• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

My car is not your trash can

Muziklyfe3

Pick up 3 pax... Get to drop off location.. As they start getting out of my car, I turn to the back people to say goodbye and to make sure they had all of their belongings.... I see the 2 who were in the back leave their empty coffee cups and empty water bottles on the back seats and the girl up front leaves her napkin on passenger seat... I look at all that and I'm thinking in my head, oh no way! :mad:
So I say, this is your trash, you need to take it with you. The back people close the door and the one who sat up front looks at me and says very nonchalantly, yes that's my trash. I say Ok, well you need to take all the trash from my car and throw it out.
She just stands there looking at me silent and like it was my duty to clean their trash up... So I reached back and grabbed all the back seat trash and her trash and handed it to her to dump out. She grabs it in shock like I was supposed to dump their trash for them..

THE NERVE OF THESE PAX!! :mad:

aeiou_-

Pick up 3 pax... Get to drop off location.. As they start getting out of my car, I turn to the back people to say goodbye and to make sure they had all of their belongings.... I see the 2 who were in the back leave their empty coffee cups and empty water bottles on the back seats and the girl up front leaves her napkin on passenger seat... I look at all that and I'm thinking in my head, oh no way! :mad:
So I say, this is your trash, you need to take it with you. The back people close the door and the one who sat up front looks at me and says very nonchalantly, yes that's my trash. I say Ok, well you need to take all the trash from my car and throw it out.
She just stands there looking at me silent and like it was my duty to clean their trash up... So I reached back and grabbed all the back seat trash and her trash and handed it to her to dump out. She grabs it in shock like I was supposed to dump their trash for them..

THE NERVE OF THESE PAX!! :mad:
I've done the same thing in the past. I no longer pickup at the Standard on Sunset.

UberLaLa

I quit putting water bottles in my backdoors the first month I started driving. Because, certain classless passengers would take a sip or two, put the lid back on and put it back in the door pocket for the next passenger to pick up and go yuck!

Actually, that was a good thing cuz I stopped handing out water when I was still green....lol. Never did mints or anything but water.

Chargr

Hate when that happens, last week some idiots left their empty water bottles in my backseat pocket. Or even leave it in the cup holder.

And I don't even offer water at all. Too bad I didn't catch them, I am waiting for the chance to catch someone to throw the trash right at them once they leave without it.

Muziklyfe3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I quit putting water bottles in my backdoors the first month I started driving. Because, certain classless passengers would take a sip or two, put the lid back on and put it back in the door pocket for the next passenger to pick up and go yuck!

Actually, that was a good thing cuz I stopped handing out water when I was still green....lol. Never did mints or anything but water.
Eww lol, cant believe the pax wouldn't just take the bottles with them if they already sipped out of it, gosh.
I never did the water thing nor mints, etc... I'm just here to give you a safe ride to your destination, be kind and cool and that's it.

The pax i talk about above also was wanting an AUX cord, charging cables for their Iphones and demanding that I turn my heater up high as soon as they jumped in my car, all 3 of them.. So, imagine all that going on plus the damn app crashing in the midst of all this, the address wasnt loading on the maps, the app was just on the blue screen of the uber logo loading and loading. I was like why me, why!?! Lol :p:frown:

Muziklyfe3

Hate when that happens, last week some idiots left their empty water bottles in my backseat pocket. Or even leave it in the cup holder.

And I don't even offer water at all. Too bad I didn't catch them, I am waiting for the chance to catch someone to throw the trash right at them once they leave without it.
If you had the pax that did this to me tonight, im sure you would have thrown it all out at them. Haha! The nerve you know.

Muziklyfe3

Take it they have you 5 stars and vice versa?

You should of left it , contacted uber and charged them a cleaning fee lol...look on their faces would of been priceless.
I didnt even think of that... But, knowing Uber, I probably wouldn't have gotten anything for that. They would have just said "sorry to hear about this, blah blah... " you know, the usual copy and paste bs they email us. Lol

SorryBluetoothOnly

I didnt even think of that... But, knowing Uber, I probably wouldn't have gotten anything for that. They would have just said "sorry to hear about this, blah blah... " you know, the usual copy and paste bs they email us. Lol
No, they will compensate you for true messes. Not if you just have to vaccuum up a few crumbs. But a spot of mustard - definitely chewing gum - you're looking at an easy $20 minimum. They really have no excuse. The passenger caused real damage. Take a picture before you clean it up.

Muziklyfe3

No, they will compensate you for true messes. Not if you just have to vaccuum up a few crumbs. But a spot of mustard - definitely chewing gum - you're looking at an easy $20 minimum. They really have no excuse. The passenger caused real damage. Take a picture before you clean it up.
Last week this guy sat in the front and he was my last pax. When I got home I seen my entire front seat and the floor was covered in animal hair that was on his clothes. (Dog or cat). I took a pic and uber gave me $20 for that. It was a pain to get off the seat. I had to use a lint brush, vacuum. I wasn't having it. Plus I get allergies to animal hair. I sneeze and my eyes get itchy.

Master_Liu

In the beginning I had the small bottles in the backseat for pax's and some would leave the water bottles empty, I didn't really mind so much til the one day I found ALL the empty bottles stuffed underneath both my seats. That's when I said to myself, "Furrrget'em, no more water for them". (I recycle but that was too much).

I have found lolliepop sticks, (disgusting), empty tic-tac mint container (which I gave back to the pax and she threw it out), wrappers, I don't allow eating in my car. And funny enough that pax's try to sneak in open alcoholic containers or the infamous red solo cups. I tell them all, nope. Either drink it, toss it, but not in my car.

Three chicks tried to bring that into my car a couple of weeks ago, I told them their options, they decided to stand there and finish their drinks and cancelled me to get another Uber. Which for me is fine, because where do you think those red solo cups are going to be left? My car. Furrrrget that crap.

And what's worse is when both male and females put those shoes/feet on my seats/upholstery, where the heck is the respect for other people property?!?! What a bunch of aholes. Also a couple weeks back I had two young chicks had their shoes/feet on my seats and I told them to keep their feet on the floor, they put them on the floor, I 1-starred those chicks. So disrepectful!

If they leave trash in my car, 1 star, if they have their shoes on my seats/upholstery, 1 star.

Last edited by a moderator:

KimchiRiceSoNice

Happened to me recently. Pax ate a banana and some candy. Get to destination and she's about to leave her banana peel and candy wrapper on the backseat. I say,"Please don't forget your trash." She was like, what do I do with it? And I was like, sorry my car is not your trash can, and handed them to her. Ms. Thing walked off in a huff. Gave her 2* Sure she dinged me too, but seriously some people have real etiquette issues.

Master_Liu

Happened to me recently. Pax ate a banana and some candy. Get to destination and she's about to leave her banana peel and candy wrapper on the backseat. I say,"Please don't forget your trash." She was like, what do I do with it? And I was like, sorry my car is not your trash can, and handed them to her. Ms. Thing walked off in a huff. Gave her 2* Sure she dinged me too, but seriously some people have real etiquette issues.
Should've 1-starred her trashy-ash!