• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Moving to Orlando

Wonder3DUber

So I'm currently living in Miami and work Uber and Lyft full time and can make about 120$ a day on 8 to 9 hr shifts.
I use to live in the Winter Park area in Orlando and have been wanting to move back, rent here is insanely high and everything else is expensive, gas is at 2.51$ which is not bad.

Can someone please tell me on a serious note on an average day how much can you make working the same amount of hours, how are things with the law and city when it comes to Uber and Lyft

Shine'ola

if you thought $0.95 in Miami was bad try $0.75 in Orlando, that means you will have to do about 25% more time, miles to do the same amount, BTW Orlando is flooded with newbies

Ubercat12

Anybody driving for mears in sedan luxury division?
I am looking in to that but can find realistic money expectations.
Can anybody help please

So I'm currently living in Miami and work Uber and Lyft full time and can make about 120$ a day on 8 to 9 hr shifts.
I use to live in the Winter Park area in Orlando and have been wanting to move back, rent here is insanely high and everything else is expensive, gas is at 2.51$ which is not bad.

Can someone please tell me on a serious note on an average day how much can you make working the same amount of hours, how are things with the law and city when it comes to Uber and Lyft
Work the Orange Blossom Trail area.

Oh and wear something sexy.

roadrunner70

Anybody driving for mears in sedan luxury division?
I am looking in to that but can find realistic money expectations.
Can anybody help please
Right now is a slow time for that division, but they also lower the vehicle rental rates. They have low, mid and high season rates. They also have two divisions, white car and black car. White vehicles can work certain hotels and black cars work others. You spend most of your time waiting on hotel curbs for a fare or you wait at the airport. They also have reservations, what they call a "copy", and they give those to drivers waiting on hotel curbs. "Copies" are usually reservations at other hotels, restaurants or theme parks.

Within each division they have different vehicle models. They have sedans, SUV's, larger SUV's and vans. I have heard that during certain times of the year the van drivers mainly do Disney charters to the cruise terminals in Miami.

When it's busy, you can make ridiculous amounts of money. When it's slow, you sit in your car doing nothing. You have to wear a uniform with a long-sleeved jacket. It can get quite warm in that jacket.

The best thing to do is go in person and ask the questions you have. They are always looking for new drivers. I believe they also have a reduced rate for new drivers, so you are pretty much guaranteed to make money when you start.