• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

My car died I need to use a fair car any experience with that?

LinnyVan

So my 2013 Mercedes needs a new engine and I'm thinking about selling it to the mechanic and renting a car through fair trade I know it's about $214 a week. How is that working out for anybody using it? I make about a thousand a week on Uber and the gas will definitely be cheaper than the Mercedes gas I don't know I need some help here before I sign any contracts and get on the waiting list. How are the cars?

adrep1984

So my 2013 Mercedes needs a new engine and I'm thinking about selling it to the mechanic and renting a car through fair trade I know it's about $214 a week. How is that working out for anybody using it? I make about a thousand a week on Uber and the gas will definitely be cheaper than the Mercedes gas I don't know I need some help here before I sign any contracts and get on the waiting list. How are the cars?
Instead of going through all that with Fair use this opportunity to dust off your resume and get a real job. Just my opinion.

SCdave

In 26wks/6months, you would have paid over $5600 in rental fees. In 52 wks/1 year, you've paid $11,000 in rental fees.

Short term, you're stuck and will drive the shy*t outta that car, save all your cheese and buy a cheap used Prius or whatever, then go for it.

Just think about the rental costs and plan an exit strategy sooner than later.

So what's you're plan?

iheartuber

It goes like this: yes you paid $214 per week every week Which will add up quite a bit. If you do 125 rides per week you get that fee waived well not exactly waived but you get a credit that’s almost in that same amount.

So basically if you know you’re going to do a lot of rides every week then it could work out for you but you and I both know that sometimes life happens and there are some weeks where you can’t always do that many rides for one reason or another. Choice is yours

ShadyX

With Fair you don’t get consecutive trip promotions. I make more than $214 a week with CT, and still get the normal quest,
just rent a Prius bruh

DollarFree

Or get a new Ioniq if u have a decent down and good credit, Hyundai are usually doing 0% 60 mths on them, so you’re paying $220-250 a month, not a week.

goneubering

There’s a driver on the San Diego forum who does Fair and likes it but he’s the only one who I’ve seen say anything good about Fair. It sounds terribly expensive to me.

The driver’s name is CJ something if I remember correctly.

UberBud

No consecutive trip promotions?
No consecutive trips or any other bonuses offered to other drivers (you still get surge), only the Fair quest. The amount they pay on that quest has changed several times, usually to give you less but it seems it can simply vary at their whim too.

So it wouldn’t be worth using a fair car for 2 weeks than while my main car is getting fixed
I did a Hertz car while getting work on my car and its pretty good for a short term need like that You can usually get a car much faster than fair, and return it easier.

Conversely, if you must do something long term Fair cars are a little bit cheaper and the cars are generally a lot better (newer and cleaner) than the high mileage, beat up rental fleet stock Hertz is offering to Uber.

If LAX is important to you, note that you must do the training video thing again and wait for them to issue you a new permit for that specific car before getting airport trips.

BlueManOC

No consecutive trips or any other bonuses offered to other drivers (you still get surge), only the Fair quest. The amount they pay on that quest has changed several times, usually to give you less but it seems it can simply vary at their whim too.

I did a Hertz car while getting work on my car and its pretty good for a short term need like that You can usually get a car much faster than fair, and return it easier.

Conversely, if you must do something long term Fair cars are a little bit cheaper and the cars are generally a lot better (newer and cleaner) than the high mileage, beat up rental fleet stock Hertz is offering to Uber.

If LAX is important to you, note that you must do the training video thing again and wait for them to issue you a new permit for that specific car before getting airport trips.
No just need a car for 2 weeks while mine gets fixed from last Friday’s accident, I was looking at fair but do you need to put any money up front or no. No lax isn’t important at all, fri sat and sun are my best days but during the week isn’t bad either

scatman

I don't want to go back to work...like the flexibility of Uber.
Since you want to continue driving UberX full time, my advice is to buy a new car that cost no more than 20K.
IF YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR NEW CAR, it should last you 5-10 years.
IN THE LONG RUN, it's cheaper to buy than to lease especially if you're able to drive the car for 5+ years.
You can also buy a dependable used car but you won't be able to find anything decent for less than 10-15K.
So just pay a little more and buy new.

TeleSki

I've been using Fair about 6 weeks, since I blew the head gasket on my Prius..If you get your 125 rides in, it's ok short-term I think.
I have received some other bonusesm like consecutive rides. I don't know if it was due to glitches, or what. I'm based out of OC, and we don't get all the bonuses LA gets.

If you need a repair, there is a $100 deductible you'll have to pay.