MPLS. POLICE WARN ABOUT RIDESHARE GROPING INCIDENTS

BurgerTiime

http://www.kare11.com/mobile/articl...bout-rideshare-groping-incidents/89-478148625

Police warn about rideshare groping incidents:
NEWS
Minneapolis police are asking people using Uber and Lyft to use caution after a recent series of incidents involving drivers touching passengers inappropriately.
Author: Ivory Hecker

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minneapolis police are asking people using Uber and Lyft to use caution after a recent series of incidents involving drivers touching passengers inappropriately.

In the last two weeks, four different Uber and Lyft passengers called police saying they'd been sexually groped by their rideshare driver, according to Minneapolis police Sgt. Catherine Michal.

Three of the four people who were groped were sitting in the front seat at the time of the assault, said Michal.

Two of the gropings happened in Uptown, one was Downtown near Target Field, and the fourth incident was in southeast Minneapolis near the University of Minnesota, said Michal.

"The person that is getting the ride has either been intoxicated or has had alcohol in their system or has been distracted due to other things that are going on in their personal life," said Michal of the four recent incidents.

The victims include three women and a man, said Michal. Now police are trying to determine whether the cases involve the same suspect.

"The descriptions that have been given have been a black male, mid 20s, early 30s, and/or a Somali male," said Michal.

Police say if caught, the suspect will face criminal sexual conduct charges.

Police say they hope Uber and Lyft passengers will use a few safety precautions to prevent a similar incident.

"We appreciate that people aren't drinking and driving and that they're taking a ride, but if you're by yourself, we definitely recommend that you sit in the back seat, and if you're with other people, always stick together," said Michal.

Both Uber and Lyft put their drivers through a background check that includes a motor vehicle record review as well as a criminal background check. Drivers for both Uber and Lyft must have a criminal record that is free of felony, violent crime, or sexual offense within the last seven years.

To report a safety incident to Lyft, click here.

To report a safety incident to Uber, click here.

If you believe a crime has been committed during you rideshare experience call 911.

TimyTim

Add this to the long list of never-ending Uber problems. And to think, this prob doesn't even make it a top concern at the moment.

TimyTim

I saw a documentary on Somalia and how they were so displaced and came from such horror. Yes unfortunate but they also pointed out many used false documents or had none at all and were gang leaders.
Some were accused of killing thousands and even their own people.
No vetting process and then we gave them a place to live. Many moved to Minnesota and they even have an area called Somali Town.
Crime in Minneapolis shot through the roof.
Ice had to open an entire department right in Minneapolis to keep on eye on them. They've caught many funding ISIS. Even a boy that was on that bridge collapse was given $80k as part compensation and was caught funding Islamic Terror Groups.
Minneapolis has serious problems with them. Sad cause I know many are trying to do right and a few are ruining it for the entire group.
Yet it has to be addressed. They need a better vetting process. No doubt!

A Somali Pirate !

( "look at me. I am the Uber Driver Now!")

JimKE

Given their recent history, it would seem that the Minneapolis Police Department would have more pressing issues on their plate.

NUBER-LE

Had a guy try to offer me sexual services, he tried to touch my leg I was like WTF GTFO of my car. Reported him to UBER, working the gay clubs is rough

SuzeCB

Wouldn't it be pretty easy to find out who they are by contacting Lyft and Uber? They know the PAX so they can trace the driver to the trip.
Don't even have to contact Uber. The license plate number is on the pax's receipt. Police can run a license plate and find out an identity. All they have to do is compare the license plate numbers to find out if it's the same person.

It sounds to me as if there are a few pax's out there trying to get free rides, and maybe some extra money on the side.

NHDriver

Don't even have to contact Uber. The license plate number is on the pax's receipt. Police can run a license plate and find out an identity. All they have to do is compare the license plate numbers to find out if it's the same person.

It sounds to me as if there are a few pax's out there trying to get free rides, and maybe some extra money on the side.
dash cam, dash cam, dash cam, dash cam. Did I leave anything out?