• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Music

Kitten

I never know if I should offer to play music. ..The times that I do I always ask if they have a preference ,rockrock ,metal ,etc. .Response is always"o whatever you're into"..ya sure about that? ..how do ya feel about Slipknot ?

Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've gotten excellent service and great conversation which I found funny since I'm not the most loquacious of people... O and one complaint about my professionalism .

Uber's Guber

I've gotten excellent service and great conversation which I found funny since I'm not the most loquacious of people... O and one complaint about my professionalism .
Loquacious….
I like that word loquacious. Apparently, you do have a professional background, paralegal perhaps? The word Loquacious is an adjective often used during legal proceedings.
Remember, within this forum you are dealing with us Uber drivers, many who lack adequate skills concerning the English language. We don’t want to lose anybody, so in this forum, it’s more appropriate to describe somebody being loquacious as a person who “suffers from diarrhea of the mouth.”
:biggrin:

Macaque

92.3 playlist on spotify 20% volume... normie music. 0 complaints. Once in a blue moon theyll ask for rock or something different. But unless requested, shut the @@@@ up and listen to this 30 seconds to mars bullshit.

Once ur done with the fare, play ur own till the next one

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Lately I do the following Pandora stations:

- Jackson Browne for males on their morning commute
- Baker Street for females on their morning commute
- Feel it Still for 20- and 30-somethings
- Running Down a Dream for middle age plus males in the afternoon or evening
- Africa (Toto) for females or mixed groups in the afternoon/evening
- Don't Stop til you Get Enough for African Americans

- Getting Jiggy With It for late night young ish crowd sometimes (it's hard to find a fun rap station without a lot of swear words unless pax ask for something specific)

Yes, I totally profile people based on age, sex, race, socioeconomic status, etc. I can usually predict this pretty closely by the name, pickup location, and time of day.

edgar10841

I use to care about my pax now i dont give a u know what about them. I used to have water and candy for them then I realize they don't care they never tip and badges and compliments aren't going to pay my bills so now I just get them from point A to point B no aux cord no can you turn up the music louder they will listen to what I like and and all I will do is turn the music down if they want

Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I use to care about my pax now i dont give a u know what about them. I used to have water and candy for them then I realize they don't care they never tip and badges and compliments aren't going to pay my bills so now I just get them from point A to point B no aux cord no can you turn up the music louder they will listen to what I like and and all I will do is turn the music down if they want
I like you lol.

theLaw

In my experience, requests for music have always been:

1. At night - never while driving during the day

2. From women - never men

3. Under the age of 30 - never older

Controlling a driver's music is one of those Uber/Lyft fantasy's like making $100,000/year. It's possible, but there are just too many practical hurdles for it to work for most people.

Terri Lee

Playing DJ in the car is kind of my thing.
But only if the pax is going to be there over 10 minutes.
Usually I'll have on the Sirius "Spa" station; people almost always like that, "It's relaxing".
But, a hundred other things can happen.
If you're from India I have a Bollywood playlist.
Africa, I've got that covered.
Jazz, Country, Classic Rock.
Rap, got old and new on Sirius. It's got a good beat and you can dance to it. The language is appalling, and I'm old enough that kids are hesitant to ask me for it; but if that's their preference, I gladly play it.
If you're from Houston I put on DJ Screw, it always cracks them up and makes them happy because it's NOT what they would think I would have.
Of course many pax are doing their own thing with earbuds; music or a podcast.
Or they're on the phone or visiting with their friends in the car.
I read plenty of "Point A to Point B" comments; or "I'll play what I like".
You go right ahead.
I'll savor my dozens of memories of passengers really treasuring what they heard, and leaving nice comments about it.

Reactions: mch

Squirming Like A Toad

Hey maybe we can write and record our own pop songs for the kids:

[Girl]
I wish on a star
I sleep in my car
It makes my skin glow
It makes my skin glow
And I masturbate at my window

[Guy]
Some N-Mother-F went and had my car towed
And I use some silly words and make you think they're gang code
Now I'm doing 20 years, with a heavy load
And I'm gonna win a Grammy cause I'm Squirming Like A Toad

[Together]
I wish on a star
(N-Mother-F)
I sleep in my car
(N-Mother-F) [coda]

See how easy it is?

#professoruber

D64CA8C9-AB3B-4F6D-9BF4-87FE9744DD38.png
The elusive badges....

My music is always low (barely audible) but if a Rider requests, I hand them my tablet and tell them to have at it.

At that this point, I flip on my amp/subs so they can really feel it.

Once had a hottie make a request and she was squirming in her seat since my subs are installed under the seats. I won’t go into detail or post the video....