• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

My City Does Not Support LUXSUV/Premier

SDo

MY QUESTION: Should I change my city to Jersey City, where I will spending most of my time driving but is in a different state or should I change it to Philadelphia which is still in my home state but has LUXSUV and Premier? And if I do go with Philadelphia, will I be able to pick up LUXSUV and Premier riders in New Jersey?

BACKGROUND INFO: Hello, I'm new to ridesharing. I live in northeastern PA and I signed up for Uber and Lyft to make some extra cash during my downtime. I was approved by Lyft in about 5 days (still waiting on Uber background check).

Lyft suggested a region about 45 minutes from me. I know my area has a small population and unlikely to have many people requesting trips, so I accepted the recommend area. I decided to take a trip out there on Friday evening to get my feet wet. However, after 2.5 hours I had received zero requests. I was disappointed, to say the least.

On Saturday I was in NYC -- I'm there often. On my way back through NJ, I turned on the app and within 10 minutes I had my first request. I ended up picking up 10 rides in about 6.5 hours and made $130 ($103 after Lyft fees). Total was disappointing but I now had experienced passenger interaction.

Today I took the opportunity to review the rides from the night before and I noticed that most of the trips were line and only one Plus. None of the Line rides required multiple stops so I didn't notice; I thought they were regular trips. In any case, I noticed that I had no LUXSUV trips but I was driving a 2015 Land Rover LR4.

I reached out to support because I didn't see any ride preference options in the vehicle section to set the Land Rover to LuxSUV rides only and my 2013 BMW 3 series to Premier. I was informed I could not see that option because my city does not have these options available. However, I was driving in areas of NJ that have LUXSUV and Premier available. Based on the copy/paste job that the support person emailed me, I will not see these options due to my default city. Support suggested I request my city be changed.