• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Moving to the Atlanta area.

TheRush

Well I am currently working in the winston-salem, nc market with uber and lyft.
My main nights are the weekends and mostly the wake forest collage crowd.
We are putting the house on the market and moving just north of atlanta. And I would like to keep up the extra weekend income. Is uber or lyft more popular in the the area?
Is the market over saturated with drivers?
I have an older honda pilot so I would do any airport runs, here in NC we dont have the 2010 restriction so I am going to the airport weekly.
What are the rates in atlanta? Is it worth driving on the weekends? How's the safety in the city anyone ever had any problems?
And and other information , tips, or comments you would like to send me, or if you just want to share a coffee one night between calls. If you dont want to post hit my inbox.
Thanks for the help in advance.

pjrxj

Welcome on your pre move to ATL. It would be easier for you look through this forum for answers to your questions. They're a lot of helpful (and NON helpful ) tips here.

TheRush

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
how about HOA's
anyone have problem with not being allowed into gated communities?
or just at home and not allowed to wash and detail your car there?
we are looking at moving north of atlanta so woodstock ish area.

negeorgia

Is uber or lyft more popular in the the area?
Is the market over saturated with drivers?

What are the rates in atlanta? Is it worth driving on the weekends? How's the safety in the city anyone ever had any problems?

I drive both so I don't know or care. Yes. Pathetic for X and POOL/Lyft and Line. Depends on surge and Promotions and length of trip and frequency of requests. Some have ended up dead, but most are OK.

Tippy711

I would stay in the Winston Salem market. The market in ATL is imploding with new drivers everyday. The rate here is . 60 cents per mile .096 per minute. It's even less when you do pool which seems to be all the rage amongst riders. You'll do good on weekends and suffer during the week. Driving for Uber is not a sustainable full time job. Remember 50 hours a week is not part time.

Uber 5 out of 5 stars you're perfect
4.5 out of 5 stars your deactivated

Smokenburn

Seems like the last month the requests have been plummeting for Uber. If you live in Woodstock you may want to check out Woodstock, Roswell, and Marietta areas. Those areas however have more "deadheading" since it's more spread out/suburbs.

UberPirateIPO

Truth... Why would anyone want to to come to the ATL? It's minimum wage everywhere, ample immigrant labor and cheapsters abound.

I just scored six months, 35,000 miles, and burned up the Uber Sonata lease. It had bare tires up front when I dropped it off at the dealer. After Uber deactivated me for my Uber Pirate videos I couldn't pay on the thing so I drove it to DC and back and tried Lyft part time ( better riders, just not enough) and after six weeks of non payment I decided to give it back.

I'm making more cash a day in a few hours than I would tooling around town on even the most busy Uber days. Get out of this trash if you can. Let the cheapsters ride the bus to work and take back your lives..

180 days of Uber change. Is that what they call it? Lol... Omg, I was in DC last week and they have little droids doing food delivery. It's just a matter of time...

The Uber Pirate speaks the truth.....

bdale86

Truth... Why would anyone want to to come to the ATL? It's minimum wage everywhere, ample immigrant labor and cheapsters abound.

I just scored six months, 35,000 miles, and burned up the Uber Sonata lease. It had bare tires up front when I dropped it off at the dealer. After Uber deactivated me for my Uber Pirate videos I couldn't pay on the thing so I drove it to DC and back and tried Lyft part time ( better riders, just not enough) and after six weeks of non payment I decided to give it back.

I'm making more cash a day in a few hours than I would tooling around town on even the most busy Uber days. Get out of this trash if you can. Let the cheapsters ride the bus to work and take back your lives..

180 days of Uber change. Is that what they call it? Lol... Omg, I was in DC last week and they have little droids doing food delivery. It's just a matter of time...

The Uber Pirate speaks the truth.....
Atlanta is one of the fastest growing large metros in the country, so apparently a lot of people disagree with you.

TheRush

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
looks like i will relocate to the canton area.
Any fellow drivers working that far north?
Any tip for a seasoned driver entering a new area?

IndianMoto

Too much traffic, too many drivers and drivers getting shot. Great place to move to. And we don't have any "collage" crowd either.

Harleyfxdx1

looks like i will relocate to the canton area.
Any fellow drivers working that far north?
Any tip for a seasoned driver entering a new area?
When you get moved in, sit down in your favorite easy chair, turn your app on and let the ride requests come to you.
It won't pay to chase rides from Canton = too many dead head miles.
If you don't get enough ride requests coming in to make any money from your easy chair ... then pack up and go back to where you came from.

I do uber and lyft part time, in additional to my main gig on the weekdays. On weekdays, If I CHOOSE to drive over night, I can score $100 from both combined, based on all the requests to take people to the airport from downtown atl, or the hotel district in cobb/marietta, during the 3:45-6:00 am hours, and other random late night after club ride requests, 11pm-3:30am. The weekends are really busy, and I can usually rack up $300 on the weekend, if I am focused. Otherwise, for casual driving for a few hours a day, expect to do about $25-$50 per day most days (assuming driving no more than 3 or 4 hours a day on the weekdays). Safety is definitely a concern in certain areas of town, and after midnight or during club hours. Fortunately, I have a double consciousness, so I can be the super nice guy, or the SCARY DONT MESS WITH ME guy on the turn of a dime, which usually gets me mostly hassle-free pick ups in almost all areas (read between the lines)

In addition, it is slower during the summer, and more requests during the school season from the influx of college students with no cars trying to get around.

Uberdude1021

I would stay in the Winston Salem market. The market in ATL is imploding with new drivers everyday. The rate here is . 60 cents per mile .096 per minute. It's even less when you do pool which seems to be all the rage amongst riders. You'll do good on weekends and suffer during the week. Driving for Uber is not a sustainable full time job. Remember 50 hours a week is not part time.

Uber 5 out of 5 stars you're perfect
4.5 out of 5 stars your deactivated
Is .60 before or after ubers take?