My car wash place just blacklisted Uber/Lyft drivers

Jay Dean

So H2Go canceled my monthly carwash pass cause Im a Uber/Lyft driver...

So on top of a pay cut, car/tire repairs, and gas going up, now I can't keep my deal on carwashes... Its starting to really hurt to do ridesharing...
Because they go to often and don’t tip or is it just because they go to often ? I always wondered what those monthly places thought of U/L drivers, now it shows..Surprised it lasted this many years to be honest

Montroverse

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because they go to often and don’t tip or is it just because they go to often ? I always wondered what those monthly places thought of U/L drivers, now it shows..Surprised it lasted this many years to be honest
Its a drive in automatic carwash place with the self service vacuums. There's no one to actually service your car aside from the person who aligns the car for the pulley to take your car.
Its probably cause us drivers go so often... just sucks that I need to spend more now and have limited use of their wash.

unitacx

It would seem they wouldn't give a shit about tips, but then there's the time consumed in cleaning the interior. There are probably other daily users, but it's probably more likely the inside cleaning would require less work.

I guess I'd answer a question directed to Uber by saying something about a sales job for something I vaguely knew something about and had a vague reason to not discuss with random people. "Oh, I sometimes drive to meet clients."

mrpjfresh

Take off the signs and don't abuse the service. Tip like you would like to be tipped.
This. All day.

If some of the creeps who we see in the pig pen are any indication, it is no wonder. Peeing in bottles and leaving them in parking lots, cleaning off puke with public squeegees at the gas station, etc. A car wash doesn't want vomit chunks in their vacuums. Drivers who come every day and can't afford to tip aren't desirable customers. It is like buying a $3 scone at Starbucks and sitting in there all day and using their wifi. A few people will unfortunately abuse anything. Heck, we drivers see it all the time as drivers and all these outrageous requests for peanut pay.

Uber1010

So on top of a pay cut, car/tire repairs, and gas going up, now I can't keep my deal on carwashes... Its starting to really hurt to do ridesharing...
Why you are not doing like NYC DRIVERS ... ? WASH THE CAR JUST ONCE MONTHLY. then problem fixet. We call Uber cars now Gypsy cars all scratch dirty in and out because are not making money to afford luxury convenience..I had hard time spending the money from my pocket to keep the car in good condition and be ready for Uber pax

krbjmpr

A dirty car exterior can help highlight where the various expectorates have run down the side. A dirty car interior helps keep the 'stuff' from soaking into the carpet, gives you more time to clean, may even aid in financial worth of pics.

I wash mine commercially at least once a week, then usually just hose it down in driveway to knock off the pollen, mud, roadkill intestines / brain matter, and do my cursory inspection before I drive. Sometimes don't even have to hose it off because of all the idiots that can't maintain / setup lawn sprinklers properly. Majority of riders make comments how clean I am (and vehicle). I just smile and tell them I use my tips to stock my cleaning supply tote in the back. They get the point.

Frontier Guy

Full service car wash I go to was trying to work out a deal with U/L to offer drivers a discount, the owner uses the service multiple times a day (he's had two DUI) and they wouldn't work with him. He was going to do $4 or $5 off on certain washes and 15% on detail packages.

Bbonez

I have an unlimited pass and started a thread last month about how my car was damaged in the wash. While I was negotiating my damage claim I let them know several times how generous I was because i didn't ask for lost wages. Perhaps your carwash doesn't want to take the risk of paying a lost wages claim for the low price of $20 a month.

A few days ago I got my car washed and had a bird [email protected]!t on it a hour later, so I went back to the wash and the automated teller screen said "monthly plans are limited to one a day". The plans are advertised as "unlimited" but I choose not to argue my position. Partly because I dont want my pass revoked and partly because the week before they had to cut me a check for $2180.

Ubermcbc

Don't get upset. Take your car to the nearest green hub. Tell them either you wash my car or talk to your car wash company.