%[email protected]!* move to report the guy.
Dip shits need to be reported. The rules are clearly outlined and if you are unsure come here and ask.

Now if a dipshit was driving with his child during late at night because he/she couldn't find a babysitter. Should this driver be reported?

Slightly different situation, but same concept. That child or the boo is not insured during the ride as it covers the driver and account holder and his/her passengers.