1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

My 1st ever time almost hitting 911 and pulling my gun

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Scotto, Dec 6, 2018 at 10:45 AM.

1. This uber driver pulled a gun on a pax in Denver that made him feel unsafe.
    That’s a prison jump suit he’s wearing.
    He thought he was within his rights
    He’s still incarcerated

Does he look happy?
    Does he look like he wished he never had the piece in the vehicle?
    Does he look like he knows his life has changed 4Ever?

[​IMG]

MadTownUberD and EphLux like this.
  2. R1d1qls

R1d1qls

Are you left handed? If not, you would be in for a big surprise if you try to aim back with your right hand. Also, you most likely would either loose grip on the gun or break your wrist. I would suggest something lighter and easier to handle in close quarters and a lot of practice shooting with your left hand. Also, that 357 would basically be similar to a concussion grenade inside your car.

3. Bbonez

Bbonez

He looks like he wishes he had CCW safe to cover his bail and legal fees. But, he is alive and might not be if he hadn't pulled his weapon.

https://ccwsafe.com

4. EphLux

EphLux

We will be reading about you in the news. You are not cut out for this job. You cannot read people and situations. You're going to end up shooting someone. The prosecutor for your murder trial will use this post of your predilection for being a trigger happy ride shre driver. My advice: delete this post. Leave your 357 in the safe. Better yet, sell it.

5. Bbonez

Bbonez

Yeah, sell it, cheap. I'll give you $100. I would rather have a prosecutor read this in a trial than have something else read at my eulogy.

6. EphLux

EphLux

If someone is robbing you with a gun, just give up the Goddam wallet and be as friendly about it as possible. Or go to the atm and give him money. set up a go fund me or talk to your bank and get your money back. That .357 is going to ruin your life, bro.

Nobody is going to kill you while robbing you unless make sudden moves or you try to act like ****ing John Wayne. A buddy of mine lost his life making a quick move to hand gunman his wallet, gunman interpreted as reaching for a weapon.

ST DYMPHNA son likes this.
  7. Bbonez

Bbonez

No, what will ruin your life is not having a weapon when you need it. I can see EphLux now, goes to ATM withdrawals all his money gives to man with a gun then gets shot (nobody wants witnesses to armed robbery). But you do you, and we will continue to protect ourselves.

You say:
    Nobody is gonna kill you during a robbery....my friend died in robbery.

You are a fast learner

8. Nonsense

As far as the courts are concerned, he’s the criminal

[​IMG]

freddieman and EphLux like this.
  9. EphLux

EphLux

If you are an Uber driver packing heat, you are most definitely living in a fantasy world. I truly feel sorry for any smuck who has so little street skills that he cannot diffuse an armed robbery by simply coughing up the wallet, saying a "God bless you my brother". You get killed in a street robbery for not having empathy. If you kill the street robber, you will be facing tens to hundreds of thousands in legal fees to remain out of jail. This idiot pulled out his 357 based on some simple questions. Likely he was merely nervous. Learn to control your fear or get the **** out of this gig.

ST DYMPHNA son and EmOinDallas like this.
  10. Bbonez

Bbonez

Now that's nonsense, most courts have a high lever of respect for the constitution and believe "innocent until proven guilty ".

What about my post did you find nonsensical?

If he had ccw safe, his bail would be posted and he would be at home.

I believe you are the one in a fantasy world, you think you have the chops to talk your way out of being murdered by a psychotic meth head. I would rather even the odds up and have a weapon.

11. EphLux

EphLux

please
    just go back to your Mortal Kombat and binge browsing of GlockTalk

12. Bbonez

Bbonez

I don't have a Mortal Combat to go back to & I have never heard of GlockTalk. Probably because I only have 1 Glock and dont like it that much. I prefer my Smith and Wessons.

13. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    I'm not saying the guy aint gonna die, eventually, the concern is how quickly they'll die. Quick enough to save your life? Maybe if you had 30 rounds to punch enough holes in them as fast as possible but 5 rounds? Whens the last time you were at the range? Whens the last time you did draw fire from conceal? Whens the last time you did confined firing? Whens the last time youge done off hand shooting, in confined space?

Youre only ever 70% of how good you were at the range at any given time ..worse as time goes on . having a higher caliber with some stopping power will give you more leeway.

14. Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 7:53 PM
    MadTownUberD likes this.
  15. I like this guy, he has lots of YouTube weapon videos.
    A retired English teacher (good communication skills)
    With a compound in Tennessee
    and he knows, and will teach u everything about weapons.
    He’s also a crack-shot

Tr4vis Ka1anick likes this.
  16. JTTwentySeven

JTTwentySeven

Driving:
    UberX
    You should know as a driver, guns are not allowed on you. That makes other pax feel unsafe! What is wrong with you? You should be banned from the platform. That is a very stupid move. What if someone got a hold of your gun? Uber should ban you!! If you're still reading this, I'm only messing around. Good for you, you made us proud. The only thing I'll disagree on is that maga hoodie in your picture, otherwise good job getting ready to defend yourself.

17. However Seriously,
    If YOU NEED a weapon to feel safe while driving uber & lyft’s clients.....
    ...YOU’RE in the wrong business.

That’s coming from a NYC u/l driver who is neither big nor tough.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 6:22 AM
    EphLux, Christinebitg and mch like this.
  18. RaleighUber

RaleighUber

Driving:
    UberXL
    You did great. You saw the threat, were ready, did not help him target you! The "let me off here" was the give-away. Glad you are safe.

19. mch

mch

I dont bring a wallet when I drive. I hide my debit card in one of those emergency saftey kits in my cargo area w the spare tire and I keep my drivers lic w my ins and registration. I also make sure I have $30-$40 cash in my console. The cash serves two purposes. 1) tolls, 2) in case I get robbed, I can tell whoever that I don't bring my wallet with me in case I get robbed and that all I have is $40 in the console for tolls and food.

I also keep a stun gun and pepper spray on me. That's more for any situation that should arise where someone is mad/drunk/high/crazy enough to attack me. I can handle myself and don't scare easy but Im not interested in getting an assault charge. The stun gun is to give me time to get out of the car and then pepper spray is in case whoever is in the car decides to follow me. If some sh*t goes down in my car and turns physical I'm outta there. Maybe back in the day when I was younger I would have effed someone up (or attempted to lol) for trying me but not anymore. I know of a guy who did 3 years because a guy started swinging at him in front of a bar and he clocked the dude, and the dude hit his head on the curb and died. It wasn't an Uber situation, just a standard bar fight but still.

Having said all that Im still only under 200 rides but I haven't been in any type of situation yet where I've felt even remotely unsafe. I've picked up some rough looking characters but they were just trying to get from point A to point B and I never felt like I was being sized up.

20. I carry $200 in cash and no cards with me. I fill up ahead of time before going out. I'll gladly get shaken down for $200 if I live.

But if you had shot him in the face, would you have tried for a cleaning fee? Bodily fluids pay the most!