Moving To Connecticut ..

Inshur

Miroramzi

Hi UberPeople
How R U All

Well .. I'm planning to move soon to connecticut and i want to ask if somebody knows ..

Can i work with mu regular TLC plates in New York or i have to get connecticut Plates ?

Is the Rides Pay the same or little less ?

I can't afford living in NYC anymore and i found a nice apartment there ..

Any Advice in welcome ... thanks

Suism

Last I checked Connecticut drivers were fighting for a permanent 25% commission cap by Uber do if that goes through, you might end up with a nice pay that's adapted to the cost of living there. I'd recommend you renting out your TLC car to someone in NYC and buying a cheap used car for Connecticut driving.

jerseyboys

Do you want to do Uber in CT?

You need CT plates. The pay is much less. You can look at the rates.

If you keep the NY TLC plates. You will only get trips to NYC. No point to point. This is for Uber. Don't know anything about Lyft's policy.

Uber1010

Hi UberPeople
How R U All

Well .. I'm planning to move soon to connecticut and i want to ask if somebody knows ..

Can i work with mu regular TLC plates in New York or i have to get connecticut Plates ?

Yes but you have to pay some fee if you live in CT or new Jersey but if you want to drive in CT you don't need commercial insurance of. Taxi plate

theitalian

If you keep the NY TLC plates. You will only get trips to NYC. No point to point. This is for Uber. Don't know anything about Lyft's policy.
Did they finally change and give only nyc bound trips like NJ?

Big man xl

You're wrong. TLC drivers do point to point everyday in CT. Why I don't know but TLC can do point to point.
Post automatically merged:

Did they finally change and give only nyc bound trips like NJ?
No! Plenty of TLC drivers still do point to point in CT. You'll see a million TLC cars especially on friday and Saturday's. Also I've notice alot of TLC still doing point to point in Westchester country.

Miroramzi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're wrong. TLC drivers do point to point everyday in CT. Why I don't know but TLC can do point to point.
Post automatically merged:

No! Plenty of TLC drivers still do point to point in CT. You'll see a million TLC cars especially on friday and Saturday's. Also I've notice alot of TLC still doing point to point in Westchester country.
I don't know about that
I was doing a pickup at Westchester and i got a ticket a year ago .

Big man xl

I don't know about that
I was doing a pickup at Westchester and i got a ticket a year ago .
Didn't say it was legal. It's illegal in Westchester for TLC to do point to point but I see a lot of TLC doing it. Especially around the colleges on friday and Saturday nights. I guess they can't resist that 3x surge.

Prince*_*Charmin

I was in Connecticut last week and received a point to point trip within ct. On uber but new jersey I know for sure neither Uber or lyft does point to point there anymore.

Ubergaldrivet

Hi UberPeople
How R U All

The demand in CT is nothing compared to NYC. Do you mind waiting an hour for a ping?

Since CT is not a big vacation spot it is slow as the devil until the fall when kids go back to school. You will really need to work longer hours during the summer, but with a lot less traffic you might enjoy it.

Another plus is that most airport trips are under +45 because of the size of the state. So enjoy our slower pace, drive multiple apps and you can stay busy. Uber eats, GH and door dash also help with the dead times. Rents are cheaper, taxes and gas really expensive. Hope this helps. Our drivers usually drive in MA, more tourists during the summer. Maybe look for a place right in the middle.

Ubergaldrivet

Last I checked Connecticut drivers were fighting for a permanent 25% commission cap by Uber do if that goes through, you might end up with a nice pay that's adapted to the cost of living there. I'd recommend you renting out your TLC car to someone in NYC and buying a cheap used car for Connecticut driving.
You need CT plates to drive here.

Inshur New York