Moving on.

DexNex

Folks, let me be very blunt:

You need to move on from ride-share. If you haven't already made the permanent/temporary move to another income source, then you are behind thousands of others who have. There is no gain in taking short trips in your car from these pax.

I moved on from ride-share several weeks back, and I have not had a pax in my car for almost three weeks (only took one run one for those weeks).

That stated, I am moving on from this message board for the foreseeable future. I have nothing to add, and frankly, I just don't want to watch people who refuse to shift drown in their own pools of water. The government, nor Uber/Lyft, is not going to save you with a magic check.

These arguments over public health policy, economics, and geo-politics are stupid. You should be spending your time/energy on looking for new sources of income, staying healthy, and helping your immediate family to do the same. Otherwise, its just a waste of time.

I hope to see you all again in the Summer/Fall.

Till then, be healthy.

DexNex

Phill

You need to move on from ride-share. If you haven't already made the permanent/temporary move to another income source, then you are behind thousands of others who have. There is no gain in taking short trips in your car from these pax.

I moved on from ride-share several weeks back, and I have not had a pax in my car for almost three weeks (only took one run one for those weeks).

That stated, I am moving on from this message board for the foreseeable future. I have nothing to add, and frankly, I just don't want to watch people who refuse to shift drown in their own pools of water. The government, nor Uber/Lyft, is not going to save you with a magic check.

These arguments over public health policy, economics, and geo-politics are stupid. You should be spending your time/energy on looking for new sources of income, staying healthy, and helping your immediate family to do the same. Otherwise, its just a waste of time.

Till then, be healthy.

DexNex
Thank you for everything you've contributed thus far @DexNex Invaluable advice, knowledge and expertise. I've also been working on my exit strategy for a while as well but this situation was push into the deep end of the pool I needed.

Lurk as much as you want to but a break from here sounds like a good idea.

Amos69

Thanks bro, Over the last 30 months I have often posted and pointed to good to great paying jobs with benefits and security. Those days are gone now and anyone who scoffed and disconsidered them out of hand for the lure of rideshare freedom should....

Well anyways all grocery store chains and pharmacy chains are still hiring for a minute.

Good luck!

I do think RS is not dead but in six weeks you will be trying resurrect your former glory.

If you didn't have glory, then perhaps you should move to Namibia.

We are exiting the most prosperous time in USA history. If you didn't find traction there, perhaps sharpening your axe and heading to Alaska is an option.

Carry on.

Ballard_Driver

I'm actually kind of stoked about some of the stuff I've been lining up to replace my RS side cash... Even if I just tread water during this disaster, I will have actually benefited. If I end up bringing in even close to as much as I was with RS I'm going to be doing AWESOME when this is all over. I'm going to be buying rental properties, and although not in Seattle (Cuz NO THANKS), values have been inflated a fair amount basically everywhere the last few years. This will probably knock them back to more reasonable figures in the market I am planning on buying in. Gotta look for those silver linings!

Good luck Dex! And smart move not posting here. I hadn't for, what, years? Then I came back to scope a few things and find myself cracking out. LOL I need to disappear for another couple years myself...

freddieman

Its been a year since i ubered. I come back to the board for entertaining reads. Still miss driving on friday and saturday nights though.

Skinny1

Had to login to farewell the King of Rideshare. It was a good run, fun nights , met good people and we had some laughs. As the years went on it died slowly.... @DexNex is a good man. Robert hope you are all good and in good place!

To the folks here , I’ve enjoyed the laughs... lurking for the last year pretty much. @Amos69 has indeed time and time again tried to warn folks and advise them on better pastures.
Good Luck... and yes maybe after the summer ... maybe I will cruise my stomping grounds once again ... maybe

Ballard Driver , on your dreams of being a landlord.... I loathe what my bro will face with 6 properties and folks struggling .... it is not going to be pretty for landlords all over the place . Perhaps that dream for the small timers will soon die along with the AirbnB landlords also .. time will tell.

I always loved this line ... “Uber on ... Lyft Up”

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
I too popped back in from my recovery to wish you well @DexNex. We will see what becomes of the rideshare industry over the next few months, but maybe someday again you may decide to at dabble in the "Side Hustle."

Take care friend. :smiles:
Post automatically merged:

Tagging in your biggest fans so they can get a chance to say goodbye.

@Ian Richard Markham
@MadTownUberD

Ballard_Driver

Ballard Driver , on your dreams of being a landlord.... I loathe what my bro will face with 6 properties and folks struggling .... it is not going to be pretty for landlords all over the place . Perhaps that dream for the small timers will soon die along with the AirbnB landlords also .. time will tell.
Hey! I'm not one of those people who thinks owning properties is zero work and easy money. It's work, and a major pain sometimes. But if you're not a cry baby, are willing to deal with the BS, and in it for the long haul, it is a good way to invest. I trust real estate 10x more than the stock market. I won't be buying in the middle of this mess most likely, but after the worst of it is over and things are returning back to "normal." It sounds like the stimulus package will genuinely get most peoples asses out of the frying pan, but it could still be very rough during this pandemic for landlords, and the recession that follows. But afterwards it will return to being a solid business if you do it right and are in it for the long haul! I read/post on some real estate sites frequently, and people big into doing Airbnb properties are SCREWED right now.

Best of luck with all your goings on!

Dennyjo2016

Thank you, dex for all the valuable advice that helped my game over the last 5 years. As of 3 weeks ago, I also have moved on. Every good book needs a next chapter. Best of luck and stay healthy.

Dammit Mazzacane

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and glimpses of your tactical approach to rideshare with the rest of us, and for emphasizing how to operate professional driving as a bonafide business.

Luver-Boy

Till then, be healthy.

DexNex
Perfect timing and I couldn't agree more, in fact I think even after this is all over the economy won't be the same. Many will be fortune enough to go back to their regular jobs but for many others their jobs will be lost forever, I don't think many businesses will make it, the financial impact will be just too much to bear. I mean is not rocket science, is very clear that in the post COVID-19 era there will be many new regulations in place in every industry, therefore markets will change, people may chose to work remotely more than ever before. So the needs of the market will be different and industries will have to adapt to the new conditions. Very challenging times ahead folks for Rideshare but also new opportunities. The business model is going to be very different in the near future and for those that can ride the storm they'll reap the rewards but for those that can't...the time is now to jump ship.

Your tips and advice had been very helpful for a lot of us, the time you put into to share them is definitely appreciated. I for one lurk every now and then and post once in awhile, I just don't have a lot of time. I have to say that this forum helped me a lot in my early days of RS, saved me a lot headaches. Good luck in whatever you embark on, we hope to see you back.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Thanks for tagging me in @Lissetti . Yes it's true I am a big @DexNex fan! I love the way he takes driving so seriously and uses an analytical approach. And of course as you know I enjoy striving for ratings perfection.

Take care bud! I haven't driven in almost two weeks myself (the outbreak took a little longer to reach Wisconsin). Feel free to reach out via PM or, if you want to avoid UP totally, @Lissetti knows how to reach me.

Samman

If you have some money, do some day trading! you can do a 5% to 10% gain a day. They have short stock to play the Bear and Pot & Gold index for Bull. Try to regain some of your lost!
Post automatically merged:

tech index for for Bull runs! good way to go too

Last edited: