My COVID-19 Success Story

Cdub2k

I typically drive on the weekends. I last drove 3-7-20. I was planning on going out of town the next weekend for my birthday so I wasn't planning on driving until the following weekend after that. Well as you know COVID-19 mania took off from there once the NBA suspended their season March 11th so I stayed local for my B-Day weekend. I started getting mild cough but nothing serious during that week. It's kind of hard to pin point when I got sick. It could have been when I went to a restaurant on my B-Day, it could have been when I took a friend to the grocery store on March 19th who was telling me how he was sick for 2 weeks around Mardi Gras time or it could have been when I went to my fantasy baseball draft March 21st. It could have been a delayed reaction to my driving on March the 7th or it could have simply been a co-worker at the Health Clinic that who gave it to me or the half dozen times that I went to the grocery store.... Who the heck knows at this point. Either way I started getting a real bad heavy fever on March 25th. I took 2 Aleve pills for the fever and it didn't even faze it. I kept that high fever for 2 tough days. That was the last time I went to my full time job because coincidentally that was the day they sent several of us home to Telework from home. Over that 1st weekend I started feeling better but Monday and Tuesday my condition worsened (3-30 and 3-31)

After self medicating at home for a week like I said earlier my condition worsened on 3-30 and 3-31. On 3-30 I lost my sense of smell and taste. And I started to have a that fever that wouldn't go away again. I went to the ER on 3-31 with shortness of breath symptoms and with an accelerated heart beat along with my other symptoms. I got tested that day and I got sent home to self isolate for 14 days because I was deemed not sick enough. I got the Test results back two days later on 4-2-20. I tested positive for COVID-19. Ironically I started to feel better only 2 days after getting the bad news because I technically already went through the worse of it. So Saturday 4-4-20 I tried to come off my medication. I started to get a fever so I went back to taking my over the counter medication. My daily routine was to take DayQuil Severe Cold/Flu every 4 hours not to exceed 4 doses in a day. I took 1 Aleve when I got up and 1 before bed and sometimes 1 during the day. I hit my nose with Vicks Sinex Severe Nasal Spray when I got up and when I went to bed. I used Vicks Vapo Rub pretty much all day. I drank 150 ounces of water a day. I loaded my diet with Zinc and Iron and protein. The combination of everything kept me feeling good. I kept peeing damn near every hour but nevertheless it was working. I also take 2 VitaFusion gummies every day but that is my normal routine. They contain 35% of your daily recommended Zinc dosage. I also drank 1 Body Armor Lyte sports drink per day. 1 of those drinks contains 70% of your daily Zinc intake. I made sure I ate eggs just about every day. Eggs are good for your immune system too. Pretty much anything I could find that supports your immune system I ate or drank.

A day earlier 4-3-20 I submitted all the documentation Uber said they needed. I met all the qualifications of that link. It says that it'll take 5-7 business days for me to get a ruling and those funds will be based off of the average of my earnings from the last 6 months of driving. I calculated my last 6 months of driving and the amount was around $750 a month. I submitted my request to Uber on 4-3-20. I just received the email (the Attachment) an hour ago at 3:47 PM. Uber actually kept their word and the dollar amount was right on point. Today is technically the end of the 6th business day since I sent in my paperwork. So it's even within their posted time frame which is shocking.

My doctor said that I have to have 3 symptom free days under my belt without medication before they can retest me to see is the virus gone. Things are on the up and up. Today is Day 3 of NOT taking any medication and I feel great. Tomorrow is the end of my 14 day home isolation, 20 Days in total really since I was already in isolation on 3-25-20. $348 isn't much but it is what they said they'd pay. I'm just glad that I got over this virus. Tomorrow I can go get tested so I can get officially cleared of it. Praise God. Somehow some way my wife did not get it. Well actually her test results from 8 days ago still hasn't come back. Even if she did test positive she hasn't had any major symptoms. That was the one thing I prayed for the most was that she wouldn't get infected. She is overweight and fits the typical profile of someone who has a hard time fighting this off. I believe God heard my prayer and many of my friends and family prayers. Yesterday we had our 1st stupid argument since being home together. So that must mean things are getting back to normal 😂

