Moving to orlando

Ms.Danita

I am possibly moving to orlando next week. I drive uber now and wanted to know how simple its going to be to switch cities? Anyone know the process or how long it will take?

Ms.Danita

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome! It's going to be awesome. It's best to hang out on international drive and universal studios.
Thank you. Ok. Im having a bit of confusion as to switching between cities and what the requirements and sign up process is for orlando/central florida. Do you know any info?

Ms.Danita

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol hot to switch, do i have to switch over my license registration insurance and tags?

punkdali

If you are coming from another Florida city you don't need to do anything.

Orlando rates are pretty low, check em out.

uberestimator.com/cities/orlando

wk1102

I am possibly moving to orlando next week. I drive uber now and wanted to know how simple its going to be to switch cities? Anyone know the process or how long it will take?
Welcome! It's going to be awesome. It's best to hang out on international drive and universal studios.
Tne snail is a disgruntled cabbie, while I usually enjoy his wit and he seems like a decent little escargot, be leary of his advice.

Orlando has some of tne lowest rates in the Country. .65/.11 for X and $1.15/.20 for xl.

Shine'ola

Orlando rocks ! Pine Hills is the place ya wanna be or you can stack up with all the other surge killers on I drive , Universal, or just about anywhere, hey do you know any more Uber drivers that want to move to the worst played Uber city in the country? we need about 10,000 more so we can have 30,000 drivers? It cost more to drive in Orlando than you get paid but it's fun and the tips are included! Look forward to meeting you at the welfare line ! Good times !

Bob Reynolds

I'm not sure why you would ever want to do this in Orlando, but since you asked; here is how it is done:

1. You must register your vehicle in Florida and obtain a Florida driver's license.
2. You must contact Uber (through the app) and ask them to activate your account for Florida and deactivate it for Maryland.

Uber only lets you drive in one "market" at a time. The entire state of Florida is considered one market and once you are registered in Florida you can drive anywhere in Florida.

However, at this time, there isn't any rideshare insurance available in Florida from any insurance company that we know of. This means that you are operating illegally in Florida unless you have commercial taxi insurance. That may not be a problem is some places in Florida, but it also can be a problem in other places that start to enforce the vehicle for hire rules.

Last edited:

wk1102

I'm not sure why you would ever want to do this in Orlando, but since you asked; here is how it is done:

1. You must register your vehicle in Florida and obtain a Florida driver's license.
2. You must contact Uber (through the app) and ask them to activate your account for Florida and deactivate it for Maryland.

Uber only lets you drive in one "market" at a time. The entire state of Florida is considered one market and once you are registered in Florida you can drive anywhere in Florida.

However, at this time, there isn't any rideshare insurance available in Florida from any insurance company that we know of. This means that you are operating illegally in Florida unless you have commercial taxi insurance. That may not be a problem is some places in Florida, but it also can be a problem in other places that start to enforce the vehicle for hire rules.
Can't drive in Palm Beach , Broward or Dade with out an inspection.

autofill

So I drove 20 uber hours with 35 trips last week. Here's my paycheck:

Fare: $260
Surge: $30
Uber Fee: $70
Uber Booking Fee: $65
Toll: $10
Fuel Reward: $100

Paycheck: $130 for driving 20 uber hours or 30 my hours. This equals to $130/30hrs = $4.30/hr before car maintenance cost.

Good luck driving in Orlando. :smiles:

Mars Troll Number 4

Those are actually good parts of town to work a taxi late night

No one believes us but you can usually load faster grabbing a fare in Paramore than you can cruising downtown for street hails, even at 1:30-2:00 am.
Working the cabs it just so happens that enough cabs don't like working parts of town then there is demand for taxis there and you can make decent money (once the grocery stores and laundromats close)

Mars Troll Number 4

So I drove 20 uber hours with 35 trips last week. Here's my paycheck:

Fare: $260
Surge: $30
Uber Fee: $70
Uber Booking Fee: $65
Toll: $10
Fuel Reward: $100

Paycheck: $130 for driving 20 uber hours or 30 my hours. This equals to $130/30hrs = $4.30/hr before car maintenance cost.

Good luck driving in Orlando. :smiles:
To put that in perspective that's less than i made on any of the shifts i worked last week, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night.
In fact if i have $260 in revenue In a shift, I would walk with $165, the most expensive cab (with no airport fees) would net about $100