Mt Vernon

Nobszone

what is going on out there ? I got 7 rides and each being a person(or group) of people offering some sort of over tipping scam. Like come on lyft. This is getting out hand. Def' can't wait to start Uber. Just doing this in my down time. I swear people try to scam anything!

Mr_Frenchie

what is going on out there ? I got 7 rides and each being a person(or group) of people offering some sort of over tipping scam. Like come on lyft. This is getting out hand. Def' can't wait to start Uber. Just doing this in my down time. I swear people try to scam anything!

It's a scam where you drive the pax with a stolen CC. He/she will ask for half the trip ride in cash. You can run up the bill by driving them anywhere you want.

Let say the ride came out to $100. He/she wants $50.

I have seen a Juno ride that was over $1000.

Nobszone

Yeah that's bullshit. I'm staying clear from that. Not trying to get caught up with that. Just annoys me because Soon as I go online it seems like every ping is from that area. Causing my acceptance rate to be extremely low. Keep in mind I start my day off in Yonkers when I do my couple of hours.

Jamal319

To make it simple I dont pick up at all in mt vernon nope not happening. Got caught up in that mess also then figured out what the hell they was doing out there. Its alot of them out there who do it.

Irishjohn831

I'm glad someone brought this up, I went to Mt. V and some guy stood looking out the window on his front door, then he came out and just stood 2 feet from my car and wouldn't respond or look at me when I asked if he called for a lyft.

When I pulled out 5-0 had passed by, maybe that was the issue. I canceled the call and never went back to Mt. Vernon.

It's a scam where you drive the pax with a stolen CC. He/she will ask for half the trip ride in cash. You can run up the bill by driving them anywhere you want.

Let say the ride came out to $100. He/she wants $50.

I have seen a Juno ride that was over $1000.
So they drag you into the scam ? I'm sure they are understanding if you say I don't have, not giving cash back as it's against policy.

Big man xl

A LYFT driver is the reason my cousin is in the hospital now! The LYFT driver blew the red light while looking down on his phone and totaled my cousin car. I found out earlier that the lyft driver was rushing to a request and that he is one of the driver's that a group from the projects use to send on ghost rides to run up money!

And from what im hearing it's not cc fraud. They found a way of tricking LYFT system into unlimited rides. I will find out very shortly the town is to small. I won't even cut the LYFT app on until im out of westchester. No matter where you're at you will get a mount vernon request on a 100-400% prime. My acceptance rate is 30% and now im getting e-mail telling me to go off line after I've told LYFT 4 times that I keep having issues with these kids in mount vernon and it's no way they can afford these rides. LYFT never responded not one time out of 4 e-mails.

Irishjohn831

Sorry to hear about your cousin, who would rush to this scam.

Guy who hit your cousin is obviously an idiot, may also be the catalyst to end this scam when they find out driver may be part of it.

micael

Hi, can you please tell me how that scam works? i see that in mt vernon is red almost all the time.

Irishjohn831

However they are working it, apparently people in Mt. Vernon are requesting a multitude of rides with Lyft.

They are taking long rides and running up charges on either stolen credit cards or figured out a glitch in some part of Lyft (allegedly).

The rider is picked up at a high percentage increase and in some cases negotiates with alleged drivers who may be dumb enough to give cash in leui of a big, on the spot tip on rope of the expensive ride.

That's how I'm understanding it, I don't accept anymore trips in Mt. Vernon when the demand is high.

micael

Thank you for the info. Tomorrow i plan to do uber and lyft, and i was planning to go to mt vernon because it was red for few days, but now i know the issue. Thanks

Irishjohn831

I accepted call in Mt. V today to see what the deal was.

Two teeenagers get in my car and cance the trip, even though I hit pick up first, this was on s 3rd Ave

Kid gets in the car, I said you have no destination, kid goes pull right by that house so we can put one in.

I say where are you going, kid says waiting on three more friends to come. I threw my car in reverse, kid goes where you going, I said stop here.

I backed up fast and said I'm dropping you right back where I picked you up so you can get out of my car, I have to pick my daughter up at school and that's my destination since you don't have one.

Skinny teen and his boy try to act hard, I said you can say what you want, get out of my car and do it on the sidewalk, I said you dragged me 15 mins for this nonsense, kid said oh sorry yo.

His name was josh

Jamal319

How you know his name? Those guys use alot of fake profiles over there they create new ones on the daily. I have met about 6 of them until i learned no more mt vernon.

Big man xl

How you know his name? Those guys use alot of fake profiles over there they create new ones on the daily. I have met about 6 of them until i learned no more mt vernon.
I accepted call in Mt. V today to see what the deal was.

Two teeenagers get in my car and cance the trip, even though I hit pick up first, this was on s 3rd Ave

Kid gets in the car, I said you have no destination, kid goes pull right by that house so we can put one in.

I say where are you going, kid says waiting on three more friends to come. I threw my car in reverse, kid goes where you going, I said stop here.

I backed up fast and said I'm dropping you right back where I picked you up so you can get out of my car, I have to pick my daughter up at school and that's my destination since you don't have one.

Skinny teen and his boy try to act hard, I said you can say what you want, get out of my car and do it on the sidewalk, I said you dragged me 15 mins for this nonsense, kid said oh sorry yo.

His name was josh
This is the dummy that ran into my cousin ess1504734245446.jpg ess1504734285407.jpg

This is the dummy that ran into my cousin ess1504734245446.jpg ess1504734285407.jpg
Old guy in 60s that these kids use to make these fake runs because they know he has a drug addiction.

Finley2053

Not all these high prime time rides in mt Vernon are scams . i did a 6 Mile ride with couple stops for a legit rider and got overc$70 at 350 pct prime. Of course I know there are slot of scams in area I accept them and most cancel so acceptance rate not affected. These kids drive up fares for legitimate riders.

Mr_Frenchie

To me a couple stops in the hood means a drug run.

Drug dealers love Uber and Lyft.

Be careful out there.

I have done worse ghetto in jersey. Makes Mt. Vernon look like Beverly Hills.

You say to yourself " man this in New Jersey? looks like Iraq"

Bruticus

I had a request tonight it had a weird name I dreaded to decline it but I took it. The guy got in my car and told me "You do round trips?" I said nope you gotta request another Uber driver once I complete the trip. So he was on the phone with a female and I over heard her say when you get close I will request another Uber. I didn't think of it that much he requested me as Uberxl after reading the responses in this thread I am going to try and just avoid Mt Vernon altogether.

Irishjohn831

I had a request tonight it had a weird name I dreaded to decline it but I took it. The guy got in my car and told me "You do round trips?" I said nope you gotta request another Uber driver once I complete the trip. So he was on the phone with a female and I over heard her say when you get close I will request another Uber. I didn't think of it that much he requested me as Uberxl after reading the responses in this thread I am going to try and just avoid Mt Vernon altogether.

Are they scamming uber as well ? I wasn't sure if you picked him up doing Lyft or uber.

Bruticus

Are they scamming uber as well ? I wasn't sure if you picked him up doing Lyft or uber.
I am a new Uber driver, however me being from the Bronx I am very cautious about Mt Vernon and I plan to avoid it altogether at that time of night. I dont know what he was up too, I did find it odd that the person he was on the phone with was going to hail another driver. As soon as I got him to his destination I went offline and headed home for the night.