MT-Data Direct Link To ATO

Beepbeep41

From the 1st of October MT-Data will be directly linked to the ATO making life easy for Taxi drivers. Drivers earnings details will be auto uploaded.
IMG_0606.JPG

Sameshiftdiffday

BB - read your ato link, it is the same as it always has been. Where did you get your information ??

What happened to you to cause so much hate ?

Beepbeep41

ATO is also targeting the taxi industry as there has been a recent law suit of discrimination by a big player in the rideshare industry

the exodus of ride share driver will only intensify now that tax and gst become obligatory. before Uber the taxi industry paid 1 billion a year in federal and state taxes. love to see what the ride share industry pays.

AvengingxxAngel

the exodus of ride share driver will only intensify now that tax and gst become obligatory. before Uber the taxi industry paid 1 billion a year in federal and state taxes. love to see what the ride share industry pays.
Wouldn't be as much since the taxi industry makes way more money than rideshare

Beepbeep41

Please supply link to confirm?

QLDUberDriver

Too many people losing jobs and needing to work, for anything to affect Ubers sign up numbers. Especially new Australians with hardly any chance at getting the lowest labor jobs is going to love the guaranteed go ahead to make peanuts.

Where to Mister?

the exodus of ride share driver will only intensify now that tax and gst become obligatory.
Income tax has always been obligatory.
GST registration and payment by rideshare drivers has been obligatory since 2015.
It is just recently that the ATO has begun their targeted data-matching.

As all Partner payments are made to Australian bank accounts, the ATO will examine all payments from Uber to bank accounts to cross-reference GST and income tax declarations. This is what they do, and they’re very good at it.

Wouldn't be as much since the taxi industry makes way more money than rideshare

let's talk about market share Vs. percentage of industry tax... if Uber is to be believed, then they have 25% of the point to point market share. meaning that at the very least ride share should be paying the equivalent of 250 million $ a year in federal and state taxes.

i doubt ride share is playing anything near that.

Golfer

Well I think it was Avengingangel who mentioned, Gold Coast taxis have enough drivers.
Now it appears Black & White at Albion no longer need drivers .The big sign Taxi Drivers Wanted has been removed ,at the Albion Taxi Base.
And only 1 cab in the yard, and that was probably there for a service.

I have a gut feeling the taxis have withstood the onslaught
Oh and by the way it appeared business as usual, their not moving

ST DYMPHNA son

I hate uber stooges and have one in front of my eyes.
uber never before they lost the case in court told any driver about GST obligations,never :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
And as for a "Partner"-am I the only one who feels "r#@ted" by Partner without consent?????????

Well I think it was Avengingangel who mentioned, Gold Coast taxis have enough drivers.
Now it appears Black & White at Albion no longer need drivers .The big sign Taxi Drivers Wanted has been removed ,at the Albion Taxi Base.
And only 1 cab in the yard, and that was probably there for a service.

I have a gut feeling the taxis have withstood the onslaught
Oh and by the way it appeared business as usual, their not moving

Yes mate things have improved. This time last year hundreds of taxi leases were available and they're all been taken up. In fact, at yellows there's over a hundred people waiting in line for the next available plates and a good proportion of those they tell me are ex Uber drivers. We're talking about guys that have never driven a cab until they left Uber. Of course no one surprised since we all know of the horror stories coming out.

... you are correct in describing Uber's entry as an onslaught. It certainly hurt a lot of family businesses and drivers. They suffered all to appease our politicians weaknesses and Uber's greed. But the industry is resilient and we have a few surprises in the not so distant future that should together with new regulations and gst and tax obligations put the brakes on Uber and other similar cowboy outfits.

Best advise I can give you drivers that enjoy driving and being social at the same time is to give taxis a go. Being a driver is more rewarding.

No ratings... No car expenses... no devaluation of your vehicle... and above all more safety and a being treated better.

BTW I enjoy reading all your posts, cheers

Where to Mister?

I hate uber stooges and have one in front of my eyes.
You’re at it again.
uber never before they lost the case in court told any driver about GST obligations,never
Just because Uber did not tell their drivers does not mean that the obligation does not exist; the law always says it’s not a defence to not know the rules. Personally, I think they should be telling their drivers what their obligations are, and should have been doing this from day one.