Attachments

kingcorey321

what was the cough like ? Were you just coughing and it hurt and nothing at all came out ?
But it felt like something was in the lungs but you just keep coughing nothing ever comes out possible you get a nasty smell when you cough ? I was also very sick a few months ago with that and a mild sore throat but a fever of 104 to 102 all day for about 3 days. I took 2 weeks to get better but it took Months for my lungs to feel better they hurt like they had water in them i failed a breathing test No i was not tested co19 was not here yet so they say only in china .. My voice also went away for 2 days

Cdub2k

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
what was the cough like ? Were you just coughing and it hurt and nothing at all came out ?
But it felt like something was in the lungs but you just keep coughing nothing ever comes out possible you get a nasty smell when you cough ? I was also very sick a few months ago with that and a mild sore throat but a fever of 104 to 102 all day for about 3 days. I took 2 weeks to get better but it took Months for my lungs to feel better they hurt like they had water in them i failed a breathing test No i was not tested co19 was not here yet so they say only in china .. My voice also went away for 2 days
I didn’t have a hard cough it was just an annoying one every 15 or so minutes. It could’ve just been allergies. I didn’t have any major aches and pains like other people have experience. Nor was I exhausted at all. I guess people have different symptoms.

waldowainthrop

I’m in the middle of it, too. I must have caught it around April 1, as that’s one of the only times I have been near other people recently.

Four days in, will report back later.

As for me, the cough is mild but occasionally persistent, the exhaustion is intense, and breathing isn’t that easy even if I just walk around the house. My chest is tight. No fever, almost no congestion at all. Smell and taste are intact at the moment. I’m wiped out and mostly have to stay still or face a bad cough.

I am not planning on hospital or testing unless it gets worse.

It’s good that you’re feeling better.

Cdub2k

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m in the middle of it, too. I must have caught it around April 1, as that’s one of the only times I have been near other people recently.

Four days in, will report back later.

As for me, the cough is mild but occasionally persistent, the exhaustion is intense, and breathing isn’t that easy even if I just walk around the house. My chest is tight. No fever, almost no congestion at all. Smell and taste are intact at the moment. I’m wiped out and mostly have to stay still or face a bad cough.

I am not planning on hospital or testing unless it gets worse.

It’s good that you’re feeling better.
Thank you I hope you start feeling better. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids and eat healthy foods. I lost my smell and taste buds on Day 6. All I could smell was the medicine I was consuming. It lasted for 5 days. What over the counter meds are you taking l?

waldowainthrop

Thank you I hope you start feeling better. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids and eat healthy foods. I lost my smell and taste buds on Day 6. All I could smell was the medicine I was consuming. It lasted for 5 days. What over the counter meds are you taking l?
Ibuprofen for a possibly unrelated headache.

Other than that, just eating very well and resting. My diet is really balanced and I have someone to cook for/with me. I’ll take cough suppressants if necessary but that hasn’t been the main problem.

So far this seems like a “mild” case but it’s still more debilitating than a typical illness. I keep thinking I can just walk around and do normal stuff but I really can’t.

kingcorey321

Other than that, just eating very well and resting. My diet is really balanced and I have someone to cook for/with me. I’ll take cough suppressants if necessary but that hasn’t been the main problem.

So far this seems like a “mild” case but it’s still more debilitating than a typical illness. I keep thinking I can just walk around and do normal stuff but I really can’t.
I am not sure if it will benefit you ? Talk to your doc first . My lungs were so bad i thought i would need to go to the hospital as well.
I forced my self to go for a very slow walk in the cold to breath the cold air in. I went about a mile .
It was not a race again very slow almost a standing pace . It helped me some.
For the head ache ? is your blood pressure ok ? If zero machine there .
Look into the mirror is your forehead red blood shot eyes a indicator of high blood pressure . Auto headache like no other you experienced .

Another Uber Driver

Glad to hear that you are on the mend. If you decide to start driving, again, please let us know the hoops through which they make you jump. I read somewhere that you should not take Motrin if you get this. The Tylenol is sold out at all the CVS around here. I do not use Tylenol because it does nothing for me.

tohunt4me

I heard ibuprofin is not good with Covid.

waldowainthrop

Either way, I take as few pain meds as possible. I’m probably only going to have to read up on appropriate treatment and mitigation more if it gets worse. I’m just glad it isn’t worse!

ANT 7