• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

My DEAR LYFT Good-Bye Letter, and their Response

FormerTaxiDriver♧

I originally signed up to drive for Uber, with financed car. I'm a taxi driver by trade. I drove 5-6 days a week with Uber. I was nondiscriminatory with trip acceptances. My acceptance rate was high, but fraudulent claims on my account was derogatory. Most of us know the system is largely automated with canned responses based on keyword algorithms. Ultimately, I was fired by a computer. My livelihood was taken away by a decision making model, that was enforced by a so-called specialized team. I have grown to hate Uber Support, and when speaking with them over the phone, their English is limited to eighth grade level.

I'm a taxi driver in my town. People know me; the taxi inspector, administrators at the taxi company, dispatchers, and my local rider community. Moreover, I'm allowed to carry a weapon to defend myself with! My heart was broken when I learned of that single, but pregnant mother with two children was murdered. She drove for Lyft. I too have taken the brunt of hostilities, but not as bad as she got. Also, unmarked cars are easy to get away with than a commercial taxi.

However, I'm not making enough money to live on. I'm already in Chapter 13 bankruptcy making payments, and the trustee wants me to pay more money than I can afford thus causing me to go into default on my plan. Lyft keeps saturating my market with part time drivers! I barely make $700.00 dollars each week if I stay out there the maximum allotted time before the app tells me to get some rest. This is insane, and have driven me to attend church to avoid cracking up mentally. The church members thought I was gonna join the club because I was going there so much. We don't have much in common, as I stay on the streets to earn an income.

Lyft, you have oppressed my wages with lower rates than Uber pays. Your rate is getting to the point where people stopped taking the bus. It is degrading to have my car morphed into a bus, and I'm tired of the degrading treatment by your company, and your account holders that exploit the cheap rides. This is not worth it. I can make more money cleaning bathrooms or something. I wake up early in the morning to get ready to help people go where they want to go. This morning, I have a taxi outside

Enough is enough.

Lyft's Response:

Untitled.png

My closing to potential taxi drivers:

If any full time drivers are out there, driving 7 days a week to make ends meet, and running up the miles / tearing up your car, then you may want to consider leasing a taxi. We in the taxi business are still taking many calls, as the population grows. I have been back there a few days and have stayed busy, and still eating good.

Attached below is a screenshot of my google maps timeline as evidence of this activity, driving a taxi.

If you want to talk business, then send me a private message ....

Screenshot_20190205-035153.png

Last edited:

zuluwarrior013

I originally signed up to drive for Uber, with financed car. I'm a taxi driver by trade. I drove 5-6 days a week with Uber. I was nondiscriminatory with trip acceptances. My acceptance rate was high, but fraudulent claims on my account was derogatory. Most of us know the system is largely automated with canned responses based on keyword algorithms. Ultimately, I was fired by a computer. My livelihood was taken away by a decision making model, that was enforced by a so-called specialized team. I have grown to hate Uber Support, and when speaking with them over the phone, their English is limited to eighth grade level.

I'm a taxi driver in my town. People know me; the taxi inspector, administrators at the taxi company, dispatchers, and my local rider community. Moreover, I'm allowed to carry a weapon to defend myself with! My heart was broken when I learned of that single, but pregnant mother with two children was murdered. She drove for Lyft. I too have taken the brunt of hostilities, but not as bad as she got. Also, unmarked cars are easy to get away with than a commercial taxi.

However, I'm not making enough money to live on. I'm already in Chapter 13 bankruptcy making payments, and the trustee wants me to pay more money than I can afford thus causing me to go into default on my plan. Lyft keeps saturating my market with part time drivers! I barely make $700.00 dollars each week if I stay out there the maximum allotted time before the app tells me to get some rest. This is insane, and have driven me to attend church to avoid cracking up mentally. The church members thought I was gonna join the club because I was going there so much. We don't have much in common, as I stay on the streets to earn an income.

Lyft, you have oppressed my wages with lower rates than Uber pays. Your rate is getting to the point where people stopped taking the bus. It is degrading to have my car morphed into a bus, and I'm tired of the degrading treatment by your company, and your account holders that exploit the cheap rides. This is not worth it. I can make more money cleaning bathrooms or something. I wake up early in the morning to get ready to help people go where they want to go. This morning, I have a taxi outside

Enough is enough.

Lyft's Response:

View attachment 294971

My closing to potential taxi drivers:

If any full time drivers are out there, driving 7 days a week to make ends meet, and running up the miles / tearing up your car, then you may want to consider leasing a taxi. We in the taxi business are still taking many calls, as the population grows. I have been back there a few days and have stayed busy, and still eating good.

Attached below is a screenshot of my google maps timeline as evidence of this activity, driving a taxi.

If you want to talk business, then send me a private message ....

View attachment 294974
"here to help" but no explanation about how that is going to happen
will you remain active in the forums ?

zuluwarrior013

At least for the time being. I'm in the process of cultural change from automation to living people, in person.
well i hope you can hang around. you have helpful posts in the forum. is there an exclusive taxi driver forum you will be active in or is this form of social media part of the culture you want to shift from?