Multiple stops

jlong105

Thanks. This made me sick to my stomach!

Sorry trip is ending for any shopping escapades. My rule is up to 5 minutes and it will not change with this feature.
The app says the rider knows stops should not last for more than three minutes. So you get an extra $.66 for waiting at two stops. Or a 1 star rating if you leave them...

KMANDERSON

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is the 180 days of change.

Thanks. This made me sick to my stomach!

Sorry trip is ending for any shopping escapades. My rule is up to 5 minutes and it will not change with this feature.
This is uber pool without the extra passangers.This going to be horrible at bar closing.Uber version of Taco bell mode.

The Uber blog says the passenger knows it is limited to 3 mins but does not say it is enforced.

Wondering if you can complete the ride midstream or have to cancel. And what will the effect be on payment, rating, etc.
That the same uber that says you will make more money after they lower fares.Uber the same with our without travis.

Don'tchasethesurge

This new CEO is horrible! Making lyft look better. Here I thought taco mode was bad... but a few combined bad news from uber are making taco mode less tragic

Reactions: MHR

KMANDERSON

This new CEO is horrible! Making lyft look better. Here I thought taco mode was bad... but a few combined bad news from uber are making taco mode less tragic
Lol lyft?lyft is the most corrupt out all them.The only decent gig economy job to drive for is amazon flex.

HotRodriguez75

The app says the rider knows stops should not last for more than three minutes. So you get an extra $.66 for waiting at two stops. Or a 1 star rating if you leave them...
Good to know! I will definitely be communicating that you have three minutes for each stop. If they try to negotiate more time, I will set the expectation that I will end the trip and move on if they exceed the 3 minutes.

I will be devils advocate on this. I appreciate Uber took the time to understand the drivers and set some sort of expectation. It is my understanding that Lyft doesn't have this expectation (not a Lyft user or driver).

As a driver, it is my responsibility to manage my rides, not Uber. If a rider exits my vehicle expecting to be at stop greater than 3 minutes, it my ignorance for not setting the correct expectation. I have always had a rule that I am willing to stop for up to 5 minutes so this just reinforces it. Once the rider hears that it is not profitable for me to wait and I give them the calculation of $.08 per minute X 60 minutes = $4.80 per hour and I don't work for $4.80 hour. They usually agree to tip me for my time or say they will request another ride.

Cary Grant

I've been dinged three times in the last week by Sofa King We Tall Dids who got bent when I told them I would not wait while they went in and ordered food from a non-drive thru restaurant. The look on one mental midgets face was one of pure contempt. I immediately told him his behavior was unacceptable, and I will put him on the curb right then and there if he did not grow up instantly, and then reminded him that the camera adds 10 pounds. His face became serene, and he shut his pie hole, but he 1-starred me anyway. Dooshfookingbag. I have ways of dealing with these types.

My high income / highly educated clients get it when I say "opportunity cost." It's the low-brow under-educated product of crappy public high schools who cannot do math that fail this test of life. And frankly, I don't give a gorram. They can suck a giant horse phallus to completion. I'm not waiting for $4.80 per hour, less the cost of fuel and other expenses, less the OPPORTUNITY COST of earning $20-30+ per hour with the next passenger. That's often putting me more than $20 per hour IN THE HOLE.

So, my operational plan will continue to 1-star any passenger that asks for me to make one or more stops during prime driving hours, especially if they give me any negative feedback. Exceptions will be those who offer cash up front, without me having to negotiate it out of them. I'll wait 5 minutes for $5.

I'm going to be adding some opportunity cost explanation to my tip sign this week.

I think the problem isn't Uber, at least not alone. It's the legions of somnambulant ants that have no backbone, who themselves fail to stand up to pax when they make absurd requests that destroy profit. It's the lack of consistency on our parts that has created these entitled bastiges. Even if Uber sent them all an email telling them how to behave, we all know most never read those emails. It's on us to educate passengers. We need to be good Ferengi!

HotRodriguez75

I think the problem isn't Uber, at least not alone. It's the legions of somnambulant ants that have no backbone, who themselves fail to stand up to pax when they make absurd requests that destroy profit. It's the lack of consistency on our parts that has created these entitled bastiges. Even if Uber sent them all an email telling them how to behave, we all know most never read those emails. It's on us to educate passengers. We need to be good Ferengi!
In short, drivers need to stop being wussies and manage their rides. Rider Behavior correction starts with the drivers not Uber.

Just like riders, drivers will not read this and continue driving like idiots and complaining about the features that are being added/removed from the app.

As I always say, I earn my 1*'s. At least I know that I earned them.

KMANDERSON

In short, drivers need to stop being wussies and manage their rides. Rider Behavior correction starts with the drivers not Uber.

Just like riders, drivers will not read this and continue driving like idiots and complaining about the features that are being added/removed from the app.

I think we need to use the no thanks button like the drivers use to use Acro to create surge.

Last edited:

Cary Grant

Yep. I earn my 1-stars. The next driver benefits from my sacrifice.

HotRodriguez75

I think we need to use the no thanks button like the drivers to us Acro to create surge.
I think they figured that out. Uber has fine tuned the surge which is respectable. Between boosts, quests, text notifications, and fine-tuning their algorithms to know drivers in the area, I think it all comes down to staying offline. I think Uber knows that a large percentage of drivers will just drive and take the bait. I also think that Uber tracks drivers that are offline with the app open and count them into the algorithm. You can go take a piss at the airport anymore and miss the surge these days.

If I was a analyst or in product development for Uber, which I am in this field of work, I would be raising these questions to determine available drivers and minimize the surge.

ScubaMark

This will be no change for me. I accommodate 1 stop on the way for 5 mins only. I tell them that upfront when they ask and I’ll complete the ride and move on. Never stopped to explain the numbers, I just say I have to keep moving to pay the bills. But then I don’t really get asked that much either.

Don'tchasethesurge

But now you may get asked much more... pax will think we must do it... I still remember this @@@@@@@ pax who thought that because lyft had Taco Bell mode advertised I would do Taco Bell at 1:30 am before the 2 am surge. It will get worse

Reactions: MHR