got a 63 plate now, 40MPG?
tried all the petrol stations?

Sure diesels get around same MPG?!

Fazi

MPG issue

Which car?? If it’s Prius should be getting at least 50 mpg try driving in Eco mode mine 2011 Prius

UberLuxbod

My 1.7CDTI averages 50-55 in the city and 75 on the motorways, either you guys are all driving 3.0's or you have lead in your feet.

Over the last 5k I have averaged 34mpg in the S Class.

But I never turn the AC off and never use Stop/Start.

There must be something wrong with a Prius doing 40mpg.

Have you ever used any additives?

Cataclean is good especially on cars used round town, cleans the Cat and the sensors.

I personally use Redex and a DPF cleaner every few months.

Volkswaber

MPG issue

Check your tyres!...by the way 40mpg for a 2.0 diesel in rush hour is pretty normal as because you are burning fuel while stuck in the traffic. Also each time you depart from a traffic light you burn a lot of fuel in a short time and space that is why you get low mpg.
Considering London is f***d with non sense traffic lights everywhere...that's what you can get driving in the city.

UberLuxbod

Check your tyres!...by the way 40mpg for a 2.0 diesel in rush hour is pretty normal as because you are burning fuel while stuck in the traffic. Also each time you depart from a traffic light you burn a lot of fuel in a short time and space that is why you get low mpg.
Considering London is f***d with non sense traffic lights everywhere...that's what you can get driving in the city.

I think he has a Prius.

moe786x

Will put Redex in tonight and pump tyres up
40 is terrible.
I am expecting atleast 48-53mpg.
Saying that It’s 6 years old with 160k on the clock maybe due to age and mileage it takes more?

defector

40 is terrible.
Saying that It’s 6 years old with 160k on the clock maybe due to age and mileage it takes more?
Have you had it serviced recently?
You would be surprised how a change of air filter can make a dfference, worth a try at about a tenner.
Keep an eye on the temperature gauge (if it has one, i know a lot of modern cars don't), because if a car is running cool, the ecu makes the fuel mixture richer until the engine is at normal temperature.

Jason01

40 is terrible.

Get the batteries checked...

The hybrid ones in the boot perhaps a few of the cells have worn.

Fostel

I just made 285 miles on 32 l of petrol (40 mpg). That works at 7 l per 100km opposed to usual 6 l. The only difference is that I am using air condition 90% of the time and doing long stops between trips with the system READY.