• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Moving to NYC

salsaverde77

Hello all,
A recent opportunity has come up in my life to be able to move back to NYC, the only difference being that I work for Uber now. A cheap place with private parking. I drive in the D.C. region and am wondering what are the steps I have to take before moving their.

I currently have a 2014 Prius and am aware that I need to get a TLC license before I start driving their.
A couple of questions I have:

- When you pass the TLC course, do you get your license and plates at the same time?
- Can I take the test before moving their?
- Do I have to pay insurance for a TLC, if so how much? What if I already have insurance?
- Since I already have a car, I can just get TLC plates for that car, correct?

Any other information you guys could give me in the process you had to go through. Time and money isn't an issue so whatever info you can give helps.
Thanks

salsaverde77

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
$300 plus a week and includes insurance.
I just came across some of Uber's participating dealers that you can rent through that have plates and insurance included in the price. Does anyone do one of those, is that around a $400/week?

jerseyboys

I just came across some of Uber's participating dealers that you can rent through that have plates and insurance included in the price. Does anyone do one of those, is that around a $400/week?
I would go to an individual owner instead of dealers. Look on craigslist. TONS of TLC cars for rentals. $350 would get you a Camry. The defacto for NYC TLC Uber car.

salsaverde77

I would go to an individual owner instead of dealers. Look on craigslist. TONS of TLC cars for rentals. $350 would get you a Camry. The defacto for NYC TLC Uber car.
how much does tlc insurance run you, is that per week as well or per month. thanks

Mikemike88

I'm thinking about quitting even though I own my car with TLC plate

I can't imagine anyone making money with a rented car. It's virtually impossible now unless you really want to slave 7 days a week

salsaverde77

An opportunity to hate your life. NYC sucks for poor folks.

If you rich NYC its cool ....to visit:biggrin:....cuz of the night life but other than that NYC is ugly old over crowded expensive trash ....and F all its over regulated BS policies.
I hear most drivers in NYC average $1500/ week, if that's the case do you consider that poor?

theitalian

I hear most drivers in NYC average $1500/ week, if that's the case do you consider that poor?
You heard....correct. Did you have ever seen proofs.... statements? People vent a lot....and now many guys complaints. It's definitely from September 2016 that Uber is slow except a couple of days per year.

Ben321

You should look into renting out a Black on black Suburban i think i saw a deal for $450 recently somewhere so you can do higher end rides SUV/BLACK, you should even look up UberMike youtube page and he will get you going on how to make 1k invoice a day.

theitalian

You should look into renting out a Black on black Suburban i think i saw a deal for $450 recently somewhere so you can do higher end rides SUV/BLACK, you should even look up UberMike youtube page and he will get you going on how to make 1k invoice a day.
Stop trolling...you end up like your friend uberprodriver that promotes that predator rental called tower.