Moving from SD to OC or LA to Uber.

gohobatto

Currently deactivated for a 4.3 rating in San Diego. Was thinking about switching to drive in orange county or maybe LA for a month, if they have lower minimum driver ratings than San Diego which deactivates you below a 4.6. Any takers or helpful advice?

Yellowmamba24

If u don't mind me asking...Why is ur rating so low :eek: what kind of car do u drive
I would tell u to stay in ur city n start LYFTING

Colombiana_loca

Currently deactivated for a 4.3 rating in San Diego. Was thinking about switching to drive in orange county or maybe LA for a month, if they have lower minimum driver ratings than San Diego which deactivates you below a 4.6. Any takers or helpful advice?
I heard from a pax today he had to cancel a driver because he had a 3.45 rating... so my guess is yes you can drive in LA with a low rating..

Last edited:

gohobatto

I applied for lyft and got denied. I drive a 2014 Toyota Camry. Spotless DMV record. Clean background. My mistake was I raised it up from a 3.8 to 4.3 driving the morning and day crowd, but wasnt making any real money. I started driving the night people, made decent money, but most of them didnt rate or when they did, rated me poorly. Thus my rating leveled between 4.3 and 4.4 .

I heard from a driver today he had to cancel a driver because he had a 3.45 rating... so my guess is yes you can drive in LA with a low rating..
Is orange county and los angeles treated as the same region? I also noticed there were quite a bit of 4.0 give or take rated drivers in LA when i visited last time. Figured star rating minimum must vary between cities even in southern california.

Bpr2

I applied for lyft and got denied. I drive a 2014 Toyota Camry. Spotless DMV record. Clean background. My mistake was I raised it up from a 3.8 to 4.3 driving the morning and day crowd, but wasnt making any real money. I started driving the night people, made decent money, but most of them didnt rate or when they did, rated me poorly. Thus my rating leveled between 4.3 and 4.4 .

Is orange county and los angeles treated as the same region? I also noticed there were quite a bit of 4.0 give or take rated drivers in LA when i visited last time. Figured star rating minimum must vary between cities even in southern california.
Oc and la are different regions

SorryBluetoothOnly

Plenty of people work night shift and don't have 4.3 ratings. It's not just passengers. There's something else going on here that you're either not telling us or you're somehow not aware of yourself.

deadmile

Do you fart into a mason jar and put the green jar in your cabin filter??

RIchB_IV

I only drive nights, driven day once but that was because of a narly surge and the ride was to the airport which was another bonus.

Still have a 5.0 rating

Last edited:

Shakey Jake

what you guys know is what i know. as usual uber is incredibly vague even though they say otherwise.
You are in denial. I work Thur-Sun 5pm-3am and I have a 4.8+ on Uber and a 4.9+ on Lyft. I don't do anything special, and I do not even get out of the car to help them with luggage. You are doing something wrong and will not say it, or unaware of it.

It could be anything from your car smelling of cigarettes, to you driving like a manic, but you will get the same ratings in LA and OC that you get in SD unless you figure out what you are doing wrong.

mandreyka

Try not talking.... unless your car smells or is nasty inside my guess it's what comes out of your mouth.

You can take the 7X7 course or whatever it's called and get back on, LA market will be just as tough or tougher on your ratings.

Yellowmamba24

What was the reason behind u getting denied by LYFT?
My rating was 4.67...I got it up to 4.92
So I know u can get it up...
I was getting rated low because for a year I didn't use a car mount LOL I would have it on my hand or on my lap...
Since then, Its been good.
If I can get it up so u can...
U just need few weeks of 5s n it will go up by alot...Plus riders don't look at ratings much...:eek:

rudygti

You obviously are doing something wrong it's not the pax it's you. Stop living in denial find self awareness and grow from that. You must either be an @@@@@@@, a horrible driver, disgusting personal hygiene would be my guess

RogerJS

If you got deactivated in SD why would you think uber would activate you in LA ? Are you under the impression that each region is a separate company? Once your screwed your screwed

Pig Pen

I heard from a driver today he had to cancel a driver because he had a 3.45 rating... so my guess is yes you can drive in LA with a low rating..
That sounds loca.

So I know u can get it up...
...I would have it on my hand or on my lap...
...Since then, Its been good...
...If I can get it up so u can...
U just need few weeks....

:rolleyes: Your words not mine.

Maybe one of those blue pills can help

You obviously are doing something wrong it's not the pax it's you. Stop living in denial find self awareness and grow from that. You must either be an @@@@@@@, a horrible driver, disgusting personal hygiene would be my guess
So many assumptions. Take a ride with him and help him figure it out. Maybe he needs gold bond.

Do you fart into a mason jar and put the green jar in your cabin filter??
Seems that might help his ratings.