My Chattanooga Uber story.

June132017

Year: 2017. Took an Uber as a PAX from Chattanooga to a Kmart in Georgia not too terribly far. Anyway, smart me decides to ask the driver to wait a few seconds to see if I could order one from there since we did cross state lines. Well, guess what? It wouldn't let me! Anyway, thank goodness the driver was chill and agreed to take my cash as a ride back. I spent like 5 mins in the Kmart and it since has closed. The driver was from Colorado originally according to him. Anyway, I wonder how the heck I would have got back if it wasn't for him? Maybe I would have googled taxi in that town I was in. I really don't know, but was wondering if anyone had some insight.

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Year: 2017. Took an Uber as a PAX from Chattanooga to a Kmart in Georgia not too terribly far. Anyway, smart me decides to ask the driver to wait a few seconds to see if I could order one from there since we did cross state lines. Well, guess what? It wouldn't let me! Anyway, thank goodness the driver was chill and agreed to take my cash as a ride back. I spent like 5 mins in the Kmart and it since has closed. The driver was from Colorado originally according to him. Anyway, I wonder how the heck I would have got back if it wasn't for him? Maybe I would have googled taxi in that town I was in. I really don't know, but was wondering if anyone had some insight.
Most taxis charge a $20.00 minimum to pick up on Battlefield Parkway; some charge more. You ask any Uber / Lyft driver what Kmart that was you probably would not get a correct answer. When you call a taxi, the driver typically knows where most stores are, at least, that ones that has been around for awhile. I pick up many tourists that has been stranded by Uber in Rock City.

June132017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool thanks for the response. I wonder if they really would have picked me up on some random weekday though.

Legalizeit0

Uber will not allow TN drivers to pick up over the Georgia state line. If you take someone up Lookout Mountain past the TN/GA line, you should let them know that Lyft is the only rideshare available in North GA. I had the same thing happen when I took a rider to a business on Battlefield PKWY. Lyft has drivers all over North GA.

Well, I guess that other service still works, I think they are called TAXI's, but like the dinosaur, they are a thing of the past.

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Uber will not allow TN drivers to pick up over the Georgia state line. If you take someone up Lookout Mountain past the TN/GA line, you should let them know that Lyft is the only rideshare available in North GA. I had the same thing happen when I took a rider to a business on Battlefield PKWY. Lyft has drivers all over North GA.

Well, I guess that other service still works, I think they are called TAXI's, but like the dinosaur, they are a thing of the past.
You are correct! Uber strands their riders over the state line!

zuluwarrior013

Where else can TN drivers pick up?