1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Moving from Part Time to Full Time Driver

Discussion in 'Melbourne' started by D-River, Jul 13, 2018.

1. D-River

D-River

Driving:
    UberX
    Hi good people of the Uber forum, you know who you are!

I am about to become (2 weeks) redundant from my normal full time job.

So for the time being I’m going to switch from part time driver to full time.

I’d love some advice on the best way to make a quid driving full time, any tips, and any not to do’s!

It’s not going to be long term.... unless it’s worthwhile doing it, but just a way to keep some money coming in while I find another job.

Especially interested in how many hour you think it would take to make $1000 a week.

I appreciate your feedback.

Cheers

D

george manousaridis and clmre like this.
  2. Tom2828

Tom2828

If its your only job why do you care about hours ?

My advice: register to all 4 rideshare companies and drive from Monday 4am as much hard as you can. By Wednesday or Thursday you'll hit your goal and you'll be free half of the week.

Sounds like a dream? Just try it.

3. Apollo

Apollo

Driving:
    UberX
    You can easily make a grand in under 5 non surge hours.:oops:

Seiko Obsession, Immoralized and U8er like this.
  4. Who is John Galt?

Who is John Galt?

Driving:
    UberX

Yes, thank you. :)

5. D-River

D-River

Driving:
    UberX
    Why do you and numerous others feel the need to utter sarcastic smart arses. Get a life!

Why do you and numerous others feel the need to utter sarcastic smart arses. Get a life!

Apparently you were being serious....
    I apologise Tom.
    What about Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, that’s where the money is isn’t it?

6. Apollo

Apollo

Driving:
    UberX
    Hey Richard i've got a good life.

7. clmre

clmre

:eek::(

8. Board

Board

Right, honestly. I've been in the game over 2 years now. Over 6000 trips. 4.95 rating.
    I've just quit full time driving, i don't even take my car out. Haven't today and yesterday.
    Full time driver, the last year has been a complete struggle and I'm living under $18000 a year now. I enjoy it and that's why i do it. I'm a bloke 45yo, i use a Commodore. Speak English
    But my honest advise, its ficked now.
    Do it full time, keep Appling for that job you really want.
    Don't enjoy it to much, because you will, then you go broke. Rideshare is ficked now

9. My advice is learn as we all did. On a serious side to clear $1000 a week you would need to gross around $1900 which you could easily do wrecking your car for 80 per week.

10. Board

Board

Hahaha and we don't even clear $1000 now in 7 days now.
    Rideshare reminds me of the most horrible thing you wouldn't go near in the pub when a barge poll.
    Not taking my car out anymore to wreck it, its become a joke.

Go weed gardens for $25 bucks an hour. Better than $9 a hour

DarkyStar and clmre like this.
  11. clmre

clmre

I dont think these are the answers he wants to hear but they sum up pretty well the reality of rideshare in Melbourne, could not have picked a worse time to start doing it full time :(

12. Board

Board

Ummm yep, i gave honest answers. Look at it, Australia wide, are we making money. Ummmm nope.
    May think you are if you have just arrived here.
    Hahaha sucker lol as they say. Go weed gardens you'll make more.
    You can turn down a job as a berry picker. They pay **** by the punnet.
    Its that bad now, they actually make more than we do. Its a waste of time

DarkyStar and clmre like this.
  13. Subaru_X

Subaru_X

Driving:
    UberX
    My advice:

Run Uber, Ola and DiDi at the same time. Work all three platforms but give preference to DiDi and Ola - they pay more and you can see the destination in the request. Don’t bother with Taxify - it is dead.

If you are in the CBD or one of the party areas during peak - NEVER accept Uber pings unless there is Crazy surge. Wait for valuable DiDi and Ola long distance pings.

DaUber and clmre like this.
  14. By logging on to 3 platforms your giving passengers a choice which then lowers the prices, the race to the bottom here we come.

Lowestformofwit, joffie and clmre like this.
  15. Tom2828

Tom2828

Me too.
    I gave him a tip how to live the Australian dream with $500 a week and he complains.
    What an ant.

How is your rating related to your experience of making $$$ in uber ?

Rally_Sport and Apollo like this.
  16. Solarman

Solarman

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Franco Cozzo will soon enough chime in with his true words of wisdom. However, I will add my bit by suggesting you DON'T try to drive full time. Wait for the surges, then, if they're real, and high enough, get in you car and GO!

You will make more money this way, than driving base. Less hours, less wear and tear on both you and your car compared to running around at base rates.

Because this is a troll community. Few people here play nice. It's allowed to happen, so it's taken advantage of.

Djhuber63, clmre and Crazy Pablo like this.
  17. Drive 80-100 hours a week for the first hundred days and milk the honeymoon period for all it worth where you think rideshare the best thing in the world. After which start looking for actual work.

For you to make a grand clear? 35-45 hours depending on how good you are.

Subaru_X and Apollo like this.
  18. Sure and become Ice Ant for $10 per hour.

Nah dude he is serious.
    Perfect example what Sara does to the people.
    From Surge Ant to Ice Ant
    Maven needs $300 every week for their Craptiva

19. Krusty

Krusty

You will have to make $600 per week for starters just to equal what you would get on the dole.

Apollo, eXperiment and Tom2828 like this.
  20. Fail
    Comes from Ice Ant at $10 per hour.
    12l per 100km Subaru
    Vehicle cost and upkeep doesn’t matter