Multiple Drivers in an area. Who gets picked first?

stevebzzzzz

Greetings,

I'm pretty new at this driver thing. I know that If I go to an Airport in my area, I am placed in a queue, and the app usually tells me how long I will have to wait, which gives me an idea of my position in the queue.

However, what if I go to the mall, and there are several drivers already there, how does that work? Does it go by who is closest to the PAX (Which sort of seems unfair to the drivers that have been waiting around)? Or does it go to the driver who has been waiting the longest?

For example, I activated my rider app on one phone, and it showed me a driver about five minutes away from me. He's been there awhile. I activated my driver app on the other phone. I then requested a pickup from my rider phone, and it picked ME, not the other driver in the area. This seems sort of unfair.

So how does this work in malls and other places besides airports?

Thanks,

Steve

stevebzzzzz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That sort of sucks,

So if I'm sitting in the mall parking lot for 30 minutes , and some other driver just shows up and drives right by the front entrance, and if someone requests a ride at that moment, he'll get the fare? Maybe I'll just park my car on the sidewalk upfront LOL...

Disgusted Driver

That sort of sucks,

So if I'm sitting in the mall parking lot for 30 minutes , and some other driver just shows up and drives right by the front entrance, and if someone requests a ride at that moment, he'll get the fare? Maybe I'll just park my car on the sidewalk upfront LOL...
Dude, Uber sort of sucks, period.

If you are going to play the game then know the rules. Sometimes it works for you sometimes not. Try sitting in the handicapped spots right out front if you want to sit and wait at the mall.